No speeding through Coal Grove on US 52

General Chat
BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

No speeding through Coal Grove on US 52

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Just a warning to all drivers heading through Coal Grove on US 52, the speed limit is 45 even though there are no lane restrictions and the construction appears to be finished.

I drove through there twice today and saw one driver being ticketed then on my way back through I was ticketed for going 56 in a 45. The cop was sitting in the middle of the road just past the Ashland Bridge. I saw him but didn't see any reason for concern until he pulled me over. The cop didn't check my registration or insurance so CG has no interest other than making a quick buck.

He did advise me that the speed limit will likely stay at 45 for 2 more weeks giving the CGPD about 14 more days to add to the village general fund. Maybe they will change the slogan on the side of the cruisers from "To protect and serve" to "To hide and cite".

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Re: No speeding through Coal Grove on US 52

Post by RiverRatZap »

A friend of mine was a victim of this as well. 60 in a 45 at four o'clock in the morning. He was on his way home from work. The ticket was double since it was a holiday weekend (over $400).

He asked why the restriction since all the barrels had been moved. The police officer told him the paint lines weren't dry yet. :roll:

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i have to say this is some BS from the police, it is just uncalled for, they need to have it posted instead of just grabbing people blind to the speed limit

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Yeah, they pulled my mom over going to Ashland for work. 57 in what would normally be 55 with absolutely no traffic. $138. pure money making scheme.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I dont have to worry, my ol truck wont go over 45mph............. :roll:

and I sure didnt know it took 2 weeks for paint to dry............... :)

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

I got pulled over in Coal Grove on my way to work this morning no ticket though just a warning. I read this post yesterday and was doing 51 in a 45. They told me its still a work zone at 4:30 in the morning. :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

speed trap......

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

In Newark You can do 147+ for a $150 fine plus costs if you wear a badge.
Trooper gets a slap on the wrist and the Gahanna Officer gets fired.
And the OSP demands our respect. Yeah right! In their dreams.

Published: August 24, 2009
NEWARK, Ohio—A trooper and police officer who were ticketed for going more than 140 mph while off duty received different fates Monday.
Highsmith entered a plea of not guilty on Wednesday, July 8. He was sentenced to a $150 fine plus court costs. His license was to be suspended for six months, and four points were added to his license.
He was granted work driving privileges.
Thomas pleaded guilty Wednesday, Aug. 5, and was sentenced to a $150 fine and six-month license suspension.
Also Monday, Gahanna officials released a letter to Thomas from Gahanna Director Of Public Safety Robert O. E. Keyes that announced the termination of his employment with Gahanna police.
full story at below url
http://tinyurl.com/l4o85p

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

SWbaseballFan wrote:i have to say this is some BS from the police, it is just uncalled for, they need to have it posted instead of just grabbing people blind to the speed limit

It is posted 45. The 55 MPH signs are still covered.

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

WELL ALL I HAVE TO SAY BLINDWHITEHAT IS I SEE HOW YOU GOT YOUR NAME BLIND......IT IS CLEARLY POSTED *****45 MPH*****
IF YOU WOULD LIKE MAYBE THEY CAN HAVE SOMEONE THROW A YELLOW FLAG AND SEND YOU BACK 15 MILES INSTEAD OF A TICKET :lol: ....
AND IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THE STATE MANDATES THE LIMIT NOT COAL GROVE....

AND IF YOU HAD ALREADY SEEN THE OTHERS GETTING TICKETS I WOULD THINK A LITTLE MORE THE NEXT TIME..... SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED FROM THE OTHERS, SO I THINK THAT WAS YOUR WARNING....NO EXCUSE... :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

there is still construction going on and the limit is still 45.......

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

I THINK THE STATE OF OHIO NEEDS TO CHANGE ITS STATE FLOWER TO A ORANGE BARRELL WITH WHITE STRIPES

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

They had sixty people in traffic court last week.No I was not one of them.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

groveman1 wrote:I THINK THE STATE OF OHIO NEEDS TO CHANGE ITS STATE FLOWER TO A ORANGE BARRELL WITH WHITE STRIPES

Doesn't the presence of orange barrels mean work, jobs, projects and employment? I know construction zones are a bother and a nuisance, and various municipalities will do their best to capitalize on the situation to enrich their coffers. But, come on folks, we all want our highways maintained, don't we? And if villages like Coal Grove, Hanging Rock, Piketon, and South Bloomfield [to name a few] choose to target passer-by drivers to raise revenue rather than tax their residents, there's a simple solution - believe and OBEY the posted speed limit [however stupid and unreasonable it is] on that stretch of highway and they'll never get a dime from you!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I came through here the other evening and the person that was with me was like, 'why are you driving so slow?!' thank goodness I had read about this trap on line here at SEOP or I might have been paying the piper!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The speed trap at Hanging Rock has been there for many years and people still choose to break the law. The speed limit should be followed.

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

HEY BUTCHERMAN I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAD 34 IN COURT???????

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Orange barrels or no orange barrels, the signs say 45...........and the sign says fines doubled in the 45mph zone.........and the Judge doesn't really care if workers arent present or machinery isn't present.........45mph folks till the signs come down

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

groveman1 wrote:WELL ALL I HAVE TO SAY BLINDWHITEHAT IS I SEE HOW YOU GOT YOUR NAME BLIND......IT IS CLEARLY POSTED *****45 MPH*****
IF YOU WOULD LIKE MAYBE THEY CAN HAVE SOMEONE THROW A YELLOW FLAG AND SEND YOU BACK 15 MILES INSTEAD OF A TICKET :lol: ....

AND IF YOU HAD ALREADY SEEN THE OTHERS GETTING TICKETS I WOULD THINK A LITTLE MORE THE NEXT TIME..... SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED FROM THE OTHERS, SO I THINK THAT WAS YOUR WARNING....NO EXCUSE... :lol:

Okay to battle you point, you can do 55 in all of the other parts of the work zone, Hanging Rock, Ironton but yet in the Coal Grove section you get ticketed, must need the money to pay for all the food they buy at the police station annex(aka) the Corner Diner

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

2trap_4ever wrote:
groveman1 wrote:WELL ALL I HAVE TO SAY BLINDWHITEHAT IS I SEE HOW YOU GOT YOUR NAME BLIND......IT IS CLEARLY POSTED *****45 MPH*****

Okay to battle you point, you can do 55 in all of the other parts of the work zone, Hanging Rock, Ironton but yet in the Coal Grove section you get ticketed, must need the money to pay for all the food they buy at the police station annex(aka) the Corner Diner

IF IT IS MARKED 45 IT IS 45 NOT 55 AS LONG AS YOU DONT GET A TICKET...I AM SURE THEY APPRECIATE THE BUSINESS

Return to “The Off season”