Logan Water Troubles

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Logan Water Troubles

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I haven't had water since 5:00 AM this morning. :( Heard most of the town hasn't got it. Heard the pumping station was down, and also heard a major line had burst and leaking. Anyone else without water in Logan? Talked to a few people this morning and they haven't got water either. :?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Water Troubles

Post by noreply66 »

They are working on a leak at Homer and Front.
It is suppose to be fixed and water is on....Turn cold water line on to help get air out of system. Might take a while.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Got some water now but no pressure, just a weak stream. My Aunt called me and said an old couple hit a fire hydrant somewhere, and it wouldn't be back to regular pressure till this afternoon. She said she took a drive and seen a city worker and talked to him and he said it effected the whole city. Got me, but I bet we will have to boil water till it gets all cleared out of the lines. The little bit of water coming out of my facets looks dirty.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Glad you posted this trenchfoot,was wondering if I was the only one with this problem.If you hear of a boil alert put it on here!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Will do. You know who that will let me know, I don't get the local rag. :lol: :lol: :lol: I left for awhile and just got back, seems to have more pressure now but still not like it use to be. Still kinda dirty looking though. Needs just a little more pressure and it will be back to normal.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Looks like the boil alert started today Bolt at 2:30 PM and last till Tuesday June 28th from East Front St to Market St, might not be for people west of Market. I've noticed mine is not as dirty now but I still don't trust it. I'll boil mine for awhile regardless. :P :shock: But still needs more pressure. Ole KW was right, it all started with someone hitting a fire hydrant. http://www.logandaily.com/news/accident ... 6af11.html

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

guess it was Culver and Front not Homer and front.Just a block and a half from here.

Wonder how many people got up this morning and said...."Honey did you pay the water bill?"

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It changed again Bolt and Noreply. go ahead and boil your water. I am no matter how clean it looks.

A boil alert is in effect for the entire City of Logan, Enterprise and Rockbridge until further notice. Maniskas said he does not recommend washing white clothing at this time; make sure to boil water before using; and if the water is brown or cloudy, turn on the cold-water tap and allow it run for a short period of time.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:guess it was Culver and Front not Homer and front.Just a block and a half from here.

Wonder how many people got up this morning and said...."Honey did you pay the water bill?"
I ask my wife the same thing when she woke up. Did you pay the water bill? :lol: :lol: :lol: But I knew something was wrong because I noticed it was low on pressure when I gave the cats some water, then an hour later I had none. :( Then I thought if she didn't pay the water bill, they wouldn't shut it off in the middle of the night, but who knows about this City. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like the stores in Logan are going to make a killing on bottled water for awhile.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Looks like the stores in Logan are going to make a killing on bottled water for awhile.
KW called here and said it's an emergency situation thing. It's free bottled water. Better get it while it's free Bolt. :lol: :lol: CK is getting some. It's 24 packs too.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Mistake in info. Not free at the stores but it's free bottled water packs to Logan residents at the fairgrounds per KW again. Probably gotta prove you live in Logan I'm guessing before they give ya some.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just got some today at Carnival call magnetic springs spring water,could be a defcon 4 down at the fairgrounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Just got some today at Carnival call magnetic springs spring water,could be a defcon 4 down at the fairgrounds :lol: :lol: :lol:
You wouldn't catch me down there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I already had plenty of bottled water to last for awhile. Dasani. Good stuff. Good thing ole CK got some at Kroger the other day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I never drink city water anyways. :x I'll go waterless if I had to drink it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Might as well dip your cup in swimming pool water and drink it, city water is about the same.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Pressure back down again :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, mine too. KW said they are pressurizing the lines and it will go up and down till they get it back to normal. It has no way been close to normal yet though. At least ya can take a shower or bath and brush dat toof. :lol: :lol: :lol: Angus seen them still working down there on front when she came home from work at 7:00 PM. Angus took a bath when she got home, took forever to fill the tub up to an adequate level for a bath. :lol: :lol: :lol: She also put a couple caps of bleach in her bath water to make sure it was clean to her liking. She said the water was clear and didn't look dirty, but didn't trust it on her skin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Didn't you say KW put bleach in her bath water all the time,she really don't trust it.Heck it's probably loaded with it already. :o

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, and she puts a cap in her dish water too. It does already have a chlorine base to it and other stuff to kill off bacteria and things. Sometimes you can smell it when you first turn the water on. But now would be a good time to add some bleach to bath water or dish water just to be sure. If they are putting out a boil alert, a little bleach won't hurt either for now till everything gets back to normal. KW was telling me someone she knows here in town the water is brown looking coming out of their facets. Not good there, that sediment gets caught in facet fixtures and toilet fixtures. Really hard on hot water tanks too. I hope not many people have to replace things. Dirty water can mess them up pretty quick.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They might be working on the street where it buckled up. Looked like a volcano getting ready to blow for awhile.

Return to “The Off season”