Referees (lol i know)

General Chat
Bengalsrule
Waterboy

Referees (lol i know)

Post by Bengalsrule »

I have attended roughly 3-4 bbgames a week since for 4 years. I have played, refereed and coached. In that time I have seen some really good referees, really bad but mostly avg refereeing over that time. One thing the majority of them have in common is that they appear to give effort, and for the most part honestly believe they are calling every thing these. I for one have great respect for them and the job they do. Over this time there has been a white haired, elderly man (I Believe his name is Tommy) I have seen him call at least 20 bb games over this span. Middle School, jv and varsity. I have seen him mostly at ironton and some soc schools. I don't know him at all but he has to be one of the biggest reasons that officials have a hard time garnering any respect. Does anyone know who I am talking about? I would like to know his last name? I may start back coaching next year and I want to let my ad know not to schedule him. I am in no way here to bash or degrade this poor man. If it offends him or anyone else I will gladly take it down. Thanks

Return to “The Off season”