PissChrist - Art Display - Hypocrisy

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

PissChrist - Art Display - Hypocrisy

Post by kantuckyII »

This is just ludicrous! ART? Seriously? I have not seen the movie that was used as an excuse to attack our embassy in Libya but at least, loosely, it was based on the historical account of the life of Mohammad from what I understand. This is just being offensive to be offensive and then it's accepted as art? The White House refused to comment on this? Yet, they sought to have that film removed and have repeatedly denounced the film but give this a 'free ride'? hmmmmmmmm
Catholic Leader Banned from NYC ‘Piss Christ’ Exhibit

The leader of a prominent religious advocacy group was banned from entering a New York City art gallery hosting a public display of the anti-Christian art exhibit called ‘Piss Christ.’

The exhibit opened last night at the Edward Tyler Nahem gallery. It featured the work of artist Andres Serrano. The artwork features a “photograph of the crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine.”

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, held a press conference outside the gallery and afterwards attempted to enter the building. He wrote in an online statement that two men said that he would not be allowed inside.

“At that point I turned to the crowd behind me explaining that my First Amendment rights were being censored by the same people who were proudly displaying Serrano’s crucifix in a jar of urine,” he wrote.

The entire incident was captured on video, he said.

“No one else was barred from entering the gallery,” he noted. “Just me.”

The art gallery has not returned calls seeking comment.

Meanwhile, religious groups are blasting President Obama for what they call a double standard. The president did not condemn the anti-Christian display, but he did condemn an anti-Muslim film. The anti-Muslim film also brought strong rebukes, condemnations and apologies from President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a host of administration

The administration tried to have the film removed from YouTube – but Google rebuffed their request. The State Dept. spent $70,000 on a Pakistani television advertisement rebuking the film. And the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff personally telephoned a Christian minister in Florida to ask him to withdraw his support of the film.

Rep. Michael Grimm (R, C-NY) wants to know why President Obama still hasn’t denounced the exhibit and said he’s fed up with what he called the administration’s “religious hypocrisy.”

“The Obama administration’s hypocrisy and utter lack of respect for the religious beliefs of Americans has reached an all-time high,” Grimm told Fox News. “I call on President Obama to stand up for America’s values and beliefs and denounce the ‘Piss Christ’ that has offended Christians at home and abroad.”

So will the Obama Administration condemn the anti-Christian art display? Will they air a television ad denouncing the exhibit? Will the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ask the gallery to cancel the exhibit?

The White House refused to comment.

Grimm said the lack of response from the White House is unacceptable.

“Perhaps they’ve forgotten the controversy that surrounds this deplorable piece depicting a crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine,” Grimm said. “It outraged Christians in American and throughout the world.”

Grimm, who is Catholic, said he found the artwork to be vulgar and offensive, “just as many in the Islamic world found ‘Innocence of Muslims’ to be highly offensive.”

“Like most Americans, I condemn both yet remain tolerant as the First Amendment demands,” he said. “Unfortunately, this administration has yet to echo these views in regards to the religiously offensive ‘art’ here at home.”

Donohue said the Obama administration seems to have a double standard when it comes to incidents that might offend the Christian community.

“It seems like we have a protected class for Muslims as well as some other segments of our population,” he told Fox News. “But when it comes to Christians, it’s an all-out war.”

Todd Starnes is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America — endorsed by Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity. Click here to get your copy.

farmer
SEOP

Re: PissChrist - Art Display - Hypocrisy

Post by farmer »

Not everything that goes on has to involve the President making a statement. Atleast he did not have to make any statements because people here were enraged and out causing damage to property and killing people. The difference being where this is being done. Where the other could have blown up to being a lot worse.

This was done in not good taste no matter what else was in the jar. If this story would have been about the bad taste more than trying to bring politics into it.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Exactly...........Not everything is a political football.........This is not an event the President should weigh in on........It is a public issue unrelated to anything beginning to look like a political item............It was gross and insensitive............Do not want to see it, do ot go to the art museum..........I personally will not support it financially or ethically, but it is not a federal issue.......Cons are attempting to build straw men all over Gods creation, hoping something will stand........It is sad how the cons are wasting time talking about these issues..............They have no clue what is actually going on in this country......Put the piss jar down cons and help President Obama help us by fighting corporate america for more jobs......sheeple.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .......................... :12224

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

farmer wrote:Not everything that goes on has to involve the President making a statement. Atleast he did not have to make any statements because people here were enraged and out causing damage to property and killing people. The difference being where this is being done. Where the other could have blown up to being a lot worse.

This was done in not good taste no matter what else was in the jar. If this story would have been about the bad taste more than trying to bring politics into it.
Nice to see people tell it like it is............

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

farmer wrote:Not everything that goes on has to involve the President making a statement. Atleast he did not have to make any statements because people here were enraged and out causing damage to property and killing people. The difference being where this is being done. Where the other could have blown up to being a lot worse.

I just passed on the story - and then expressed mutual bewilderment why this president wouldn't say anything against this

Good taste? urinating on a statue that is supposed to be God on the cross? How could that ever be in good taste? I wonder if Turk would walk in St Joe and take a dump up front there? Bet we get a response on that one lol

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Do you ever actually post anything with a positive note to it??

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

IDIOTS KEEP FALLING FOR IT WHILE HE SITS BEHIND HIS DESK AND LAUGHS HIS ASS OFF AT YOU FOR FALLING TIME AFTER TIME :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa10 :aaaaa10 :aaaaa10 :aaaaa10

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantuckyII wrote:This is just ludicrous! ART? Seriously? I have not seen the movie that was used as an excuse to attack our embassy in Libya but at least, loosely, it was based on the historical account of the life of Mohammad from what I understand. This is just being offensive to be offensive and then it's accepted as art? The White House refused to comment on this? Yet, they sought to have that film removed and have repeatedly denounced the film but give this a 'free ride'? hmmmmmmmm
Catholic Leader Banned from NYC ‘Piss Christ’ Exhibit

The leader of a prominent religious advocacy group was banned from entering a New York City art gallery hosting a public display of the anti-Christian art exhibit called ‘Piss Christ.’

The exhibit opened last night at the Edward Tyler Nahem gallery. It featured the work of artist Andres Serrano. The artwork features a “photograph of the crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine.”

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, held a press conference outside the gallery and afterwards attempted to enter the building. He wrote in an online statement that two men said that he would not be allowed inside.

“At that point I turned to the crowd behind me explaining that my First Amendment rights were being censored by the same people who were proudly displaying Serrano’s crucifix in a jar of urine,” he wrote.

The entire incident was captured on video, he said.

“No one else was barred from entering the gallery,” he noted. “Just me.”

The art gallery has not returned calls seeking comment.

Meanwhile, religious groups are blasting President Obama for what they call a double standard. The president did not condemn the anti-Christian display, but he did condemn an anti-Muslim film. The anti-Muslim film also brought strong rebukes, condemnations and apologies from President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a host of administration

The administration tried to have the film removed from YouTube – but Google rebuffed their request. The State Dept. spent $70,000 on a Pakistani television advertisement rebuking the film. And the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff personally telephoned a Christian minister in Florida to ask him to withdraw his support of the film.

Rep. Michael Grimm (R, C-NY) wants to know why President Obama still hasn’t denounced the exhibit and said he’s fed up with what he called the administration’s “religious hypocrisy.”

“The Obama administration’s hypocrisy and utter lack of respect for the religious beliefs of Americans has reached an all-time high,” Grimm told Fox News. “I call on President Obama to stand up for America’s values and beliefs and denounce the ‘Piss Christ’ that has offended Christians at home and abroad.”

So will the Obama Administration condemn the anti-Christian art display? Will they air a television ad denouncing the exhibit? Will the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ask the gallery to cancel the exhibit?

The White House refused to comment.

Grimm said the lack of response from the White House is unacceptable.

“Perhaps they’ve forgotten the controversy that surrounds this deplorable piece depicting a crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine,” Grimm said. “It outraged Christians in American and throughout the world.”

Grimm, who is Catholic, said he found the artwork to be vulgar and offensive, “just as many in the Islamic world found ‘Innocence of Muslims’ to be highly offensive.”

“Like most Americans, I condemn both yet remain tolerant as the First Amendment demands,” he said. “Unfortunately, this administration has yet to echo these views in regards to the religiously offensive ‘art’ here at home.”

Donohue said the Obama administration seems to have a double standard when it comes to incidents that might offend the Christian community.

“It seems like we have a protected class for Muslims as well as some other segments of our population,” he told Fox News. “But when it comes to Christians, it’s an all-out war.”

Todd Starnes is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America — endorsed by Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity. Click here to get your copy.

Another dumb topic started by the "what can i do next"

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

kantuckyII wrote:

I just passed on the story - and then expressed mutual bewilderment why this president wouldn't say anything against this

Good taste? urinating on a statue that is supposed to be God on the cross? How could that ever be in good taste? I wonder if Turk would walk in St Joe and take a dump up front there? Bet we get a response on that one lol
I never said it was good taste. I said it was done in NOT GOOD TASTE no matter what else was in the jar.

Tuck you take something and twist it around for whatever reason. Then try to say something STUPID about someone walking in ST JOE CHURCH and taking a dump. You do not like one being done at a Museum but want to make up something at a CHURCH. No matter what religion you are You know that was wrong of you to say. Then you always say you are a true Christian. How do you explain Your statement being Christian like?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:

you cant be serious........I always thought u were nuts, now I know u are..........takes a lot of conads to make a statement like that.....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Tuck is the most twisted, hateful person I have ever encountered in my life.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

you cant be serious........I always thought u were nuts, now I know u are..........takes a lot of conads to make a statement like that.....
Sorry to have used you in such a manner Turk, I apologize. I needed you for the shock value - hope you didn't mind too badly

...of course but my point is..

.....this adminstration has given us 100 different stories about what happened in Libya but still wants to blame it on a movie - but...is unwilling to condemn this exhibit. They are trying their best to cover up for their lack of leadership...ignoring grave warnings and simply blaming it on a movie.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:

Nice to see people tell it like it is............
You can't be serious? I've always thought you were crazy but to have agreed with something like that took ....well, I can't even imagine what it took!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Tuck is the most twisted, hateful person I have ever encountered in my life.
Actually, I think you're far more hateful and when you consider how you never say anything about the nasty post that those who are on the other side...we gotta ask..who's the hypocrite here (no, it's not me lol)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Tuck is the most twisted, hateful person I have ever encountered in my life.
Actually, I think you're far more hateful and when you consider how you never say anything about the nasty post that those who are on the other side...we gotta ask..who's the hypocrite here (no, it's not me lol)

Keep telling yourself that right up to when they put you in that rubber room.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it not true. Seriously guy, you're full of hate. You don't see me coming on your post or anyone else's and attacking you guys on a personal level like you do. Then again, I always have solid proof for what I say...and that must get frustrating and in anger and frustration, you start swinging cause you know I'm right deep down

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it not true. Seriously guy, you're full of hate. You don't see me coming on your post or anyone else's and attacking you guys on a personal level like you do. Then again, I always have solid proof for what I say...and that must get frustrating and in anger and frustration, you start swinging cause you know I'm right deep down

And just because you do believe it doesn't make it either. As far as me being full of hate. There is only one thing I can honestly say I despise and that is you. You have absolutely no proof of anything you say and are proven wrong time and time again. All you do is spout scripture, talk about the "End Of Days", and spread your hatred for everything you don't agree with. The only thing that frustrates me is your ignorance and your inability to listen to reason. You think you are right on everything and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree with you.

I am done with you. This will be last post ever responding to one of your ignorant posts. I am blocking you so I never have to see your crap again.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

First bigpapa, you give tuck way too much credit.......The man is the most ignorant on here.......About everything he brings up.........You are right though, he is a parasite living off of others............This is not a Presidential issue....Never will be......... :12224

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

farmer wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

I never said it was good taste. I said it was done in NOT GOOD TASTE no matter what else was in the jar.

Tuck you take something and twist it around for whatever reason. Then try to say something STUPID about someone walking in ST JOE CHURCH and taking a dump. You do not like one being done at a Museum but want to make up something at a CHURCH. No matter what religion you are You know that was wrong of you to say. Then you always say you are a true Christian. How do you explain Your statement being Christian like?
Well Tuck you responded to others but not me to explain how was your statement being Christian like?

You said you are sorry to TTT because you wanted to prove a point. So you think you can say what you want then say your sorry. As long as you are trying to prove a point. Because saying something crude and downgrading is alright because you want to prove a point. So enjoy your day being a Part time Christian to fit your own needs while downgrading others.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, you can enjoy being 'part time outraged' it seemed to me that I needed to put it in another light so some could understand it. Really though, if you're going to support (and this isn't meant to be directed at Turk here) a man who supports abortion on demand, is that really any better than taking a dump in the church floor? (The dump is far better of a thing to do)

Return to “The Off season”