Mass Shooting Victim Interview

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Mass Shooting Victim Interview

Post by kantuckyII »

Suzanna Hupp, Survivor of Luby’s Mass Shooting, Argues Against Gun Control, Saying Texas Gun Law Left Her Defenseless

Suzanna Hupp, a survivor from a mass shooting in Texas spoke out against new gun control measures. In October 1991, a man shot more than 40 people in a Luby’s restaurant, killing 23 of them, including Hupp’s parents. She gave impassioned testimony on Capitol Hill last week and argued that the law left her and others helpless against their attacker.

“I don’t view myself as a victim of gun violence, I view myself as a victim of a maniac who happened to use a gun as a tool,” she told lawmakers.

On America Live, Hupp described the heartbreaking moments as she watched her father rushing the gunman unarmed. Despite attempts to grab her mom and run, Hupp’s mother wouldn’t leave her dad behind.

In what she called a “stupid decision,” Hupp said she realized she’d obeyed Texas law and left her gun in her car. At the time, people were not permitted to carry a weapon into public places. “It still makes me angry when I think about it. You can’t go up against a guy with a gun with a salt shaker or a butter knife.”

Regardless of whether Hupp could have taken down the shooter if she had her gun, Hupp said all she wants is the opportunity to change the odds. “Megyn, you’re a mom and […] I’m a mom, and I just can’t imagine being back in that position, but instead of having my parents with me, having my kids with me and not have any way to protect them.”

Hupp said, “You can be a liberal and talk about gun control all you want, but when you’re actually in the situation, most normal people want to be able to defend themselves and their children or grandchildren.”

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Mass Shooting Victim Interview

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Interesting the victim paid attention to the gun law like a law abiding citizen would while the criminal did not obey the gun law. Seems that goes against everything the liberals want you to believe.

Return to “The Off season”