Christian Rock Concert

General Chat
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Christian Rock Concert

Post by ManitouDan »

7th Day Slumber , a very good hard rock Christian band will be playing at Summit Middle school out back of Ashland ky on Friday May 9th . 7;00pm I think. Not sure if there is an opening act or not. You can hear their stuff on their web site , just google 7th day slumber. (check out the cut Finally Awake)

Lead singer was druggie and ex-con. Got his life turned around. These guys really relate well to troubled teens. AND seem to be living what they preach. Hope to see you there. My 12 year old loves them MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Christian Rock Concert

Post by ManitouDan »

I'll bite my Christian tongue at the 2 above comments ---I'll let them stand to show what some people think of Christians.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I don't care for it but won't knock it down if someone listens to it. my daughter actually went to one in Columbus a couple months ago..

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

why is it a scam ? Do you know people's heart ? I guess the only thing holding you back from creating this successful band is .............. _____ _____ _____ , you just don't want to ???? MD

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

If it leads people to Jesus then it's okay by me. We have people ask for ear plugs at our church because it is a little on the loud side and not in the hymnals. ;-)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

reaching out to the lowest of low, the dirtiest of the dirty , the ones different than us, THATS A LARGE PART OF WHAT I"M TRYING TO BECOME. After all thats what Christ did to me. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ttt

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I've got a good idea, START A THREAD ABOUT HATING CHRISTIAN MUSIC AND HOW FAKE IT IS BECAUSE YOU KNOW ALLLLLLLLLL ABOUT EVERYONE OF THEM AND BASH EM' ALL , but leave my announcement thread alone with your closed minds. You don't want to come , thats cool , but quit discouraging others ------millstone around your neck ?????? MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'm fine, this is a positive thread , just an annoucement about a concert for those that might be interested. Might even lead a reader to the Lord , who knows. It's not a discussion thread about how many cords a band plays , or style of music . You know , no one said you had to listen to it, or like it. if you guys want to bash it , just go start your own thread . No one is coming to drag you to the concert. pretty simple , go be negative all you want somewhere other than this postive thread. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Brilliant -- why don't you just go away -- since this thread isn't about anything you agree with AND I'n not pushing it on anyone just go away.

I guess if I've hi-jacked a thread before that makes it OK for you to do it here ?? wonderful mature thinking , about right for a kid your age. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

no other comments needed from me have a good one ----Oh wait what beliefs was I trying to impose ???? you accuse me of it ---I announced a concert , then you and your buddy started. MD

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

lol, he's not my buddy, guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

I love Christian music. I have never heard of the band that is playing next weekend. I will have to check them out. Skillet is a great Christian Rock band. They were at my church a few years ago.

I will have Relay for Life on the 9th and won't be able to attend. But enjoy and I pray that God will touch many lives there.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

itownpaw--check out their web site and listen to couple tunes "Finally Awake" is really good . Bet you would like them if you like Skillet. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I did'nt post an opinion --I posted an announcement , then told the music critics out there to start their own thread if they wish to discuss personal taste in music . Your opinions are welcome , just start your own thread. I think Christian music is cool, it can motivate and challenge , it has replaced all other music for me, something I would have though absurd 5 years ago. I thought my christian friends were nuts for listening to it. To each his own as far as music. I'm good with that , just did'nt see the wisdom of attacking it on this thread . MD

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

ManitouDan wrote:7th Day Slumber , a very good hard rock Christian band will be playing at Summit Middle school out back of Ashland ky on Friday May 9th . 7;00pm I think. Not sure if there is an opening act or not. You can hear their stuff on their web site , just google 7th day slumber. (check out the cut Finally Awake)

Lead singer was druggie and ex-con. Got his life turned around. These guys really relate well to troubled teens. AND seem to be living what they preach. Hope to see you there. My 12 year old loves them MD

hmmmm!!!!I can't believe an argument started over this....

Anyway, I love Southern Gospel and Contemporary Gospel Music....

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

I have been to multiple Ozzfests and i still love Christian hard rock/metal/heavy metal. Listen to Demon Hunter and then come back with your emo comparison. You gotta be kidding me.
ManitouDan-Thank you for letting posters know about the upcoming concert. Believe it not (doubters) there are kids who have straightened their lives around because of Christian music. Thank you again Manitou for the information. I agree that some people need to start their own negative Christian music thread.
God Blees and keep the faith. Metal Rules!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

What is emo ? fake computer generated stuff ??? MD

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

ManitouDan wrote:What is emo ? fake computer generated stuff ??? MD

It's probably a typo MD....They probably meant "Elmo".... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sorry I ask ---makes the comments about "emo" music even worse. Is'nt good music of any type suppossed to stir your emotions. I know you mean the canned, fake pop stuff (teen age stuff Jonas bros , backstreet boys etc ) is goofy but I don't see that at all on the christian side. MD

Return to “The Off season”