Pink Floyd
Queen
Black Sabbath
Sex Pistols
Iron Maiden
Deep Purple
The Kinks
Cream/Clapton

Who am I missing? No one better say Spice Girls or One Direction either! :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Best British Bands

Post by C-Bolt »

Since I use to listen to a lot of late 80'S early 90's metal music my favorite would be Def Leppard and White Snake is up there along with Saxon.On a side note I saw on TV last night American Metal Rock monster Motley Crue signed some kind of legal agreement to break up and not go touring again,how strange :aaaaa46

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Same here, Def Leppard would be one for sure/White Snake/Duran Duran/Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel/Billy Idol/The Fixx/Tears for Fears/Ozzy/The Police/The Who/etc. Ole Tommy Lee and the boys are running out of steam, C- Bolt. Partied way too hard. :lol: :lol: All the 80's groups are getting old and time to wind down for them. But some are coming back with new albums. Aerosmith has one, pretty 80's kicking sounding still. That 80's glam rock music will jam on the radio waves, long after we are dead, new or old. Ole Tommy Lee for Motley Crue probably wants to enjoy getting the big hangover C out the rest of his days while he can, before it shrivels up. His Ex Pamela Anderson could tell a few stories. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Anybody see the Grammys? You had Black Sabbath introducing the remaining Beatles. Ozzy was like the best band ever and then he looks at Geezer and goes what best band then they all smirk and finish the introduction. It was pretty funny, but yet cool.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tigercannon71 wrote:Anybody see the Grammys? You had Black Sabbath introducing the remaining Beatles. Ozzy was like the best band ever and then he looks at Geezer and goes what best band then they all smirk and finish the introduction. It was pretty funny, but yet cool.
I saw but it must be said that The Beatles are Ozzy's favorite, or should I say favourite, band of all time.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I figured he was just playing around with them.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Trenchfoot wrote:Same here, Def Leppard would be one for sure/White Snake/Duran Duran/Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel/Billy Idol/The Fixx/Tears for Fears/Ozzy/The Police/The Who/etc. Ole Tommy Lee and the boys are running out of steam, C- Bolt. Partied way too hard. :lol: :lol: All the 80's groups are getting old and time to wind down for them. But some are coming back with new albums. Aerosmith has one, pretty 80's kicking sounding still. That 80's glam rock music will jam on the radio waves, long after we are dead, new or old. Ole Tommy Lee for Motley Crue probably wants to enjoy getting the big hangover C out the rest of his days while he can, before it shrivels up. His Ex Pamela Anderson could tell a few stories. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good call on Genesis and the Police, forgot about them Trench

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tigercannon71 wrote:I figured he was just playing around with them.
And to see Sir Paul and Nirvana win, epic!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love The Beatles and they are tops on my music collection from the 50s on, but with The Stones still playing I would go with them.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Oaf wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Same here, Def Leppard would be one for sure/White Snake/Duran Duran/Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel/Billy Idol/The Fixx/Tears for Fears/Ozzy/The Police/The Who/etc. Ole Tommy Lee and the boys are running out of steam, C- Bolt. Partied way too hard. :lol: :lol: All the 80's groups are getting old and time to wind down for them. But some are coming back with new albums. Aerosmith has one, pretty 80's kicking sounding still. That 80's glam rock music will jam on the radio waves, long after we are dead, new or old. Ole Tommy Lee for Motley Crue probably wants to enjoy getting the big hangover C out the rest of his days while he can, before it shrivels up. His Ex Pamela Anderson could tell a few stories. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good call on Genesis and the Police, forgot about them Trench
I have always liked the police, they have a special sound about them. The drummer for the police "Stewart Copeland" is a tough sounding one of a kind style percussionist. He was ranked by a rolling stone magazine reader poll in 2010, as the fifth greatest drummer of all time.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Where would you rank Rick Allen trench? Has there ever been another one arm drummer before playing for a big time group?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Where would you rank Rick Allen trench? Has there ever been another one arm drummer before playing for a big time group?
He's a different type drummer, More of a slow slamming percussionist with a solid smashing tempo. Ya really can't say who's better than who at the pro level. But some people like some better than others, if they all were the same it would be boring. They are all different. Don't know if he ever made the rolling stone poll. But he's a dang good one. He got the nickname "Thunder god" on his miraculous comeback from his arm amputation. His left arm that he used for snare drum licks is now his left leg on a pedal that hits an electric drum that has the snare drum sound. Pretty nifty thinking by Rick. It was said he thought all of that out while laying in the hospital. He has a website called onestick Rick. I think that's what it's called. Check around, you will find it Bolt.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

The Beatles obviously! At least this weekend, that's for sure! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Don't know how I managed to forget Peter Frampton!

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

Led Zepplin by far.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

How did I miss this one. My favorite is Floyd

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Zepplin
Black Sabbath
Yardbirds
Motorhead
Judas Priest

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DC5 was good......probably the real first rock drummer.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Always was and always will be the Beatles, but Queen had some of my favorite songs ever.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Fleetwood Mac

Return to “The Off season”