RIP GAHS Forever

Post Reply
hardfowl
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:14 am

RIP GAHS Forever

Post by hardfowl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Sad news. Steve passed away this evening.



Raiderball
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 6445
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 am

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by Raiderball » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Thoughts and prayers.
Enjoyed talking and reminiscing at the RV/GA games over the years.

MTSWNGRVSG
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:43 pm

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by MTSWNGRVSG » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Will see you again in heaven brother.

chicken_coop
All State
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:51 pm

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by chicken_coop » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

prayers for him and his family.

Vladd
Freshman Starter
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by Vladd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:26 am

So sad to hear this. Prayers to his family.

OZZIEOHIO
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 8305
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:21 pm

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by OZZIEOHIO » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 am

Sad to hear he was a good friend.

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 4906
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by mattash » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Miss him

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Posts: 3185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Met him once myself good guy. Hope his grandson still has that ball card collection i sold him
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20921
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 am

he was a very, very dear friend of mine. we spent a lot of time together. I'd go to his house, he'd come to mine. I knew his whole family well. we ate many a fine dinner together. and he was a regular at our seop lunches we had. we'd always meet n go together. but something pretty tragic happened to our relationship in the end. and I was too upset with him and his family at the time to attend his funeral. but I made peace with god about that at the altar, and forgave his family years ago. and I don't hold him accountable at all. we were very tight. and he'll always be my brother. -------------------------------- so I was completely surprised to see this topic come up some 9 years later from when this happened. ---------------- but I thank God it did, and I can finally say I miss you very much brother. and I appreciate all our time together and what you meant to seops.YTB.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Posts: 3185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 am
he was a very, very dear friend of mine. we spent a lot of time together. I'd go to his house, he'd come to mine. I knew his whole family well. we ate many a fine dinner together. and he was a regular at our seop lunches we had. we'd always meet n go together. but something pretty tragic happened to our relationship in the end. and I was too upset with him and his family at the time to attend his funeral. but I made peace with god about that at the altar, and forgave his family years ago. and I don't hold him accountable at all. we were very tight. and he'll always be my brother. -------------------------------- so I was completely surprised to see this topic come up some 9 years later from when this happened. ---------------- but I thank God it did, and I can finally say I miss you very much brother. and I appreciate all our time together and what you meant to seops.YTB.
Friends have fall outs brother not sure of the story but glad peace was made.

I never got to make it to a seop lunch. back when i was known as wellstonrockets
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20921
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 pm

I know who you was. I'd love to meetcha sometime.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20921
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I went flying with gahs maybe two times. I know we did once, but it might have been twice. we flew out of a small airport I think in Jackson. this blue n white 2 seater. I was like 60 pounds heavier then and weighed 350. gahs was a plump one as well at maybe 250/260 he told me one time.anyhoo we climbed into this lil 2 seater that was about the size of a Carmen ghia size wise. we was sqweezed in there like trying to put 2 marshmellers in a parking meter slot. hit was pandaleeria. we giggled like a couple school girls. my shoulders are so wide I had to sit sideways to get the door shut. if you ever been in a jeep with a ragtop and those doors with the vinyl windows. that is how the door latched. he turned us sideways and my door come open some. I thought I laid the golden egg, I was screaming over the headset and he was laughing his arse off. finally I got the door shut and slammed a big ole elbow on it to latch that baby tight. we went all over southern ohio as far as Columbus, landed 4/5 times. and his landings in something about the size of my gator left alil bit to the imagination. I prayed a lot and it was an awesome time actually. some good times back then, I think we done it twice but I just can't remember.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Posts: 3185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm
I went flying with gahs maybe two times. I know we did once, but it might have been twice. we flew out of a small airport I think in Jackson. this blue n white 2 seater. I was like 60 pounds heavier then and weighed 350. gahs was a plump one as well at maybe 250/260 he told me one time.anyhoo we climbed into this lil 2 seater that was about the size of a Carmen ghia size wise. we was sqweezed in there like trying to put 2 marshmellers in a parking meter slot. hit was pandaleeria. we giggled like a couple school girls. my shoulders are so wide I had to sit sideways to get the door shut. if you ever been in a jeep with a ragtop and those doors with the vinyl windows. that is how the door latched. he turned us sideways and my door come open some. I thought I laid the golden egg, I was screaming over the headset and he was laughing his arse off. finally I got the door shut and slammed a big ole elbow on it to latch that baby tight. we went all over southern ohio as far as Columbus, landed 4/5 times. and his landings in something about the size of my gator left alil bit to the imagination. I prayed a lot and it was an awesome time actually. some good times back then, I think we done it twice but I just can't remember.
That woulda been a funny thing to see right there. I woulda layed an egg boiled or scrambled 1 tell ya that
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20921
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:58 pm

it were a lil bit nerve wrackin, i'll say that.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

BubbleGum Tiger
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2082
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 am

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by BubbleGum Tiger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 pm

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 am
he was a very, very dear friend of mine. we spent a lot of time together. I'd go to his house, he'd come to mine. I knew his whole family well. we ate many a fine dinner together. and he was a regular at our seop lunches we had. we'd always meet n go together. but something pretty tragic happened to our relationship in the end. and I was too upset with him and his family at the time to attend his funeral. but I made peace with god about that at the altar, and forgave his family years ago. and I don't hold him accountable at all. we were very tight. and he'll always be my brother. -------------------------------- so I was completely surprised to see this topic come up some 9 years later from when this happened. ---------------- but I thank God it did, and I can finally say I miss you very much brother. and I appreciate all our time together and what you meant to seops.YTB.
Friends have fall outs brother not sure of the story but glad peace was made.

I never got to make it to a seop lunch. back when i was known as wellstonrockets
You missed the golden opportunity of your life to meet the one and only Chairman of the "Old Broken Down Tiger Fans"........the honorable "TIGER TOWN TURKEY"....... :) :)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Posts: 3185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:08 pm

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:03 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 am
he was a very, very dear friend of mine. we spent a lot of time together. I'd go to his house, he'd come to mine. I knew his whole family well. we ate many a fine dinner together. and he was a regular at our seop lunches we had. we'd always meet n go together. but something pretty tragic happened to our relationship in the end. and I was too upset with him and his family at the time to attend his funeral. but I made peace with god about that at the altar, and forgave his family years ago. and I don't hold him accountable at all. we were very tight. and he'll always be my brother. -------------------------------- so I was completely surprised to see this topic come up some 9 years later from when this happened. ---------------- but I thank God it did, and I can finally say I miss you very much brother. and I appreciate all our time together and what you meant to seops.YTB.
Friends have fall outs brother not sure of the story but glad peace was made.

I never got to make it to a seop lunch. back when i was known as wellstonrockets
You missed the golden opportunity of your life to meet the one and only Chairman of the "Old Broken Down Tiger Fans"........the honorable "TIGER TOWN TURKEY"....... :) :)
I missed alot of them i recon mr.bait if ya read this or mattash what ever happen to a lady named grma1 or something along them lines from jackson
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

BubbleGum Tiger
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2082
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 am

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by BubbleGum Tiger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:47 pm

She is alive and still kickin........

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State
Posts: 3185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:21 pm
Location: the W
Contact:

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:42 pm

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:47 pm
She is alive and still kickin........
Good to hear! ty
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

gametime
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:51 am
Location: Pedro Ohio

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by gametime » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:42 am

🙏🙏
You can't handle the truth

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20921
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: RIP GAHS Forever

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 am

gma1 is a fantastic lady. actually the 1st time me and gahs4ever met her at her husband's funeral and became fast friends. we too have visited each others home. and I've met about all of her family. wonderful people. she may be on here under another name. but I chat with her on facebook from time to time.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Post Reply