The Great Igniter/Divider Does It Again

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

The Great Igniter/Divider Does It Again

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know what is the matter with this man besides his heart is black! Why in the world he'd go with this man, especially in the light of Iran seeking to become a nuclear power..a nation ran by madmen. Obama is the greatest divider this nation has ever seen!
The president has chosen to nominate Mr. Hagel despite tough criticism from congressional Republicans who say the independent-minded former GOP senator is anti-Israel and soft on Iran.

In sticking with his original choice, Mr. Obama is signaling his willingness to confront Senate critics in a tough confirmation fight. Once Mr. Hagel’s name started circulating as the likely nominee, there was an uproar on the right as Republican lawmakers and conservative pressure groups aggressively questioned his commitment to Israel and willingness to take a hard line on Iran over the development of its nuclear program.

Mr. Hagel, 66, has cautioned the U.S. and Israel against launching a military strike against Iran. He also infuriated some Israel backers by referring to the power of the “Jewish lobby” to influence members of Congress.
The conservative Emergency Committee for Israel has said it would run ads slamming Mr. Hagel’s statements about Iran.

Mr. Hagel has taken fire from the left as well for saying in 1998 that a nominee for an ambassadorship was “openly, aggressively gay.” He has apologized for those comments.

The White House has defended Mr. Hagel’s record and said his positions on Israel and Iran have been mischaracterized. After serving with him in the Senate and watching him vote for millions in assistance to Israel and support a series of sanctions on Tehran, the president respects and trusts Mr. Hagel and believes his actions will be completely in line with the administration’s goals, the president’s aides say.

Early in his career Mr. Hagel served as an enlisted infantryman in the Vietnam War and was awarded two Purple Hearts.

After leaving the Senate, he joined the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board, which gives presidents advice on the quality and adequacy of the government’s intelligence collection, in the fall of 2009. He also serves as the chairman of the Atlantic Council, a think tank focused on U.S. leadership in international affairs.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2HJvQgDZw
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Great Igniter/Divider Does It Again

Post by kantuckyII »

It is amazing to me that a president who seemingly is now so hell bent on gun control in the United States also seemingly is so apathetic towards Iran obtaining Nukes!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

kantuckyII wrote:Obama is the greatest divider this nation has ever seen!

Not really. If he was the "greatest divider" he would have statistically had the closest election in US history. He won in a landslide both times. Only FDR, Truman, Eisenhower and Reagan had such convincing victories in both of their elections in the last 100+ years.

It's just that right wing nut jobs can't stand him.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

He won by a very small %, be honest if you're going to cheer for him.

What I mean, and is the truth is the level of divide. He's causing that wedge to get larger and larger...hopefully, he'll fall right in that big chasm he's created and never reappear!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

kantuckyII wrote:He won by a very small %, be honest if you're going to cheer for him.

What I mean, and is the truth is the level of divide. He's causing that wedge to get larger and larger...hopefully, he'll fall right in that big chasm he's created and never reappear!

I am being honest. Look at the closest elections in US History. Obama was NOT in the top 10 of this list in either election! Romney had 47% of the popular vote. Obama had over 51%.

Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Correction: Truman is NOT on this list. It is 4 Presidents total including Obama:

FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan and Obama. 4 Presidents in over 100 years did so well in 2 elections.

http://www.classwarfareexists.com/four- ... ote-twice/
"Four presidents in the last century have won 50 percent of the vote twice: Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Reagan, and Obama. It pains me to say that, to put him in with those other three, but it’s a fact.

Democrats picked up seats in the House and the Senate. The president is in good shape. … I think there will be a big budget deal. It will be an Obama budget deal much more than a Paul Ryan-type budget deal. Elections have consequences.”

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

kantuckyII wrote:He won by a very small %, be honest if you're going to cheer for him.

and bush lost the popular vote so he must be the great sub-tracker lol

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You guys better listen to Kentucky Trojan. There really IS revolution coming. Now, maybe God will smite Obama's face before it goes much further
Last edited by kantuckyII on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

.... And if we turn our back on Israel and become it's adversary instead of its friend, woe unto us!
Last edited by kantuckyII on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Obama is the greatest divider this nation has ever seen!

Not really. If he was the "greatest divider" he would have statistically had the closest election in US history. He won in a landslide both times. Only FDR, Truman, Eisenhower and Reagan had such convincing victories in both of their elections in the last 100+ years.

It's just that right wing nut jobs can't stand him.

It's just that fact that the American IQ, has dropped because they have rotted their minds on drugs, liberal media, and just plain lack of common sense.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:You guys better listen the Kentucky Trojan, he has it right, there is revolution coming. Now, maybe God will smite Obama's face before it goes much further.
can you rephrase that one........you guys better listen the Kentucky Trojan ,he has it right..........really a fuzzy statement.....

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:.... And if we turn our back on Israel is the come it's adversary instead of its friend, woe unto us!
once again........we turn our back on Israel is the come.....can you explain that one again...........come again what.......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

More Obama hater teabag drivel. The President has a right to nominate memebers of his cabinet and it is then presented to the Senate for a simple majority vote. He will be approved in the end. Deal with it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:.... And if we turn our back on Israel is the come it's adversary instead of its friend, woe unto us!
once again........we turn our back on Israel is the come.....can you explain that one again...........come again what.......
LOL, sorry Turk...I was using my phone. I was also using voice recognition while only able to find my PC glasses and not the stronger ones that I need to use my phone with. I couldn't see the funny grammar and sentence structure. Till now, it looked ok to me :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

dazed&confused wrote:More Obama hater teabag drivel. The President has a right to nominate memebers of his cabinet and it is then presented to the Senate for a simple majority vote. He will be approved in the end. Deal with it.
You can't have enough disdain for Obama....liberal douche bags should know that

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:More Obama hater teabag drivel. The President has a right to nominate memebers of his cabinet and it is then presented to the Senate for a simple majority vote. He will be approved in the end. Deal with it.
You can't have enough disdain for Obama....liberal douche bags should know that
Well hello, OK. Let me just say I hold you in as high esteem as you do me! :lol: 8)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, I ain't no teabagger and I am pretty disgusted by that reference. It's amazing how the liberal seems to gravitate towards a man's crotch when he wants to attack them. He should keep his nose out of there

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Obama the douche bag knew that this would bring about great controversy but did he care? HECK NO! he went ahead and nominated him anyway! Because, he is the 'Great Divider' is he reaching across the aisle here? HECK NO HE ISN'T! just more of the same since this man took office.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:Well, I ain't no teabagger and I am pretty disgusted by that reference. It's amazing how the liberal seems to gravitate towards a man's crotch when he wants to attack them. He should keep his nose out of there
towards a man's crotch? :lol:
Here is what I had in mind
A worthless, used-up, damp receptacle of something that was once tasteful!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

As for Obama's choice of Hagel-

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) in particular was a vocal advocate for Hagel’s character — even after his dissent on U.S. foreign policy regarding Iraq and Israel were well-known.

In 2006, while he was preparing to run for president, McCain was asked whether he’d consider Hagel for a cabinet post. “I’d be honored to have Chuck with me in any capacity,” he said. “He’d make a great secretary of state.”

Two years later, McCain reaffirmed that position after securing the Republican nomination, telling The Associated Press that Hagel is a “respected leader in America” who “served his country admirably, with honor and distinction.”

At a 2007 fundraiser, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) called Hagel “one of the premier foreign policy voices (and) one of the giants in the United States Senate,” according to the Nebraska-based Lincoln Journal Star.

Return to “The Off season”