INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:15 pm Pretty sure noodling for catfish is illegal in Ohio bait. I don't think I could do it anyway, never know for sure what is in them holes. If a snapper or beaver is wallering around in there you fingers might not come back.
Ole RW,BO,PW, use to feel for those snapping turtles along and in the banks over here at the Hocking creek. :lol: Ole BO got plenty of them that way. Ole Dave cooked them up. :lol: :lol: She had welts and cut up skin all over her from those things snapping and grabbing her. She said it was fun doing it. I said yeah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 am I did not know that bolt. one could always say they were lookin for a lost fishin lure. and a big ole flathead bit him on the hand I spect. many moons ago I noodled fer snappin turtles a few times with some friends. I was always told a turtle goes in his hole headfirst so when you feel the tail you got him. well I got ahold of one that someone either forgot to tell him about going in headfirst or he had a big enough living room he could turn around to see what was goin on. I felt the shell. went fer the tail. and PUP POW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, A 28 pound snapping turtle bit the tip of ole bait's right middle finger. and I let out a warcry that could have woked up custer, Geronimo, and abe Lincoln at the same time. like to tore hit plumb off. luckily I had 2 other people with me that got ahold of each front leg and pulled him out. I got to the truck and duck taped it till I get get to the award winnin arntun general hospital. we had to take a craftsman Phillips head screw driver n put it up his butt fer him to let go. that broke ole bait of noodling and drinkin at the same time. true stuff. and I spyed some beavers here in the fall. but hain't seen any lately. but I have some buddies who want to try to yank out a couple of flatheads here, er I mean a lost fishin lure. it would just be to do it n let it go anyway. ole bait'll stay up top.
Do you own the property where your dock sets, Bait?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

technically homeowners own the property, the state owns the water. that way the state ain't gotta clean it up any I think is the legal jargon. yes I actually have one of the bigger frontages on the lake. to not have a gazillion dollar home. plus I have 2 lots trench.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:31 pm technically homeowners own the property, the state owns the water. that way the state ain't gotta clean it up any I think is the legal jargon. yes I actually have one of the bigger frontages on the lake. to not have a gazillion dollar home. plus I have 2 lots trench.
Just watch out for sneaky Ranger Rick, and you should be ok. I like fishing in private ponds. Been busted before with no fishing license years ago, and I still haven't purchased any, and never will. Should be able to fish where you want without them. It's just another way for the State to bring in some more money that get wasted anyways.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:31 pm technically homeowners own the property, the state owns the water. that way the state ain't gotta clean it up any I think is the legal jargon. yes I actually have one of the bigger frontages on the lake. to not have a gazillion dollar home. plus I have 2 lots trench.
I thought it looked pretty big frontage from your pictures on here. Nice area and looks to be in the nicer part of the lake. You sure do keep it look-un good, Bait. 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THERE IS A LINK ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE ABOUT THE LAKE AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE ODNR. IT WAS TOO LONG TO COPY N PASTE TO PUT HERE. BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Lake White update April 24th, 2018: will we have a usable lake this summer? That was the big question at a meeting i attended with ODNR officals tonight. The short answer is: Maybe.

The water level will start being brought up on may 4th. Theyre going to go in 1.2 ft increments and after the increment is achieved, they will monitor for 5-7 days before proceeding to next increment if no concerns are found. The goal being a total raise of 3.6 ft resulting in summer pool. They will do this using the drain with the gates in the full closed position. Pending weather and good results we could achieve full pool as soon as memorial day. However is there is insufficient rainfall the level progress will be drawn out and if a problem is identified, the level could be lowered for further investigation.

The recreational status of the water during the incremental raising is being discussed and we will be notified as soon as a decision has been made. The concerns are ongoing due to the unknown future results of the incremental raising, as well as dependency on weather cooperating with allowing level monitoring and level progress.

Filter berm is completed as planned. Potential for extended berm area to be worked on in future depending if new boils arise outside the current berm area.

4ft of clay and dirt are to be added to the non waterside area along 551 between the boat house and st rte 104 to reinforce that part as precautionary measure.

These are major hurdles that have been accomplished to make sure the dam/levy saftey objective is met and allows further investigation of the water loss problem and raising of the lake level.

The company awarded the leak investigatory contract will be announced approximately may 21. The process will initiate june 2018 with a preliminary finding posted fall of 2018 and final findings released spring of 2019.

-Braydon

With Paul Price

LikeShow more reactions
Comment Share

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there it is I copied it from the top down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:54 pm
I thought it looked pretty big frontage from your pictures on here. Nice area and looks to be in the nicer part of the lake. You sure do keep it look-un good, Bait. 8-)
thank you friend. actually I'm on the end where some of the smaller houses are, in comparison to some of those goliath houses on the back end. but it' not nearly as congested on my end.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we are supposed to be at full summer pool by memorial day.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Friday may 4th they are supposed to raise the gates 1.5 feet. and then measure water levels. then another 1.5 feet sometime between the and memorial day. and see if the lake maintains the level. frankly I say raise the gates, leak er not. leave them up. God will fix it. and don't manipulate the dam manually every time you smell rain coming. let the dam do what a dam does.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lets get things back to normal round here already.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

raisin the lake 1.5 feet Friday, whoooooooo hoooooooooo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE GATES WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RAISED 1.5 FEET TODAY. BUT AS OF 2PM THEY HAVE NOT BEEN YET.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bummer. Who has the job/go ahead of raising them, Bait?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOD'S PEREFECT TIMING THEY RAISED THEM HALFWAY ABOUT 4. AND NOW WE'RE GETTIN AFRICAN RAINS. SO HOPEFULLY NOW THE LAKE HOLDS THE WATER, THANK YOU LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the water has risen over a foot as of Monday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if the lake maintains the water levels. they will raise the rest of the way. and state that will be done no later than memorial day.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had a neighbor that went fishing here yesterday. and just using an in-line spinner bait, like a rooster tail. and he caught 3 bass over 3 pounds, several crappie over 10 inches, a bunch of bluegills and a 12'' saugeye. so hopefully this water stays in the lake , and hopefully they can restock again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I didn't mean to say here meaning my house. he lives about a half mile from me. on 552, but caught these right in front of his house. so if they're there, they're here.

Return to “The Off season”