INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by cbolt »

My brother used to gig a little and he would knock them out before cooking so they wouldn't suffer so bad. He did it with fish too. He always kept a wooden club down in the basement and gave them a good conk on the head before tearing into them with a knife. I used to think that was cruel but he said it wasn't near as bad as cutting them alive. I can see his point now. The older I have gotten the more respect I give to God's creatures.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:28 pm My brother used to gig a little and he would knock them out before cooking so they wouldn't suffer so bad. He did it with fish too. He always kept a wooden club down in the basement and gave them a good conk on the head before tearing into them with a knife. I used to think that was cruel but he said it wasn't near as bad as cutting them alive. I can see his point now. The older I have gotten the more respect I give to God's animal creatures.
Agree Bolt. Anything alive, Scalding/frying in hot grease while conscious has to be awful pain for awhile. Same here, I have great feeling and respect for all the Lords creations. Another thing I don't agree with is dropping live lobsters in boiling water. Makes my skin hurt thinking about it. Them poor things/frogs/fish/lobster's have to go through some kind of he((/pain before they die from doing that to them.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yep I won't eat Lobster at a place that does that, only if their killed humanely. I don't know what's so bad about knocking them in them head first so they don't suffer so bad. Ole SC would say were are crazy, he say well they just going down your throat anyway :lol: :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I haven't got the heart to hit any of them in the head. If I catch a fish, I set them back into the water. I even feel bad taking the hook out of their mouth. Not a big fan of much fishing anyways, but like to once in awhile. Rather set on the bank and drink a beer and watch the boats go by. :)

SC :? He's too pickled to see what ya mean. ;) His thinking process stays in "his own suitable box". :roll: Can't believe you haven't noticed that by now. Ole BS called here a little bit ago, said he got him some of that vodka that taste like fine old wood tones. :lol: He will be feeling no pain here in a little bit. :lol: His day off, he treats himself to a state of comfortably numb. :lol:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:47 am MAN THE BULLFROGS ARE BELLERIN EVERYWHERE. AND TO AN OLE FROG GIGGER FROM WAY BACK. THEY SOUND'S LIKE BIG - UN'S. COME FROGGIN SEASON, OLE BAIT N MY TRUSTY OLE JON BOAT STUMPJUMPER AND A GOOD HATLIGHT MAY HAVE TO CATCH US A MESS. AN WATCH EM FLOP AROUND IN SOME COOKIN OIL.
Bait, do you put them bullfrogs "in hot cooking oil" while they are conscious/alive? :shock: Or knock them out first?
kill em first.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:47 am MAN THE BULLFROGS ARE BELLERIN EVERYWHERE. AND TO AN OLE FROG GIGGER FROM WAY BACK. THEY SOUND'S LIKE BIG - UN'S. COME FROGGIN SEASON, OLE BAIT N MY TRUSTY OLE JON BOAT STUMPJUMPER AND A GOOD HATLIGHT MAY HAVE TO CATCH US A MESS. AN WATCH EM FLOP AROUND IN SOME COOKIN OIL.
Bait, do you put them bullfrogs "in hot cooking oil" while they are conscious/alive? :shock: Or knock them out first?
kill em first.
Good man, Bait. Just wondering, Seen in your post said something about watching them flop around in cooking oil. :lol: I must have took it wrong. :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:47 pm I haven't got the heart to hit any of them in the head. If I catch a fish, I set them back into the water. I even feel bad taking the hook out of their mouth. Not a big fan of much fishing anyways, but like to once in awhile. Rather set on the bank and drink a beer and watch the boats go by. :)

SC :? He's too pickled to see what ya mean. ;) His thinking process stays in "his own suitable box". :roll: Can't believe you haven't noticed that by now. Ole BS called here a little bit ago, said he got him some of that vodka that taste like fine old wood tones. :lol: He will be feeling no pain here in a little bit. :lol: His day off, he treats himself to a state of comfortably numb. :lol:
Oh I see it all right! I hate it when he calls on the phone all pickled up. Won't listen to a word I say. BS huh huh huh, you ought to start calling him the weekend warrior! I was like that when I worked, at my job it was better to be in there on the weekend if you know what I mean. ;)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no they are killed 1st. I always did a knife in the brain. before cleaning them. we'd have them in a burlap bag, or wire cage if we were in a boat. but when you are cooking them they do jump around in the skillet, the frog legs do.

are you guys serious about the feces in lake logan. I have no idea. is there actually sewage going into the lake. how can the epa not be involved. that could cause giardia, hepatitis and all sorts of crap, lol. see what I done there, Lord I apologize.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I didn't know if you fellers were caddyshackin' me or not.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Lol I thought maybe you threw them baby's in there alive too bait they way you had it worded. Glad you don't because there aint nottin worse than being burned/cooked alive. Lake Logan feces? Lol mostly we are joking around but there is a lot of truth to it.Last year around this time they had an ecoli alert. With all the people living around it the poopy and pee pee has to go somewhere. Even if they got their own septics you can bet there is probably see leakage occurring and seeping in. It's been known by the locals around here for many years to be a cesspool. Mostly just out of towner's head for the beach because the locals know. When I was young it was common to see a big ole turd floating at the beach line. Part of the problem was their restrooms leached right into the beach area. I remember walking in a certain part out in the water where it was all soft and mushy clear out to the buoys where it leached in. Buuiicckk! https://www.logandaily.com/news/e-coli- ... 3a85e.html

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm Lol I thought maybe you threw them baby's in there alive too bait they way you had it worded. Glad you don't because there aint nottin worse than being burned/cooked alive. Lake Logan feces? Lol mostly we are joking around but there is a lot of truth to it.Last year around this time they had an ecoli alert. With all the people living around it the poopy and pee pee has to go somewhere. Even if they got their own septics you can bet there is probably see leakage occurring and seeping in. It's been known by the locals around here for many years to be a cesspool. Mostly just out of towner's head for the beach because the locals know. When I was young it was common to see a big ole turd floating at the beach line. Part of the problem was their restrooms leached right into the beach area. I remember walking in a certain part out in the water where it was all soft and mushy clear out to the buoys where it leached in. Buuiicckk! https://www.logandaily.com/news/e-coli- ... 3a85e.html
Also Bolt, I witnessed myself, 2 straight pipes going into the lake one time replacing a sewage line in the area out there. So there is truth about it. :shock:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The bluegill me and my brother caught out there back in the 90s still tasted pretty good. That feces they swim around in must give the meat a good flavor :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The bluegill me and my brother caught out there back in the 90s still tasted pretty good. That feces they swim around in must give the meat a good flavor :lol:
Jimbo ate some of them bluegill too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like he dipped them in nacho cheese :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cryptosporidium just a flying out of that big 4 X noggin. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you all are a freakin hoot. loved the pictures. all but the nacho cheese spittin contest.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I agree YTB them two are nuts with their poopy and pukey! :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You'll really like this 9 and a half inches! http://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/vid ... 1184683541

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm I agree YTB them two are nuts with their poopy and pukey! :lol:
9.5, go out to the LL beach sometime and spend an afternoon this summer, or rent a paddle boat and look around. I bet you will get a better view on what we are talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”