Mid Sized Businesses Becoming 'Pro-Active' In Anticipation..

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Mid Sized Businesses Becoming 'Pro-Active' In Anticipation..

Post by kantuckyII »

Obamacare Layoffs, Hiring Freezes Begin --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obamacare opponents warned that forcing companies employing 50 or more full-time workers to buy healthcare would prompt employers to slash jobs and worker hours. And that’s exactly what’s happening, says one of President Barack Obama’s favorite economists, Mark Zandi of Moody’s Analytics.

“It will have a negative impact on job creation” this year, says Mr. Zandi.

The Obamacare employer mandate doesn’t go into effect until January 1, 2014, but the government requires businesses to track worker schedules for three to 12 months in advance. That means many employers plan to get a jump start on avoiding Obamacare’s $2,000 per-worker fine by firing workers now, reducing employee hours, or replacing full-time employees with part-time workers.

A survey by the International Franchise Association finds that 31% of franchisees say they plan to cut staff to duck under Obamacare’s 50-employer mandate. And another study by Mercer consulting firm found that half of businesses who don’t presently offer health insurance plan to reduce employee hours to avert triggering Obamacare’s penalties.

As Breitbart News has reported, Pennsylvania Community College of Allegheny County has already slashed the hours of 400 adjunct instructors, support staff, and part-time teachers to sidestep the Obamacare fines. Doing so will save the already cash-strapped college an estimated $6 million.

Other Obamacare provisions, like the medical devise excise tax, have forced Stryker medical supply to cut 1,170 positions, despite the fact that the founder of the company’s grandson was among Mr. Obama’s biggest campaign donors. Other medical device makers like Boston Scientific, Dana Holding Corp., Welch Allyn, Medtronic, Kinetic Concepts, and Smith & Nephew have similarly forecast the needs to cut hundreds of jobs each as the result of Obamcare.

The day after Mr. Obama’s reelection, a Las Vegas employer fired 22 of his 114 employees citing Obamacare regulations as the culprit.

Christine Ippolito of Compass Workforce Solutions says companies just under the 50 employee threshold now plan to hold off on hiring to avoid triggering the $2,000-per worker penalty.

Ernie Canadeo, the president of EGC Group advertising agency, agrees. Mr. Canadeo says he had planned to hire 10 workers this year, but may wait so as not to cross the 50-worker mark.

The looming Obamacare layoffs and hiring freezes come as a Labor Department report announced today that the unemployment rate remains at 7.8% (revised up from the originally reported 7.7%). Presently, 22.6 million Americans are either unemployed, underemployed, or marginally attached to the work force.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Mid Sized Businesses Becoming 'Pro-Active' In Anticipati

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

and another one that needs to move up.......I am trying to figure out why nobody likes your threads ol buddy.......

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It's simple, there's a take over by dirty libs. Note how many other guys who are conservative don't even post here anymore. Even mods aren't coming here again. IT got better not too long ago when Kentucky Trojan was bootin' em right and left but someone let 'em back on again. Now, the site is going to hades in a hand basket again. I told Matt how there's about a half dozen that need bounced and the site will be much improved but he's draggin' his feet..we'll get 'em soon,d on't you worry!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:It's simple, there's a take over by dirty libs. Note how many other guys who are conservative don't even post here anymore. Even mods aren't coming here again. IT got better not too long ago when Kentucky Trojan was bootin' em right and left but someone let 'em back on again. Now, the site is going to hades in a hand basket again. I told Matt how there's about a half dozen that need bounced and the site will be much improved but he's draggin' his feet..we'll get 'em soon,d on't you worry!
I dont think KT was booting anyone to tell the truth.......u have to be a mod to boot ......now who in the world would cross him up and let them back on.............and who are these dirty libs you mention...........I am glad u keep Matt informed on the bad boys and girls that need bounced.......It gives me a cozy and warm feeling knowing you are that tight with the boss.....I just wish along with a lot of other folks Matt would wake up to who is taking this site to Hades in a hand basket....

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Turk turk truk...dissapointed in you buddy. Guess you're not my buddy after all?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Image I remember back in the early 80's..I think 1980, Mt. Saint Helen was about to erupt. They evacuated everyone if my memory serves but one old fellar, Harry Randall Truman, He refused to go. I don't believe he really thought there as any danger. Boy, was he wrong! vaporized and then buried under 150' of volcanic ash...

...now, there is a metaphorical volcano ready to erupt...whether people believe it or not, it doesn't matter..they'll be still caught in the blast..whether they anticipated it, or they doubted it.

The moral of the story is....don't mess up!...don't ignore things till you look up and the only thing you see is your ash!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Turk turk truk...dissapointed in you buddy. Guess you're not my buddy after all?
Truk is not your buddy.......so dont be dissapointed....u need to slow down so your fingers hit the right keys.........

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Image I remember back in the early 80's..I think 1980, Mt. Saint Helen was about to erupt. They evacuated everyone if my memory serves but one old fellar, Harry Randall Truman, He refused to go. I don't believe he really thought there as any danger. Boy, was he wrong! vaporized and then buried under 150' of volcanic ash...

...now, there is a metaphorical volcano ready to erupt...whether people believe it or not, it doesn't matter..they'll be still caught in the blast..whether they anticipated it, or they doubted it.

The moral of the story is....don't mess up!...don't ignore things till you look up and the only thing you see is your ash!
Yea but the old coot went out in a blaze of glory!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, I have to admit, if you gotta go, not too bad of a way to go it would appear..and when people look down and see your ash, they'll always think of you

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Turk turk truk...dissapointed in you buddy. Guess you're not my buddy after all?
Truk is not your buddy.......so dont be dissapointed....u need to slow down so your fingers hit the right keys.........
How about Turk? my fingers move very quickly...they always spasm - an old injury.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I remember when they tried to make ole' Crazy Leg Donahue move out when they were paving the street and he refused to do. Said he'd lived in that Trailer Park for over 60 years and people depended on him being there. It was so sad when they started laying that asphalt down......to this day, sometimes, when I see someones asphalt, I think of ole' Crazy legs

I swear, it's hard to tell much difference between Ole' Crazy Legs and Ole' Harry Truman!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:
How about Turk? my fingers move very quickly...they always spasm - an old injury.
good to see ol John Brown still has it........and Mr Brown, it is Donohue.......not Donahue.......you need to take some spasm medicine........or get a new keyboard..........

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tssh tssh tsshhhhhhhh revealing someone's name is against the rules.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Tssh tssh tsshhhhhhhh revealing someone's name is against the rules.
really, I didnt know that.......I am kind of new at this game but I thought it was ok when I read what u wrote.........and in case u forgot I will remind u.............below:

"I remember when they tried to make ole' Crazy Leg Donahue move out when they were paving the street and he refused to do."

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

...is your name....Donahue? :122246

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I'm still around Tuck. We started having small group study and I've been helping a friend with a Facebook page he wanted to create concerning biblical news, prophecy, and such. Keep standing even when it seems you stand alone!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Thanks!! I believe we are watching that clock swing mid-night!

Return to “The Off season”