INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 am thanks legend. you da man big guy.
This is true
if you don't believe you, ask you right. great meeting you ole buddy. we're gonna throw a few catfish lines out together her for long. catch a few whisker fishes up to fry.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 am thanks legend. you da man big guy.
This is true
if you don't believe you, ask you right. great meeting you ole buddy. we're gonna throw a few catfish lines out together her for long. catch a few whisker fishes up to fry.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tom Osborne this is what just destroys your soul as a lake white resident. sunday i had 2 feet of water at my dock, it was lower monday but i actually fished from the dock. i'm not trying to instigate anything here but get an explanation for this. they are dumping the water from the lake with that big darn drain. why because it was supposed to rain. it was already at winter pool, it could not go anywhere, other than overflow at the dam. you already have the scito and ohio river flooding. it doesn't make sence to me to dump a 337 acre lake on top of that. is this about the berm project, because if the dam drain ain't up, we got a geyser of a leak somewhere. this is the most mismanaged body of water in the state, let the dam do what a dam does. not freak out everytime rain is in the forecast. just when we are being told that the lake will be at summer pool by raising the gates they do this. destroying our lake further, ruining our fishery, and wasting every fish that was stocked here. am i the only one that is dang tired of this. i been here 7 years, and about 4.5 years of that has been with an empty lake. this ain't rocket science here. if they can't fix it, let mother nature take care of itself. raise the dam and let it do what a dam does and leave it the heck alone. please feel free to share. tom osborne, lake white road. =========== someone needs to provide the residents of the lake information on this and just not act like it ain't happening.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

How far from your dock is it now, Bait? Sad to hear. Looked pretty good in them last pictures on here. Sounds like somebody is panicking with the rain we got coming this weekend. Suppose to get a bunch more. They are calling for 3-5 inches of rain in the surrounding Ohio valley area. Days of dangerous flooding ahead they are saying per WC. But I as well don't think they need to let water out of the Lake. Whoever is running the show/calling the shots for the Lake must ride/take a short bus to work. :shock: :? :lol: :lol: Like you say, it don't take a rocket scientist, let the Dam deal with the overflow if it happens.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good pics. Leak or draining?

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I assume it is the drain, but some people on Facebook think it is a leak.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Major gusher whatever it is. Drain the lake in little time, by the way it looks. :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Flush wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 pm I assume it is the drain, but some people on Facebook think it is a leak.
flush I can tell by the picture the exact location of the picture. it is on of 2 things, the back side of that main drain the installed for dumping massive amounts of water. or the seepage boils they referred to. if it is the latter , then it's obvious the filter berm project will likely be a failure.

I don't remember who asked the question but it is well up the dock now. strangely enough after I posted that comment on facebook with pictures of it draining, then it has rained for 3 whole days, major rains. but still if the gates had been up I think it would have been a more controlled dump of water, instead of flooding the Scioto river into the ohio. but in the same respect we could have had flooding if they had not. the thing that concerns me is the fact they opened everything when the rain was only in the forecast. ------------------------------ so you dump millions of gallons and the fish out because you are anticipating rain. what if you don't get it or the rain changes directions. then you have a dry lake and they say they are going to raise the gates fully in april. if that had been during the spring or summer, potentially hundreds of boats would have been beached. and there are potentially a hundred places here that are weekend or summer only. then the boat.homeowner has no idea they are draining the lake. you can't imagine how many people have had that happen. I know because I have helped many of them.so let the dam do what the dam does instead of manually manipulating it every time a dark cloud comes into view.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

47 supposed to get to 67, and pouring the rain like a cow peein on a flat rock. the sun hain't no where in sight, so I think a lot has to change to hit 67.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

unbelievable how much rain and debris that has floated by here. we saw the water just gushing out sunday on the way to and from church. just staggering the amount of water backed up in the creek there by the dam heading back towards town. and the amount heading towards the Scioto river. supposed to have a couple of dry days Monday n Tuesday.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Got any pics of it, Bait? Love to see it.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I noticed that your neighbor's sail boat was actually floating yesterday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yeah flush, it goes up and comes down. according to how much water is coming through. I feel sorry for him, but they offered to get it out for him. when you gonna stop by n see ole bait, n have a big ole glass of sweet tea with me n play a couple games of pool.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well at least we had 2 dry days. back to rainin all day now. the good news is I got some new driftwood n stickups to fish around. if we have any fish left.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we are going to have 4/5 days of dry weather it looks like here. hope everything and the high water all recedes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

had to get the oil changed n some tires put on this morning. all that heavy equipment by the dam had to be moved up to the highest ground there because of the flooding the last couple of weeks. but when I came through this morning about 8am, they were back moving dirt n rock for the berm project. ----------------- nobody up here has any confidence the lake will be fixed this spring.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

snowing here at the lake Thursday morning. nothing major, just light snow.

has anybody heard if they are on track to be at summer pool next month. I've not seen any new releases.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HEY NEW OWNER MIKE YOUNG AT BILL'S BAIT HOUSE AT LAKE WHITE HAS HIS LIVE BAIT IN NOW. MINNERS, GOLDFISH, ETC. NIGHTCRAWLERS, WAXWORMS, MEAL WORMS, IF YOU AIN'T BEEN THERE IN A WHILE. IT'S LIKE A SMALL BASS PRO SHOP. IT'S CHALKED PLUMB FULL OF GOODIES,HUGE GUNS SELECTION, ARCHERY, FISHING, LIVE BAIT, WADERS, BATTERIES, LINE RE-SPOOLIN, TON'S OF GAMAKATSU HOOKS, AND LURES. FISHING COMBOS VERY WELL PRICED. ANYTHING YOU NEED. TELL HIM OLE OZZIE SENT YOU. -------------- BILL'S BAIT HOUSE = 4308 STATE ROUE 220 = WAVERLY, OHIO 45690 = 740-947-2542. HE ALSO BOUGHT THE WHOLE CAMPGROUND THERE IF YOU'RE LOOKIN TO LIVE OR RENT THERE, HE'S THE GUY TO SEE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Wonderful Men's Breakfast this morning at Calvary Baptist Church in Piketon,Ohio.I missed my ole buddy Gary Crabtree, and I found out that my friend Bob dDke had passed away. Wonderful memories of him n his harmonica. Had some visitors there and young men from the Youth Group. And got to see several friends of mine from New Covenant. What a wonderful blessing and meal. And thanks to the cooks. And a big hand to Ray Newman. Our ''Kitchen Master''

Return to “The Off season”