Wal-Mart, Policies ?

General Chat
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Wal-Mart, Policies ?

Post by biggdowgg »

I was just wondering, when some one returns something to wal- mart, are they allowed to put it back in the boix, tape it back up, and re sale it as new?

reason I ask,I purchased a air conditioner there yesterday, and my son and I took it out of the box today to put in our dining room window, when we opened the box, al the screws was laying" loose" in the bottom of the box, the warranty papers was already out of the plasting bag it comes in, and the remote was also unwrapped with batteries in it.

even afetr seeing all this, I figutred,I already had it home, "and up 30 stairs" and figured someone just wanted their money back, so I decided to go ahead an put it together and hook it up.

MISTAKE!!

afetr putting the sides on, putting it in the window, sealing it all off,,,,,we plugged it in...NOTHING!!, it would not even light up :mad: :mad:

I called and talked to the manager, but they said she was not available at this time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wal-Mart, Policies ?

Post by Orange and Brown »

You call the 1-800 number and give em heck!!! I gaurentee the store manager will call you back about 10 minutes after you get off the phone with custemer service.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

They do this a lot I would do as the poster above me suggested.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy... :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

problem taken care of......

this time the one we took from the store had NOT been opened, and still had the plastic straps around the box!

along with a small discount 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy... :lol:

:mad: :oops:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

But...after doing all that...especially carrying that up a couple of flights of steps...when you stopped working, didn't it feel cooler? That's the green way of cooling! like it? :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if you ever seen my house and where it sits, you would know,,a few flights of steps, is an understatement :122246

add to the fact that I am on cruthes right now, made it even worse :oops:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Crutches?...hottest day of the year..20 steps...you upstairs and no AC and finding out it didn't work...and the manager wouldn't answer the phone?????

You know, you paint a picture prettier than Rembrandt every could have thought of painting! I could just stand here and admire it all day long! ;-)

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i work at walmart in new boston. let me give you the inside scoop on how this works. when people return an item to the store the associate in customer srervice asks the customer " was there anything wrong with the product" if they say no, it goes in a tub behind the counter marked for the department it belongs in. if the customer says it is defective it gets what is called a claims ticket placed on the box and it is shipped out and the store is given credit for the damaged item. ok, back to the returned items that are put in the tub. every few hours people from each department go to the service desk to pickup their "returns" and put them back on the shelf. and when you called to ask to talk to a manager....never ask for the department manager. they only work from 7am-4pm on weekdays, and are off on weekends. and they realy dont have authority to handle problems that customers have, they will put you on hold and talk to an assistant manager to get an answer. always ask for a member of managment. that will give you access to talking to any member of upper managment including store assistant managers, wich there is always 3-4 on duty at all times to answer phonecalls and deal with numerus problems, co-managers, we have 2 of them at new boston, or the store manager. although the store manager never answers calls unless he is asked for on the phone.

i agree, i never buy opened packages from any store, and i dont recomend it. at walmart we are told to leave items on the shelf unless they are visibly damaged, or pieces are missing. there is always someone who will buy an open box, you just have to wait for the right customer.

i am glad you got a discount, not because i am an employee there, but because i know what it is like to be in your shoes and you deserve a discount for your troubles. walmart is a multi billion dollar company, they wont miss a couple dollars

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Wal-Mart is not the only ones that do that. My daughter and I were shopping at Hobby Lobby this past April for things for her wedding. She bought a rhinestone headband and when we got outside of the store, she opened it and several stones were missing that you could not see in the box. We immediately took it back in and they let us exchange it. The problem was, we told the cashier what was wrong with it and she put it back in a box and placed it back on the shelf. We were stunned. Needless to say, we bought no further costume wedding jewelry there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FIDO wrote:biggdowgg, they do this crap a lot. I don't buy anything from Wal Mart that has been taped. In fact, I always grab the stuff in the back of the shelf and never in the front. I also do this at Lowes, Home Depot or any other place that might restock defective items..

I do the same--sometimes I will ask for one from the back

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

+They also have a bait and switch policy. They advertise one price (online) and then refuse to honor it in the store.

Makes life difficult when using a purchase order through work. Their response?

"That's just our policy, sir. We use that technique to get people into the store. If you don't like it, buy it online or don't buy it at all."

Wal-Mart policy also dictates that in store pick-up requires an act of God to actually claim your merchandise. My mom had a car seat sent to us when we had our daughter. They would not give it to me without three forms of ID and a code, that my mom was never given. I had my mom on the phone with the manager, and she wouldn't release the merchandise.

"I am sorry, sir, that's just our policy."

If it were up to me, that phrase would be punishable by sterilization and a year in prison. If you honestly believe that is the answer to any question, you are doing the world a disservice by reproducing. At Wal-Mart, that level of nonsense and customer disservice is good enough for a promotion and nomination for employee of the month.

I, for one, would love to have somewhere else to shop, because customer service is a distant memory at Wal-Mart. Lying, rudeness, indifference, and ignorance seem to be the priority amongst employess at Wal-Mart.

So, is that policy at all Wal-Marts, or do the employees at mine just freelance their asinine behavior?

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

it sounds like you got a retard for a cashier when you tried to pick up your site to store item.....here is how it realy works...

when you order something online you give your name, and the name of an alternate person to pick up the merchandise. when the item(s) arive at the store location you requested you will be sent an email with a confirmation number. when you go to the store to pick the item up you must have 1 form of ID, and the confirmation number. you must also be either the purchaser, or the alternate person to pick up the order.

as far as prices go, walmart.com is a seperate store from your own local walmart. prices on the website may differ from the price of the same item at your store. this is the stupid part...walmart will match any stores price, all you need is a copy of the ad from the store with the cheaper price and they MUST give it to you at the cheaper price, but, for some ungodly reason, they wont match their own walmart.com price. just as you stated, if it is cheaper online, order it online and pray that the item has the free site to store shipping

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I also work at Wal-Mart, and they haven't programed me..yet!! You are talking about my coworkers being rude, and uncaring. Well, I have been working back to school, in Stationary, for the last couple of weeks. You should have to put up with some of the rudest, meanest, nastiest people we have to deal with. I have been cussed at, shoved into the shelves, and talked down to so much, that I just want to screem. I always try to go to work everyday, and smile, and always be nice to our customers, but after working 8 hours, (and trust me you work hard at WAl-Mart) it is very hard to always plant a smile on your face. I actually thanked a customer, for being such a polite lady. She smiled, and told me that she hated rudeness, and that it was childish, and silly. So it goes both ways...teach your child how to be polite..heck, we have to work all day with screaming children who just want to go home..not shop ay Wal- Mart at 11:00 pm at night!! Ok..I will shut up...LOL

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

It is easy to knock Wal-Mart or put it down, but by golly when you need a new TV or some clothes those are the first people in line.

All you hear is how bad the pay is and how bad the insurance is. Well I got news for those people. It is the same at every other retail store in this country.

Larry the Cable Guy said something to the effect of, If you don't like what WalMart pays then don't freakin work there. There is a Walmart 20 minutes on iether side of where I live. Sometimes I go in and have a great experience and sometimes I go in and have on thats not so great. The same thing happens when I go to the Bank or Krogers or the gas station. I don't shop there because I have to. I shop there because I like there prices and selection. No one ever gets on here and talks about how nice an employee was to them. Maybe the employees aren't the problem. Maybe its the custemers. As custemers we want it now we do not want to wait 5 minutes and god forbid if we do. and by golly don't let them be out of something, Because the poor kid standing in front of us is going to hear about it because it has to be his fault.
I have been to numerous stores and treated like crap. I have also been to numerous stores and seen there employees smile and say yea mam no mam while getting treated like crap.People are going to have bad days, Sometimes you just can't help that. So the next time you go to Wal-Mart or Penny's, or KMart make sure that you are really really polite when asking for help, you will find that 9 out of 10 times they will be very very polite back to you.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

AMEN TO BOTH PHILLY AND ORANGE AND BROWN!!!!

it is hard to stay polite and keep a smile on your face as a walmart employe. and we do deal with a lot fo rude customers, but some are very nice. i too get cussed at in the pet department everyday. but then you have people who come in and are realy thankfull when you provide them with help.

i do have to admit, people complain about the pay and insurance at walmart, but i have to say, for a guy like me who only has a high school diploma there isnt much else beter out there for me. i am on the hunt for a beter paying job as we speak, but no doors have been open so i am glad to have my job at walmart even though everyday when i go to work i do hate it 90% of the time. not because of the pay, but because of the robots for management we have and knowing that when i go to work i am gonna have to do what the lazier employees didnt do durring the course of the day plus everything that is expected of me as a 2nd shift employee.

story time about rude customers....and if you happen to be the person i did this too and read this, learn your lesson lol. saturdays are VERY VERY busy at walmart. everyone as customers and employees need to do all they can to be courteus and help everyone else just get in, get what they need, and get out without any mishaps. well, my big pet peve is people who park a buggy full of stoff in the dead center of an isle and leave it, walk a couple isles away and spend 10-15 minutes looking at something not thinking about other people who need to get down the isle they just blocked off. well, this older woman who kept blocking the isles got on my nerves real bad, customers were even complaining that she just woulent move to the side so they could get through. well, she parks her buggy sideways in "action alley" or the main walkway around walmart people use to get anywhere in the store. she left it there for a minimum of 10 minutes blocking everyone. the buggy was half full of stuff from all over the store, i know she had been shopping for a while. i took her buggy to the front of the store while she browsed an isle and emptied everything she had in it into bins for the department it belongs in. of course when i go back to my department she asks me if i moved her buggy or seen someone take it so i explained that i "was mistaken" thinking someone abandoned the buggy and left the store for some reason since it sat in one place so long....of course i acted like i was truely sorry, appologized over and over but i got cussed out. i explained the buggy was blocking everything from other customers and i thaught i was doing what needed to be done since the buggy was "abandoned" and the customer must have surely left the store that it belonged to since it sat so long........i bet she never blocks an isle again and thinks about other next time she shops anywhere. i know it was wrong for me to do, but after years of working there you just get sick of certain things

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Like everyone is saying, if WalMart didn't perform, their parking lot would look like Kmart's.

Kmart's parking lot dispells the adage that advertising pays.

And at Walmart you encounter some of the best people in the world and some of the worst. Customers AND employees. We are lucky that the worst are a small minority. Much like all businesses.

And I am sure that most will agree with the below picture.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I never said anyone was rude to me, I was just wondering about returned things, and if they was permitted to be resold as new.

even as mad as I was, I wasnt rude to anyone at wal mart

now if I could find out who put that broken air conditioner back on the floor..it may have nbeen diferent :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

biggdowgg wrote:I never said anyone was rude to me, I was just wondering about returned things, and if they was permitted to be resold as new.

even as mad as I was, I wasnt rude to anyone at wal mart

now if I could find out who put that broken air conditioner back on the floor..it may have nbeen diferent :mrgreen:

I wasn't saying anything about you and I don't think anyone else was.

Please none of us want to get FIDO mad at us!!!!!!!!!
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Return to “The Off season”