Hocking Hills

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Hocking Hills

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:46 pm I grew up with that family as we camped , fished and ran turtles lines at Lake Logan. The other 2 Gabriel brothers are also dead ( Mike, Chris). All 4 are dead. Dee and I played football together. Joel was talented and funny. I came home a few years ago for a home Logan football game (playoffs I think) and saw Joel one last time before he died. Was staying in a nursing home who brought him to the game. Still a clown to the very end.
I Knew Mike as well but don't think I ever met Chris. Sounds like you had good times with all of them. Real good/fun friends to be around. Hard to believe they are all passed. Sad.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:09 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm I heard years ago, that Ole JC was messing around at night down there, jumping in and stuff in the devil's tub, heard he got thrown right in the clink. :lol: :lol: He wasn't so lucky being messed up on something probably, Ranger busted him real quick. :lol: :lol: Probably got it for after hours in the park/intoxication/disorderly/and being/acting like the devil himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me DM and some other people about got thrown in the clink out there one night. We taking bottles of Boones Farm out on the trails at night and we heard someone yelling for us to come back, we knew it was a ranger so we took off running and he caught up to us in the parking lot while we were trying to sneak back out, he had us at gunpoint laying on the ground all spread out :lol:
:shock: :shock: Wow, Glad I wasn't there Bolt, but I can see the nervousness in your face through this board when that happened. What did he do, take your Boones farm and warn ya, and you was on your way, or what?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ran with Chris a few times and would chat with Mike off and on at the bars. One crazy family. The father was a laugh too. Heard three of them were in the same bird over seas. At one time they had a talent show put on in the old high school gym and the Gabriel were always fun to watch. Logan is just not the same without those boys.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Dee was a chopper pilot in Nam. The father, Joe, was an auto parts salesman who traveled. Their Mom, Bea, ran her own beauty shop out of their home. We would make up Chef Boy R Dee pizzas and party. They had at one time, a huge half Wolf half German Shepard dog, Rip, who had bad gas problems. You never heard it, but the smell would engulf and gag you with the stench. The guys had the finest collection of X rated magazines you ever saw, lol.

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 pm Ran with Chris a few times and would chat with Mike off and on at the bars. One crazy family. The father was a laugh too. Heard three of them were in the same bird over seas. At one time they had a talent show put on in the old high school gym and the Gabriel were always fun to watch. Logan is just not the same without those boys.
Nope, it's not the same Noreply, if ya was ever down in the dumps and any of the Gabriel's was around, you could count on a good laugh to bring ya right out of it. Sounds like you had good times as well with them guys. When I hung around Joel for to long, my stomach and ribs was sore the next day from laughing so hard. One of a kind fella's and truly are missed by many.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Joel was to be on The Johnny Carson show several times but they usually ran out of time. I think he did make it one time. Don't know if he every came over to sit with Johnny.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, that's it, Johnny Carson Show. I couldn't think of it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That guy is probably not the one you are talking about,but didn't Joel Gabriel used to be on the 610 radio talk show out of Columbus? Could have sworn I remember hearing that name on there a lot.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Yes, that was Joel. He was there for several years as I recall.

Have gun, will travel
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I looked it up paldi, he had a voice on there called "billy ray vulgar" :lol: :shock:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Forget what year it was but it was football Friday and we were playing Gallipolis that night and everyone was suppose to make a sign and wear it while in school. Chris made a big sign and put it on a stick .....the sign read EAT AT JOE'S. When he came down the hall that morning it was a real knee beater. When the East End boys get to gather it is always brought up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Another story on Chris. Him and a few other guys I ran with skipped school during their Jr year and decided to go to the caves. They stopped at that small store before you get there and went in and Chris' dad was in there eating lunch. Lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 am That guy is probably not the one you are talking about,but didn't Joel Gabriel used to be on the 610 radio talk show out of Columbus? Could have sworn I remember hearing that name on there a lot.
Nope, that's not him on JC. Yep, 610, he had a good talented radio voice as well.

Return to “The Off season”