SNOW!

General Chat
Focused
SEOPS

SNOW!

Post by Focused »

Snow: Thought some of you might enjoy this.. Actually I love the snow... Focused

December 8: 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season: we made hot chocolate and sat for hours by the window, watching the huge soft flakes drift down. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print: so romantic, we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9: Woke to a blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the 1st time in years & felt like a boy again. Did both the driveway and sidewalks. Later, the snowplow came along & I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12: Sun melted all the lovely snow but good neighbour said we'd have a white Christmas. Then commented that by the end of Winter, I'd never want to see snow again. What is he nuts?

December 14: Snow, Lovely snow! 8" last night and cold, too. Wind took my breath away but warmed up shoveling. This is the life! Later the snowplow came back, again, but I'm getting in better shape. Just wish I didn't huff & puff so much.

December 15: 20 inches forecast. Sold the van and bought a 4x4; snow tires for the wife's car & 2 extra. Shoveled, then stocked the freezer. Wife wants a wood stove in case power goes off. I think that's silly - we aren't in Alaska...

December 16: Ice storm this morning. Landed on my butt trying to salt the driveway. Hurt real bad. Wife laughed for an hour. (I think that was very cruel.)

December 17: Too cold and icy to go anywhere. Power was off for 5 hours. Piled on blankets to stay warm with nothing to do but stare at the wife & try not to upset her. Can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room. (Won't admit that I should have bought wood stove: hate it when she's right.)

December 20: Power's back on and had another 14" of the stuff. Shoveled all day. Snowplow came by twice. Kids too busy playing hockey to help. Hardware store sold out. Next shipment of snow blowers due in March. Neighbor says I have to shovel or city will have it done and bill me. (Think he's lying...)

December 22: White Christmas!!! 13" more of the white stuff & its so cold, it won't melt 'til August. Tried to shovel - just too tired. Tried to get help from neighbor who has snow plow on his truck but he said he was too busy. (Sure he's lying.)

December 23: Only 2" of snow today and had warmed up to 0. Wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? Says she did. (Think she's lying.)

December 24: 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. I'm gonna get that snow plow driver. (I know he waits around the corner to see if I'm finished, then roars by at a 100, sending snow flying all over.) Wife wanted me to sing carols with her & open our presents, but I was busy watching for the darn snow plow.

December 25: Merry Christmas. Another 20" of the slop. Snowed in again & the idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. I hate snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation. I wanted to hit him over the head with my shovel. Wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's an idiot and if I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one more time, I'll throw her in the snowbank.

December 26: Still snowed in.

December 27: Temperature dropped another 30 degrees and the pipes froze.

December 28: Warmed up to -25. Still snowed in and the wife is making me crazy!!!!!!

December 29: Another 10" & neighbor says I have to shovel the roof before it caves in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30: Roof caved in. Another 9" in forecast.

December 31: Set fire to what's left of the house: no more shoveling.

January 8: I feel sooooo good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SNOW!

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Focused wrote:Snow: Thought some of you might enjoy this.. Actually I love the snow... Focused

December 8: 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season: we made hot chocolate and sat for hours by the window, watching the huge soft flakes drift down. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print: so romantic, we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9: Woke to a blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the 1st time in years & felt like a boy again. Did both the driveway and sidewalks. Later, the snowplow came along & I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12: Sun melted all the lovely snow but good neighbour said we'd have a white Christmas. Then commented that by the end of Winter, I'd never want to see snow again. What is he nuts?

December 14: Snow, Lovely snow! 8" last night and cold, too. Wind took my breath away but warmed up shoveling. This is the life! Later the snowplow came back, again, but I'm getting in better shape. Just wish I didn't huff & puff so much.

December 15: 20 inches forecast. Sold the van and bought a 4x4; snow tires for the wife's car & 2 extra. Shoveled, then stocked the freezer. Wife wants a wood stove in case power goes off. I think that's silly - we aren't in Alaska...

December 16: Ice storm this morning. Landed on my butt trying to salt the driveway. Hurt real bad. Wife laughed for an hour. (I think that was very cruel.)

December 17: Too cold and icy to go anywhere. Power was off for 5 hours. Piled on blankets to stay warm with nothing to do but stare at the wife & try not to upset her. Can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room. (Won't admit that I should have bought wood stove: hate it when she's right.)

December 20: Power's back on and had another 14" of the stuff. Shoveled all day. Snowplow came by twice. Kids too busy playing hockey to help. Hardware store sold out. Next shipment of snow blowers due in March. Neighbor says I have to shovel or city will have it done and bill me. (Think he's lying...)

December 22: White Christmas!!! 13" more of the white stuff & its so cold, it won't melt 'til August. Tried to shovel - just too tired. Tried to get help from neighbor who has snow plow on his truck but he said he was too busy. (Sure he's lying.)

December 23: Only 2" of snow today and had warmed up to 0. Wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? Says she did. (Think she's lying.)

December 24: 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. I'm gonna get that snow plow driver. (I know he waits around the corner to see if I'm finished, then roars by at a 100, sending snow flying all over.) Wife wanted me to sing carols with her & open our presents, but I was busy watching for the darn snow plow.

December 25: Merry Christmas. Another 20" of the slop. Snowed in again & the idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. I hate snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation. I wanted to hit him over the head with my shovel. Wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's an idiot and if I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one more time, I'll throw her in the snowbank.

December 26: Still snowed in.

December 27: Temperature dropped another 30 degrees and the pipes froze.

December 28: Warmed up to -25. Still snowed in and the wife is making me crazy!!!!!!

December 29: Another 10" & neighbor says I have to shovel the roof before it caves in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30: Roof caved in. Another 9" in forecast.

December 31: Set fire to what's left of the house: no more shoveling.

January 8: I feel sooooo good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

I used to like snow but now I am not sure........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Just read Chris Bailey's latest blog update. He things the worst of winter is yet to come.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

More snow on the way

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

about 6 inches here

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Watched my neighbor trying to leave for work. First her car doors were frozen shut. Then her wipers were frozen. Her granddaughter had to shovel behind her car where the snow plow had piled up the snow from the street. Then she slipped and slid down the street. Hope she made it to work.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

We bought a snow blower before winter hit....had them on sale. What a priceless acquisition!! Driveway was cleared without sweat in 10 minutes...would've taken 3 hours and a pound of flesh last year! :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

it is snowing right now

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Here it goes again. Please hurry up , SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Like I always say. In the winter, you can always put on more clothes. In the summer, you can only take off so much. :lol: Thanks for reminding us of our complaints, FIDO.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

FIDO wrote:I bet a little snow would feel pretty good about right now, eh!!!!
In one word, NEVER!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I'll stick with the heat

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

not ready for that yet

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I don't mind the snow... during winter.
I'll take the heat in summer. Suppose to be that way.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

If it wasn't for it getting cold enough to frost my crops, a day or two of snow would not hurt my feelings a bit

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I like the snow but not the cold lol it's to hot for me right now i'll take Fall weather maybe early October

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

We have what looks to be a little over 3 inches here in Buckeye Lake.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we had maybe 2 inches on the ground. I cleaned the cars off this morning, maybe close to 4 inches on the cars. still snowing here at times. Saturday at 4pm.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “The Off season”