Looking for New Bank after PNC/National City fiasco.

General Chat
my2cents
S

Looking for New Bank after PNC/National City fiasco.

Post by my2cents »

Has anyone else had trouble with their new PNC banking since they took over for National City Bank. I have found out the hard way that they do business different than National City Bank. Their online banking is very hard to use and you can't access your business and personal accounts at the same time. It took them 2 weeks just to get me into my business account. Their rules on the overdraft protection has changed but they don't tell you upfront. It is now an open line of credit at 24.99% (that's mighty friendly of them). I am closing out my accounts and looking to move to a more online friendly bank. I think I pay about $25 to $30 month in fees there as is, so any suggestions on to who has the best checking accounts with easy online banking and low fees?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Looking for New Bank after PNC/National City fiasco.

Post by Dundas »

Wesbanco is pretty easy to use online and the local bank employees are very friendly. Plus there are a ton of Wesbanco banks around SEO..One in pretty much every big town around...Chilli, Lancaster, McArthur, Wellston, Jackson...and so on.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I know a few people that has changed

12pack
Riding the Bench

Post by 12pack »

We switched to BB&T, business and all. LOVE them! They even have an iPhone app. The only downside is no branch ATM in Ohio yet, but you get so many free ATM uses. Very unhappy with National City / PNC. Also, the Ironton office has different office hours, closed half days and then you have to drive to Coal Grove. Also, Ashland branch would NOT let me make a deposit because I was an OHIO customer. Hmmmm "National" City?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I stopped in at my local PNC branch and talked to the girls who have been there for years and they are not happy either. They said PNC is a giant step backwards in technology from National City. I got a few things straightened out with PNC and may stick with them Mainly because I have 10 or more bills set up, automatic check deposit and three different internet accounts that pay into my account. It would be a lot of work to change all of that, but I have let them know thru corporate email that I and many others aren't happy.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

I haven't had any trouble with the online banking at US Bank. updates as soon as you deposit or spend money, online bill pay works great, and they have checking account advance if your in a pinch
(one time $2 finance charge for every $20 you borrow, up to a month to pay it back).

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

my2cents wrote:Has anyone else had trouble with their new PNC banking since they took over for National City Bank. I have found out the hard way that they do business different than National City Bank. Their online banking is very hard to use and you can't access your business and personal accounts at the same time. It took them 2 weeks just to get me into my business account. Their rules on the overdraft protection has changed but they don't tell you upfront. It is now an open line of credit at 24.99% (that's mighty friendly of them). I am closing out my accounts and looking to move to a more online friendly bank. I think I pay about $25 to $30 month in fees there as is, so any suggestions on to who has the best checking accounts with easy online banking and low fees?

Same day this was posted, there was an extensive report on Channel 5 from Cincy about PNC problems in that area. Many people are still recovering and must prove loss to get their money back.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/22869960/detail.html

Return to “The Off season”