Blu-Ray Burners - Who's Got One?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Blu-Ray Burners - Who's Got One?

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm pretty excited as mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow and hopefully, in a few minutes afterwards I can start burning Blu-ray disc. I have an HD camera and the quality, for as inexpensive as it was, it stunning if you put it in as a HD Windows Media file and play it with a flash drive on the tv. I can't wait to put some movies of my great nieces and nephews on Blu Ray ...oh..and Turk, Oz n' Biggdowg and watch 'em.

Anyone else made the plunge and put a burner on their PC?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Blu-Ray Burners - Who's Got One?

Post by kantuckyII »

I love being able to watching the UPS tracking numbers - it's like watching Santa Claus run his route ;-)

Tracking Detail Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/21/2010.

HARRISBURG, PA, US 07/20/2010 10:52 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
07/20/2010 6:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
MASPETH, NY, US 07/20/2010 12:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
MASPETH, NY, US 07/19/2010 10:45 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 07/19/2010 1:50 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

My 'heroes in brown' are right at it..God bless them! Toy bringers!

Date Local Time
LEXINGTON, KY, US 07/20/2010 9:22 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Will, I be the only one with a Blu-ray Burner here?

I'm lovin' it! Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/21/2010.
ASHLAND, KY, US 07/21/2010 6:51 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
07/21/2010 6:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LEXINGTON, KY, US 07/21/2010 4:02 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
LEXINGTON, KY, US 07/20/2010 9:22 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Please list five things you can do with that piece of equipment that don't involve breaking federal copyright laws.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Uh..

1. play my photo slide shows on Blu-ray on my HD television in HD

2. ..play my video from my HD video camera, in HD

3. ...use the Blu-Ray disc as a source to back up my hard drive (25 to 50 GB's, u can buy quality 25 GB's for a couple bucks now)

4. ...copy many of my photos which are now on DVD's and CD's onto a Blu-ray disc that will replace dozens of them, clearing up a lot of storage space (25 to 50 GB's instead of 750 mb or 4.7 GB disc) I now have hundreds of photo CD's and DVD's and to be honest, I'd deleted many I would maybe have kept if it wasn't for the storage

5....scan and copy all my old photos onto a Blu-ray disc where I can store at someone else's home..in case there's a fire or something at my house, I won't lose them (25 to 50 GB's instead of 750 mb or 4.7 GB disc) Yeah, I could do that with other disc but many people would rather you just bring them a couple of disc and not a hundred

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Went out to eat, picked up my boat from the shop, installed the burner and I'm half way through burning my first BD disc! yeah! only could find a BD-RE where I stopped at..they're..ouch...20 bucks a piece but...you can use them over and over again.

Installation went very smooth, even using Windows XP!

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

For discs, check out supermediastore.com....their rating on seller surveys is almost as good as B&H.....

I used to use a lot of Sony minidv tapes and their prices were the best. And usually free shipping when the order exceeds $ 25.00.

But most of my cd/dvd purchases were at Officemax when they had their sales and using coupons.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hey, thanks for the 'head's up' on the media store link! I appreciate that.

Last week, our church had VBS and I photographed and done video on it. Saturday, I put together a 14 minute video/slide show presentation and it was shown to the church during Sunday morning service. It looked pretty good on DVD but I'm redoing it now to put on Blue Ray. I looked at just a few photos yesterday on my TV and there was a HUGE difference..

...now, as far as video? well, I'm kinda still a rookie in that area but I found out real quick that...I cannot pan quickly with my camera and then put it up at 1080. I don't know if it's the camera or the video but it looks bad. Also, any jiggling with the camera that I could get by with on DVD is magnified (greatly) on Blu-Ray

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

You can't pan very quickly ......... even with vga.

Best video is with a good tripod. If you don't have a good set of sticks, I'd recommend a steady stick.

http://www.tiffen.com/SteadyStick.htm

I have one (Not the pro model) if you would like to try one. Pretty precise construction and no plastic except for the belt attachment.

I dont' do HD....... so forget BR.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I mostly shoot small children so...the tripod is tough but I agree, nothing like them. I've just got one of the little dinky small video cams. It's great for what it cost I reckon, the resolution is pretty stunning..however, you can't chose your aperture or anything like that..which is annoying.

I have a 'slush fund' I've been adding to for the last year, whenever I have a few dollars, I pack it away into it. When the time comes, I'll either buy another still camera or move on up to a more serious video camera. I enjoy them both...or..I might get one of the still/video cams that they are making. I've not been that impressed with Nikon's offerings yet though and that is what I'm invested in so I have to stick with it but perhaps in another year or so, it might be a different ballgame?

Those really make a big difference huh? I've heard others say that

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I mostly shoot small children

:shock: :shock: :shock:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:
many people would rather you just bring them a couple of disc and not a hundred

SOME people would be thrilled if you'd just bring their little T-rus back home before it gets worn out. :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:
many people would rather you just bring them a couple of disc and not a hundred

SOME people would be thrilled if you'd just bring their little T-rus back home before it gets worn out. :mrgreen:

I tell you what, I'm wanting to come to Wheelersburg next week to look at something and if you tell me where, I'll meet up with you?

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:I tell you what, I'm wanting to come to Wheelersburg next week to look at something and if you tell me where, I'll meet up with you?

LOL.... No problem. I was just pulling your leg a little (again :mrgreen: ). We'll see each other again soon I'm sure, and if not we'll meet at the ball game. :-D

Return to “The Off season”