CD'S anyone else still listen to them?

General Chat
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: CD'S anyone else still listen to them?

Post by noreply66 »

Just bought a Lynyrd Skynyrd set yesterday.

Gimme back my bullets

Millennium collection

Nuthin Fancy

Second Helping

Southern by the Grace of God-[Live]

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I buy them, I rip them, create Data Disc and out them on Cd's and listen to them. I then store away my CD's to a safe location till I'm ready to make another copy for MY personal usage.

For the last year I've ripped a lot of audio off of online YouTube concerts and make albums. Many of my old favorite bands give awesome live shows which are so different from the studio versions. You can't buy them because they don't offer them

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I personally hate seeing people buy music from like iTunes or something. It is the industry trying to get away from you being able to own your music for life.

Case in point, I had purchased Pr's Dark Side of the Moon on CD, cassette tape, LP and I'm thinking but I'm not for sure on eight track. And I might have purchased them on those medias at least twice. I bought a fresh copy three or four years ago, it was ripped put on CD and put on my telephone.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I do in my car.

Mostly listen to my ipod otherwise.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have my collection of CDs insured for 10 thousand dollars. When I moved in this house and went to get insurance they had one of their people come in and when they saw the collection they said I should add 5 thousand to my policy. They even took pictures of it. When I had them come back in about eight years ago they advised to put it up to 10 thousand. Come this September they will be back to look at it. Everything I buy as to be written down. Thank God for Computers-- lol

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

yes

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I still play them daily.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm I have my collection of CDs insured for 10 thousand dollars. When I moved in this house and went to get insurance they had one of their people come in and when they saw the collection they said I should add 5 thousand to my policy. They even took pictures of it. When I had them come back in about eight years ago they advised to put it up to 10 thousand. Come this September they will be back to look at it. Everything I buy as to be written down. Thank God for Computers-- lol
Noreply....I think you and I could make a mint! Like you, I had my vinyl, cassette, and CD collection insured for 10K. Used to have albums recorded on 6 inch reel to reels (an old TEAC reel). Guy kept throwing $$ at me til I sold the whole shebang to him for 2.5K.

The rest of my collection is catalogued. And yes, thank God for computers!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm I have my collection of CDs insured for 10 thousand dollars. When I moved in this house and went to get insurance they had one of their people come in and when they saw the collection they said I should add 5 thousand to my policy. They even took pictures of it. When I had them come back in about eight years ago they advised to put it up to 10 thousand. Come this September they will be back to look at it. Everything I buy as to be written down. Thank God for Computers-- lol
Noreply....I think you and I could make a mint! Like you, I had my vinyl, cassette, and CD collection insured for 10K. Used to have albums recorded on 6 inch reel to reels (an old TEAC reel). Guy kept throwing $$ at me til I sold the whole shebang to him for 2.5K.

I have enough reel to reel recorded to go to Cleveland and back from here in Logan. I stated doing it in the early 80s of everything I had and then continued up until you couldn't find the reels. Problem I have now is both of my machines stopped working. Don't know how much it is worth, but I have I small reel of the Beatles playing in Germany before they were heard of over here. It was recorded on a hand held mic. on one of those real small recorder that a lot of people bought in the late 60s. When I renewed my policy on everything my insurance man offered me 5000 cash, but with being about 75% done from what I have I wouldn't do it. He had to look at everything and take picture before he would insure it. The guy is retired now and the people that took it over are not into music much.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:42 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm

I have enough reel to reel recorded to go to Cleveland and back from here in Logan. I stated doing it in the early 80s of everything I had and then continued up until you couldn't find the reels. Problem I have now is both of my machines stopped working. Don't know how much it is worth, but I have I small reel of the Beatles playing in Germany before they were heard of over here. It was recorded on a hand held mic. on one of those real small recorder that a lot of people bought in the late 60s. When I renewed my policy on everything my insurance man offered me 5000 cash, but with being about 75% done from what I have I wouldn't do it. He had to look at everything and take picture before he would insure it. The guy is retired now and the people that took it over are not into music much.
Beatles in Germany? WOW!!! I have only heard of a handful of those recordings existing here in the US. I am NOT kidding. There are a few in Germany as well.

You might want to talk to some older DJs....maybe in Columbus or elsewhere. That could very well be worth some serious $$$. Maybe someone from a large auction house could appraise it for you. You know as well as I do....condition means everything.

Might be worth looking into.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have only played it a couple times and one was for the insurance man. I came across it in a strange way. My brother ran with the guy that had it and he was killed in a car crash and the guys wife said she wasn't much of a Beatle fan and wondered if he knew someone that would want it, so he took it and gave it to me.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm I have only played it a couple times and one was for the insurance man. I came across it in a strange way. My brother ran with the guy that had it and he was killed in a car crash and the guys wife said she wasn't much of a Beatle fan and wondered if he knew someone that would want it, so he took it and gave it to me.
Strange is an understatement. Still, get that reel appraised by someone in the know.

Return to “The Off season”