Re: American Muscle Cars (Pictures)

Post by noreply66 »

nice

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:28 am 1955 Chevy Custom Pro Street. 502 BB.

Big bad built 502 in that baby, Noreply. :shock:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Custom 1952 GMC Pickup

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This looks better now then it did in the day.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree. Isn't it amazing how they bring them back from years past, worn out/rusty, customize them, and they turn out to be nice plush looking hot rods. Some of these are Barrett Jackson quality. Beautiful and almost flawless.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like they cut the springs in half during customizing to make it a low rider. I wonder if they put hydraulics on it? It's pretty but I like them sitting up higher myself. That thing would get all scraped up on these roads around here :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

No back woods cutting of the springs in half Bolt, like body shops would around here. :lol: :lol: No hydraulics on that baby either. All brand new heavy duty mid-low stance suspension and chassis. Basically a brand new old 52 GMC hotrod truck all over with a new flare. Barrett Jackson showcase quality. Ready for auction/no reserve. Like to know what it went for. Big bucks.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Found video of the picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2OyWQqkd0
If you look down in the comments some guy asks him if its too low too drive and he says its on airbags so you can lift it to drive. I thought that thing looked awful low.
Last edited by cbolt on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1954 Chevy 210 custom station wagon.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The ones a remember didn't look this good

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It amazes me the eye these pro custom builders have. Find old cars/trucks in barns/fields that's been setting for years, and turn them in to powerful hot rod master pieces. They still have the old strong look with a brilliant new flare.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 am Found video of the picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2OyWQqkd0
If you look down in the comments some guy asks him if its too low too drive and he says its on airbags so you can lift it to drive. I thought that thing looked awful low.
Digging comp again I see. :lol: :lol: Didn't know it was so important, but here we go, on a picture I liked and put on here. Airbag adjusting spring suspension for raising /'lowering the body is way different than hydraulics. Those air ride airbags set stronger to stay where you want them. It's almost as nothing is there, but still stiff as a board and a heavy duty pricey upgraded suspension than it originally had in 1952. That's not even the owner of the truck. :lol: :lol: Just an admirer. :lol: :lol: Airbag spring adjustment for stance placement is completely different than the bouncy lifting and dropping hydraulics I thought you was referring too. Never did care for that poopy, but I wouldn't have neither of them. And yes there is cars built to set that low all the time. They don't drag like you think they would, specially a shorter wheel base vehicle. Not like you would take a vehicle this nice out everyday anyways. Back road dragger I can see, but not decent roads. A rich guy that will own it will make sure it don't drag. Lower stance looks way better on hot rods than big ugly gaps above the tires for sure. I like a lower stance but not too low, just enough to hide the gap above the tires on hot rods. The red and white 55 above is a perfect stance. The black 55 is as well. Love anything pro street with performance and lots of horses and a bitchin upgraded handling stiff suspension, with big performance breaks, that stops on a dime.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Here's about where I like the stance of a hot rod truck, Bolt. Hot rod cars a little lower. I remember ole KF had an old hot rod truck long ago. He still have that? I can't remember what year or make. It was old and a tricked out street rod, but haven't seen it in awhile, but it was cool looking and sounded good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcW5wq-Kk8

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1968 Dodge Charger R/T My dad had one like this same color with a black vinyl top and Craigers.

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1970 Plymouth Road Runner "The Superbird"

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1972 Road Runner

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

AMX Javelin on steroids.

AT THE RESERVATION
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:23 am
cbolt wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 am Found video of the picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2OyWQqkd0
Digging comp again I see. :lol: :lol: Didn't know it was so important, but here we go, on a picture I liked and put on here. Airbag adjusting spring suspension for raising /'lowering the body is way different than hydraulics. Those air ride airbags set stronger to stay where you want them. It's almost as nothing is there, but still stiff as a board and a heavy duty pricey upgraded suspension than it originally had in 1952. That's not even the owner of the truck. :lol: :lol: Just an admirer. :lol: :lol: Airbag spring adjustment for stance placement is completely different than the bouncy lifting and dropping hydraulics I thought you was referring too. Never did care for that poopy, but I wouldn't have neither of them. And yes there is cars built to set that low all the time. They don't drag like you think they would, specially a shorter wheel base vehicle. Not like you would take a vehicle this nice out everyday anyways. Back road dragger I can see, but not decent roads. A rich guy that will own it will make sure it don't drag. Lower stance looks way better on hot rods than big ugly gaps above the tires for sure. I like a lower stance but not too low, just enough to hide the gap above the tires on hot rods. The red and white 55 above is a perfect stance. The black 55 is as well. Love anything pro street with performance and lots of horses and a bitchin upgraded handling stiff suspension, with big performance breaks, that stops on a dime.
There you go again taking me the wrong way. Always think I am digging at you for some reason. I thought I would add some interesting conversation for people to see not just you. Don't worry I won't comp any more of your pictures i'll let all you car experts have at it and i will stay off the thread. Anything I say you think I am digging you so what's the use. I thought it was interesting that it sit so low and I wasn't the only one who thought that after reading the comments in the video. I never said it had hydraulics to begin with just wondered if it did because of the low rider profile. So you think cars that low will not drag huh huh. Go get one and drive it around here in town for awhile showing it off and let me look under it in a year huh huh. Scrapes and scratches everywhere. Even that little car I got sits higher than that thing in your picture and it will drag from time to time when I go over steep depressions in the road. Vehicles that low that don't have some kind of lift take a beating in the streets. I knew a guy at work who used to have a little low rider S-10 that thing was always dragging an even poked a hole in his oil pan making him buy a new one. So that's why I posted that video because it gave more insight but no I should have known it was a dig at you I guess lol.
Last edited by cbolt on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 am Here's about where I like the stance of a hot rod truck, Bolt. Hot rod cars a little lower. I remember ole KF had an old hot rod truck long ago. He still have that? I can't remember what year or make. It was old and a tricked out street rod, but haven't seen it in awhile, but it was cool looking and sounded good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcW5wq-Kk8
Drawing a blank on who KF is. That thing you could drive in the streets. Much higher than that other one. The step side on the 52 chocolate milk looks like it's barely and inch off the ground. Okay I am out of here, leaving it for all you pros.

Return to “The Off season”