Michael Moore's Most Bizarre Statement EVER! Ground Zero

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Michael Moore's Most Bizarre Statement EVER! Ground Zero

Post by kantuckyII »

Michael Moore: Build Mosque ON Ground Zero
Some think of September 11 as a date for solemn remembrance. Others see it as another occasion for idiocy. Take Michael Moore's 9/11 message:

I am opposed to the building of the "mosque" two blocks from Ground Zero. I want it built on Ground Zero.

He says it's because Islam was "stolen" from the real Muslims at the Twin Towers, and it should be given back on the same spot. But he's not finished:

There is a McDonald's two blocks from Ground Zero. Trust me, McDonald's has killed far more people than the terrorists.
Rest of article:

And the terrorists remind Moore of the Catholics on the Supreme Court:

Let's face it, all religions have their whackos. Catholics have O'Reilly, Gingrich, Hannity and Clarence Thomas (in fact all five conservatives who dominate the Supreme Court are Catholic). Protestants have Pat Robertson and too many to list here. The Mormons have Glenn Beck. Jews have Crazy Eddie. But we don't judge whole religions on just the actions of their whackos. Unless they're Methodists.

Moore actually finished by suggesting the wisest thing to do on 9/11 is donate to the Ground Zero Mosque. He's offering to match the first $10,000:

Friends, we all have a responsibility NOW to make sure that Muslim community center gets built. Once again, 70% of the country (the same number that initially supported the Iraq War) is on the wrong side and want the "mosque" moved. Enormous pressure has been put on the Imam to stop his project. We have to turn this thing around. Are we going to let the bullies and thugs win another one? Aren't you fed up by now? When would be a good time to take our country back from the haters?

I say right now. Let's each of us make a statement by donating to the building of this community center! It's a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization and you can donate a dollar or ten dollars (or more) right now through a secure pay pal account by clicking here. I will personally match the first $10,000 raised (forward your PayPal receipt to webguy@michaelmoore.com). If each one of you reading this blog/email donated just a couple of dollars, that would give the center over $6 million, more than what Donald Trump has offered to buy the Imam out. C'mon everyone, let's pitch in and help those who are being debased for simply wanting to do something good. We could all make a huge statement of love on this solemn day.

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Michael Moore's Most Bizarre Statement EVER! Ground Zero

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Sadly...I will get bashed for this...BUT

Michael Moore has a point in what he is saying. Constitutionally, his point is valid.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Y is it sad?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Sadly...I will get bashed for this...BUT

Michael Moore has a point in what he is saying. Constitutionally, his point is valid.
The constitution doesn't apply to foreign non-christians. This is america, love it or leave it by God!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ironmen1987 wrote:Why even acknowledge what that wacko has to say? He lost all his marbles years ago....

You shouldn't talk about ole Kantucky like that. :mrgreen:

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
ironmen1987 wrote:Why even acknowledge what that wacko has to say? He lost all his marbles years ago....

You shouldn't talk about ole Kantucky like that. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fightingtigers45
S

kantuckyII wrote:Y is it sad?
It is sad because I am able to read and interpret the Constitution.

fightingtigers45
S

rockyraccoon wrote:

The constitution doesn't apply to foreign non-christians. This is america, love it or leave it by God!

I truly hope that was an attempt at sarcasm.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

exactly! Everyone is all for the constitution until it goes against how they believe or what they want happen. I'm not a Michel Moore fan. Infact I thibnk he is an idiot but the FACT is they can biuld that thing where ever they want end of discussion. I am so sick of people twisting and turning everything said by both sides just so they can be right. Republican news (Fox) try's to make everyone who is okay with it being biult into terrorists. CNN try's to turn everyone who's against it into a republican.........At what point are we going to stop letting the media run our country?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Orange and Brown wrote:

exactly! Everyone is all for the constitution until it goes against how they believe or what they want happen. I'm not a Michel Moore fan. Infact I thibnk he is an idiot but the FACT is they can biuld that thing where ever they want end of discussion. I am so sick of people twisting and turning everything said by both sides just so they can be right. Republican news (Fox) try's to make everyone who is okay with it being biult into terrorists. CNN try's to turn everyone who's against it into a republican.........At what point are we going to stop letting the media run our country?

When everyone else, like me, turns the channel.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

From what I have read that "Hallowed Ground" where the Mosque would be built now houses a Nude Strip Bar and a betting parlor. So is it about "hallowed ground" or hatred of non-christians. (espcially those who are of the same religion as the 9/11 hijackers). Donald Trump offered 10 million dollars for the site, but they are asking 25 million. Why don't 25 million Americans all send it a buck each and you can turn it into a trailer park to represent "Redneck Nation". Just a thought.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

People...best to be ready your soul, the King is Coming and I can almost hear the chariots rumble!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FIDO wrote:The guy is an idiot and a nutcase! NUFF SAID!

I can't believe you guys are talking about Kantucky that way. :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Kantucky wouldn't have left out 'their creator' so he's a step ahead of someone else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR61uTGT ... r_embedded

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

He paraphrased it, he also didn't say "and among these are". I think the the phrase "By their Creator" means each individuals idea of who their creator is, not just who you think your creator is.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

rockyraccoon wrote:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, .

why does everybody always overlook the fact that although it says "all men are created equal", it doesn't say that you are guaranteed to be equal your entire life.
if all men are equal, why did Ironton beat the stuffings out of Ashland last Friday night? why does Donald Trump own several multi-million dollar buildings while others have trouble making a $400 house payment each month?

i take "CREATED equal" to mean EXACTLY what it says... nothing more.

"Life is what you make it..... always has been..... always will be".

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I thnk the point of the original statement was alluding to the fact that no matter who your think your creator is, you don't have a higher standing than those who believe otherwise. Everyone tries to read to much into this statement. It is trying to say that one belief system, or race, does not hold power over another.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

i don't think you addressed MY point, rocky.

even though men may be CREATED "equal", you would be hard pressed to find two 50 year old men that are still EXACTLY equal in every way.... IQ, wealth, health, etc, etc.

like was said, Life is what you make it.... alweays has been... always will be.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If...if you leave out, 'by their creator' it's the biggest lie on the planet because..it's obvious, aside from being beheld in the eyes of God, all men aren't created equal. It's silly to say that they are. Everyone might have a differing opinion of why he left out 'The Creator' in his speech but I think he simply wanted to not give any glory to God and I've always firmly suspected that he is an atheist

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

rockyraccoon wrote:I thnk the point of the original statement was alluding to the fact that no matter who your think your creator is, you don't have a higher standing than those who believe otherwise. Everyone tries to read to much into this statement. It is trying to say that one belief system, or race, does not hold power over another.

You have proven the very problem by your post.
Not only does the the moslem faith feel that they are superior, they will kill and maim to make sure it is superior. When a faith threatens the lifes and security of other faiths, in this nation, then that faith should cease to be allowed.

Return to “The Off season”