INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

flush, it is just gushing over the dam this morning when I went to oz to get my hair cut Monday about 10am. where the gates are down, or it would have been completely filled back up to summer pool temporarily.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Ugh hope they do something quick

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is pouring again today great one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i made a bad error in judgement about 90 minutes ago. i was scrolling through facebook and i wonder across this video that says something like. ''redneck eats hottest chips in the world'' or something similiar. it warned me about the language, which was actually spelled out missing some strategic letters as to be less offensive anyway. here strolls in this big ole shirtless tank of a man, and in his hands he has these 2 little red boxes that look like lil coffins with a chip in each one. he commences to say these are the hottest chips in the world, but to one better it, he slathered them all up with about a cup of lousianne hot sauce. and he throws these 2 chips in his jib and starts smashing them back. he ate both. and you could see them working on him. he says a few words describing the experience, like i say it's spelled out. which don't make it right, but i watched it for about a minute, and i was laughing so hard i litterally couldn't breath, i got all jiggly and sweaty on my forehead, and quite honestly could not breath, i went back in my rocker and was very worried, then things got all out of focus as my rockin chair leaned backwards. and i could hear it, but i couldn't see anything to do to stop the sound, i was flailing around like a catfish out of water trying to turn it off. then i got coughing and i had a couple tears run down my leg i think. i can't take stuff like that. it happens to me if i get really laughing hard and i thought i was gonna have to dial 911 and picked up the phone as i started seeing again, which turned out to be my stapler. you cain't make this stuff up. i have no idea how long the video was or how long it went on. but i know i can't ever re-watch it. anybody seen it. i was saying oh elizabeth and jesus's name at the same time. it was awful.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I went and took a look at it, Bait. I too had a laughing fit. :lol: :lol: :lol: didn't think he was gonna make it, and he left the milk alone for relief from the heat, because he didn't want the shi(ts for 2 weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M NOT SURE I GOT THAT FAR CONSCIOUS TRENCH.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I liked it so much, I had to go back and watch it again. :lol: :lol: That guy (Catfish Cooley) is funny and seems to be good hearted but the language is kinda foul. :lol: :lol: His beanie hat he had said parental advisory on it. :lol: :lol: Good ole Southern boy sounding by the way he talked. I thought he said two weeks but he said the pukes and poopies for 2 days from drinking milk. :lol: :lol: He's lactose intolerant. He said he would put up with the heat instead. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

got the yardwork done Wednesday the 8th of November. weird seeing water in the lake, and cutting grass nov. 8th as well, but we are quickly losing all of the water it just gushes out. as much as I hate to see winter come. I'm exhausted and so down in the back from yard work. I needed a break. I can't hardly get around right now. so I guess I'm ready for santy claus, n football games n action movies.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm hearing they are going to start a repair job below the dam as early as next week possibly to address the seepage boils where it is leaking from where all the trees were dozed out. the meeting they said they were going to make a sand and gravel birm. which makes no sense to me. =================================== all that will be is a filtration system for the water to feed into the Scioto river and crooked creek, it makes no sense to me whatever.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:22 am I'm hearing they are going to start a repair job below the dam as early as next week possibly to address the seepage boils where it is leaking from where all the trees were dozed out. the meeting they said they were going to make a sand and gravel birm. which makes no sense to me. =================================== all that will be is a filtration system for the water to feed into the Scioto river and crooked creek, it makes no sense to me whatever.
Way off topic, but this might be of interest to you, YTB:

http://www.independentmail.com/story/ne ... 836699001/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm so glad you sent that link. I have been friends with sam for many years. I was the president of the river cities bengals fan club back when he coached. I have numerous things autographed by him. and he sent me many autographed items for dispersing to handicap and terminally ill people that went through me to get it. and I would deliver it to them. wonderful guy, heart as big as the sky, awesome man to talk to. I do not have a current number for him anymore after he moved to pickens to coach. but i'll always treasure my friendship with him. I have a jacket I took there one day. it was white with a tiger on it. and it said bengals on it and he had like 25 players sign it. I don't wear it though, afraid of it getting wet.
i'll have to get it out and take a picture and send it to my ole buddy the great one to put up.
thanks again, that just warmed my heart reading that. and he and paul sparling, and rob recker were great to me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kinda strange after all this rain, the lake appears to be retaining water a little better than it was. it is at winter pool right now, and then some in my opinion. would that not be awesome, if somehow it had stopped leaking as much.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MAN THE DUCKS N GEESE N EAGLES AND HERONS ARE LOVING THIS EXTRA WATER IN THE LAKE. I HAIN'T SEEN MY BEAVER BUDDIES IN A WHILE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know what has changed but the lake is holding more water now than previously.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

I was invited to the stakeholders meeting on Tuesday night. Very informative meeting. The drain itself has been closed so that why you are seeing more water in the lake Oz. They are planning on starting on the filter berm to repair the boils (leaks) around the 551/104 area before the end of the year with a completion date before summer. These leaks are undermining the road itself and must be repaired to insure the integrity of the dam. Once those are repaired the plan is to bring the lake up to summer pool(or normal pool as they call it). They then will began looking and testing for other leak.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had hoped to be a part of that as well. but was never asked. I have been in touch with too many dignitaries to mention. but they have been very misleading. and In actuality I probably blew my chance at being a part of the stakeholders when I blurted out to the panel in the meeting that ''I WAS TIRED OF THEM PEEING DOWN MY LEG AND TELLING ME IT'S RAINING''. that probably didn't help. and the fact that I was interviewed by 3 Columbus news stations might have further added to that. but I was very professional though. and I did nothing but tell the truth. I'm so glad the drain is closed. it has helped tremendously with the water level and wildlife. but I been here 7 years now. and about 4 without water. and I uprooted and moved here because of the lake. leaving a paid off home and 5 acres of property at my previous location. it's very frustrating and the seepage boils were caused by dozing out all the trees on the backside. and I have no trust in fixing them with covering them with sand and gravel. that just does not make sence to me. but I'm tickled to death they are addressing this. and at least trying. thank you friend for letting me know this. it means a lot to me to find out they are at least trying to resolve the situation. and I wish you all all the luck in the world solving this problem. please keep me updated. I would love to chat in a pm. or I'm tom Osborne 57, waverly, ohio on facebook. you can hit me up there as well.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds like things are going to get better soon for the lake. Good to hear fella's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Lake White Update November 15, 2017: The Filter Berm project is moving forward to make the dam safe. ODNR officials report that they hope to have the Filter Berm plans finalized by the end of this month and to begin construction on the Filter Berm by the end of December 2017. Construction should take 8-12 weeks, weather permitting. After construction is completed, the Filter Berm will need to complete comprehensive inspections to ensure safety. ODNR is hopeful that the project will be completed by spring or summer of 2018. Thereafter ODNR has committed to closing the drain and gates to allow the Lake to return to summer pool.
The Filter Berm is not designed to fix the water loss problem. It is designed to stop erosion caused by the water loss, which could cause a critical failure of the dam.
The ODNR engineers that I spoke to did not have a solution to fix the water loss problem at this time. Their primary goal is dam safety. However, they did express a commitment to trying to find a solution to the water loss problem. They are not done researching the problem and looking for a fix.

trench here is an update that judge paul price had on his page on facebook page.i shared it on my page as well judge paul price is a fine man. he has been very diligent in his efforts to almost single handedly spearhead this effort to push getting this fixed. to look out my window now we are slightly fuller than winter pool. there is water right up to my dock. the lake has the appearance at least now of a lake. the only thing that gives the depth away on my end. the front of the lake is previous growth that wasn't mowed and a big bare spot out front of my house like 150/200 yards in front of my house. so I pray this works and this situation is resolved. and I know everybody in these parts appreciates paul prices efforts and his professionalism in getting this done. it's a debt we cannot repay, other than voting for him in the future. but he has never, ever mentioned that. he grew up here, and truly misses the lake and it's beauty and activities. but if he ever runs for anything, he has ole bait's vote.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you all ought to see the lake now. we had torrential rains last night.

Return to “The Off season”