The razing of dear old Ironton High

General Chat
ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Looks like those were taken off my front porch.

Never Give Up!
bigIman
Waterboy

Post by bigIman »

Them are some nice pics I wish I could see more on here kinda gives you and empty feeling :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I have heard they are going to try to save the front of the building.

I also heard that the front won't be the front for the new building.

They said the Heplar St. side will be the front.

That makes no sense to me.

The 7th Street side should be the front of dear old Ironton High.

Who knows something about this?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I think you are right about the old front being saved and you also are right about the new front being on Heplar Street. Pictures of the new school are on the lower level of the City Center. Looking at the school from Heplar Street you see the new auditorium on the left and the new gym on the right and the main entrance in the center. At least that is the way I see it by looking at the pictures.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Is the new school already built? If not, where are the kids going to classes?

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

portsmouth_98 wrote:Is the new school already built? If not, where are the kids going to classes?

The new schools will not be finished until 2009.

The high school students are now in the old middle school (old Jr. Hi) on the west end of town. Grades 7-8 are in the Conley Center. Grade 6 is housed at 1st Baptist Church. Grades 4-5 are at Kingsbury Elementary. Grades 2-3 are at Whitwell Elementary. K-1 are at West Ironton Elementary.

Someone can correct me on this if any of it is wrong.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i felt kind of bad putting this on here about the flag, but it was very disturbing to me. i'm glad that other's felt the same. makes me proud to hear it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Pictures from yesterday.....

A look down Tiger Alley from Heplar Street......

The south end being demolished.....

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

I was down by there this morning and the flag that is in one of the windows is not just hanging there on a wall, forgotten to be taken down. It is on a wood flag pole. It has been moved from window to window during the demolition process. I started out in a window above the old greenhouse and has just been moved around.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Those pictures just make me sick to my stomach.

I never dreamed it would bother me this much to see dear old Ironton High being torn down. :( :(

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

philthyphil wrote:I was down by there this morning and the flag that is in one of the windows is not just hanging there on a wall, forgotten to be taken down. It is on a wood flag pole. It has been moved from window to window during the demolition process. I started out in a window above the old greenhouse and has just been moved around.

Thanks for clairifying the flag ordeal :-D

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

I for one am glad that we are getting new schools. However, I was overwhelmed when I saw my classroom being torn down. It will be worth it in the end.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Amen Corner wrote:
philthyphil wrote:I was down by there this morning and the flag that is in one of the windows is not just hanging there on a wall, forgotten to be taken down. It is on a wood flag pole. It has been moved from window to window during the demolition process. I started out in a window above the old greenhouse and has just been moved around.

Thanks for clairifying the flag ordeal :-D

Ok heres what I was told about the flag...
It is the Unions flag,that are working on the demolition.
Normally they mount it on the top of the crane.It(the flag) gets moved around daily.Hope this clears everything up.

Never Give Up!
IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Thanks for the explanation, but, it still looks disturbing to these eyes. What do people think who don't ask the workers, read here, or are otherwise 'informed'? Just a thought.

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AGREE, WHEN I WORKED CONSTRUCTION, WE ALWAYS PLACED THE FLAG ON THE HIGHEST PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WE WERE USING THAT DAY, OR JOB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Yea it's something that those guys do.

Hopefully it won't take them very long to finish it.

Return to “The Off season”