Haunted Places in Southeastern Ohio

General Chat
dimedrop4
All State

Re: Haunted Places in Southeastern Ohio

Post by dimedrop4 »

There has been a lot of buzz around the South Webster area lately about an apparent haunted house not too far outside the village. It's the newly blue painted house located in the "fanny mines" right after Railroad Hollow Rd, 1st house on the right, if you are traveling up 140 into South Webster.

5 Families have tried to make this place their residence in the past 3 months, but have been forced out by the paranomal. Reports have it that a couple of the families slept in their vehicles at night, as they were too distraught an freaked out to even turn the lights off at night. Amongst the years, I've heard there have been several stillborn babies in the house, and a young boy once hung himself in the basement. WSAZ news even made a trip out to Webster to check out the place.

Rumors say there are 3 spirits residing in the home at the time. An evil man controls the downstairs, and will literally tell you to "get out, this is my home". There is supposed to be a pregnant woman and a young blonde haired boy who can often be seen at the top of the stairs. The evil man won't allow them to come downstairs. I've known a few people to actually go inside the house and check it out, and one of those people said she saw everything I afore mentioned, and another said she saw nothing, but poured the sweat the entire time she was in there for no reason.

All these stories have Webster talking, and I know of several people trying to find a way to get in and see it. My friend, who's terrified of everything but warm water, can't bare to even drive by the place without chills going down her spine. So, as a joke, I asked her to go to Burg with me, and on the way back into Webster we came upon the house. I stopped my truck right in the middle of 140 beside the house, reached over her and opened the door. I tried to push her out, but to no avail. Needless to say, I still have claw marks on my arm. :lol:

All in all, it sounds like a very intriguing place to check out. Just thought I'd share this with you all....

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

my2cents wrote:I was playing music in an acoustic duo at the Shawnee State Lodge in Southern Ohio about 10 years ago. On the main floor, in the lower lounge area there is a room that has a bunch of couches and chairs and doors that lead out to the deck. If you have ever been there, it is to the left of the restaurant and has a big canoe on the wall. We set up right in front of the fireplace. Behind us and over top of the fireplace there was a giant painting (about 4 by 5 foot) of an Indian. I believe he was looking thru a bush, with bow and arrow in hand, at a deer. Our very last song that night was one I wrote about Tecumseh. There were about 50 people in the room, some big wigs from lodges all over the state and their families plus regular lodge guest. On the very last note of the song, I noticed everyone get this look of shock on their face and I thought, 'Man did I hit a bad note or what". Then there was a giant "CRASH" behind us. The picture, which had hung there since the lodge opened many years ago, had come loose, fell down about 6 inches to the top of the fire place mantle and then slowly fell forward and crashed flat on the floot behind us. The glass broke into a million pieces. It covered about every square inch of the floor. Everyone got the heeby jeebys and we packed up and went home. I don't know what happened to the painting, but I haven't seen it back up. I know one thing, I won't play that song out there again.

Id like to hear the song and lyrics.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Beard Cemetary in DUNDAS is a freaky place at night! There is an OLD county road, which is only used for muddin now a days, that runs right past it. Its a crazy place to ride!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

dimedrop4 wrote:There has been a lot of buzz around the South Webster area lately about an apparent haunted house not too far outside the village. It's the newly blue painted house located in the "fanny mines" right after Railroad Hollow Rd, 1st house on the right, if you are traveling up 140 into South Webster.

5 Families have tried to make this place their residence in the past 3 months, but have been forced out by the paranomal. Reports have it that a couple of the families slept in their vehicles at night, as they were too distraught an freaked out to even turn the lights off at night. Amongst the years, I've heard there have been several stillborn babies in the house, and a young boy once hung himself in the basement. WSAZ news even made a trip out to Webster to check out the place.

Rumors say there are 3 spirits residing in the home at the time. An evil man controls the downstairs, and will literally tell you to "get out, this is my home". There is supposed to be a pregnant woman and a young blonde haired boy who can often be seen at the top of the stairs. The evil man won't allow them to come downstairs. I've known a few people to actually go inside the house and check it out, and one of those people said she saw everything I afore mentioned, and another said she saw nothing, but poured the sweat the entire time she was in there for no reason.

All these stories have Webster talking, and I know of several people trying to find a way to get in and see it. My friend, who's terrified of everything but warm water, can't bare to even drive by the place without chills going down her spine. So, as a joke, I asked her to go to Burg with me, and on the way back into Webster we came upon the house. I stopped my truck right in the middle of 140 beside the house, reached over her and opened the door. I tried to push her out, but to no avail. Needless to say, I still have claw marks on my arm. :lol:

All in all, it sounds like a very intriguing place to check out. Just thought I'd share this with you all....

a friend of mine and his family are moving into this house right now. they have spent the night there for the last couple of nights. i told him about the place being haunted, and a bunch of other people told him too. i am actualy going there this evening to visit. cant wait lol

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

my2cents wrote:I was playing music in an acoustic duo at the Shawnee State Lodge in Southern Ohio about 10 years ago. On the main floor, in the lower lounge area there is a room that has a bunch of couches and chairs and doors that lead out to the deck. If you have ever been there, it is to the left of the restaurant and has a big canoe on the wall. We set up right in front of the fireplace. Behind us and over top of the fireplace there was a giant painting (about 4 by 5 foot) of an Indian. I believe he was looking thru a bush, with bow and arrow in hand, at a deer. Our very last song that night was one I wrote about Tecumseh. There were about 50 people in the room, some big wigs from lodges all over the state and their families plus regular lodge guest. On the very last note of the song, I noticed everyone get this look of shock on their face and I thought, 'Man did I hit a bad note or what". Then there was a giant "CRASH" behind us. The picture, which had hung there since the lodge opened many years ago, had come loose, fell down about 6 inches to the top of the fire place mantle and then slowly fell forward and crashed flat on the floot behind us. The glass broke into a million pieces. It covered about every square inch of the floor. Everyone got the heeby jeebys and we packed up and went home. I don't know what happened to the painting, but I haven't seen it back up. I know one thing, I won't play that song out there again.

You think that story's scary, you ought to hear him play music.

Just kiddin bro. He's actually really good.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Two good ones, only one is a truely good example. My first two years of College were spent @ Muskingum before spending my last three wonderful years in athens. We were sitting around one night my soph year @ Muskingum watching the most haunted places in American special. Athens was on the list but there was also another. Off of route 83 half way between New Concord and Coshocton you turned on a little gravel road an ran several miles out in to the woods where you would turn on to an old "hull" road (I can't remember the number off the top of my head now). According to the show you would come to a steep hill and you were supposed to dim your lights as you slowly decended and at a certain point you would see the faded image of a horse and rider walk slowly across the road and disappear in to the woods. It was supposed to be the ghost of an 1800's timber cutter who died when a tree fell on him. We tried it and plain as day you could see the rider and his horse. It was creepy at first but then just kinda cool cuz it happened each time you tried it. One of my buddies and I got out and stood where the image crossed the road while the rest of them got back in the car and tried it again. They claimed that the rider went right in between us but we couldn't see anything. There was a spring that ran 2/3 of the way out in to that road at the bottom of the hill, we were pretty sure it was an optical illusion from the lights hitting the water but it was still pretty cool. There were a lot of trips made by Muskingum students for a few weeks after that night to check it out.

The second one happened late one night to my high school gf and a few of her friends. They were traveling from Somerset to Glenford to pick us up from a truck pull, they cut across this old gravel road called Black Horse rd. It had started raining pretty hard at this point and as they were coming through a heavily wooded section of the road the lights shined on a woman in a nurses outfit walking in the middle of the road smoking a cigarette. She walked right up to the car an disappeared. When those girls got to Glenford they were all in tears and wanted to go home. The Henson family (there son Sam was a year older then us) lived on that road. Ten years earlier sams mom was on her way home from work at the hospital and was driving too fast in the rain and flipped her car, ejecting and killing herself about a hundered yards from where the girls saw the woman. For the three years I dated Molly after that she refused to drive down that road.

I love ghost stories.

KidFromTheBurg
Waterboy

Post by KidFromTheBurg »

I thought I would throw out a couple stories to keep this thread alive. I read these on the net somewhere, but thought they were interesting.

Apparently, Mercy Hospital in Portsmouth is very haunted. I'm not sure if the story I read was about the current Mercy Hospital or the old one that closed years ago. From what I read there is a haunted stairwell were voices can be heard at night. There is also a story of a nurse seeing something evil in one of the mirrors in a patient's room.

My favorite story is of the Greenbriar Nursing Home in the Burg. The story is that a death angel appears to people there before they die. The staff report that whenever a resident asks about a little girl who came into their room then they know that this person is going to die. Creepy!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SWbaseballFan wrote:
dimedrop4 wrote:There has been a lot of buzz around the South Webster area lately about an apparent haunted house not too far outside the village. It's the newly blue painted house located in the "fanny mines" right after Railroad Hollow Rd, 1st house on the right, if you are traveling up 140 into South Webster.

a friend of mine and his family are moving into this house right now. they have spent the night there for the last couple of nights. i told him about the place being haunted, and a bunch of other people told him too. i am actualy going there this evening to visit. cant wait lol

So what was the outcome with your friend and his family?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

IRONFALCON wrote:I've heard some stories of the old house across from giovanni's in Minford on the corner of 335 and 139. Has anyone else heard this?
Yes, I have heard some creepy stuff in that house. Growing up, one of my friends lived there and he said that there were a set of twins burned to death in the 3rd floor in the 50's (I think that was the decade) in a house fire. When the fire siren goes off, there is a lot of banging noises and crying heard from up there.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

moved in to a new house in Caldwell. My girlfriend came up to stay with me the first week I stayed there. She wakes me up in the middle of the night freaking out, swears there was an old man standing over the bed watching us sleep. I didn't see anything though haha. My roommate claims that he woke up a few weeks ago because he felt like someone was pushing his head down in to his pillow. Not sure I believe them but I will keep ya posted :evil:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

interesting

VegasEagle
Varsity

Re: haunted places

Post by VegasEagle »

jumpman wrote:Crybaby tunnels in Chillicothe area:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... e=2&cat=37
I have been there and the things that have happend have scared the crap outta me

hauntedme
Waterboy

Post by hauntedme »

Try http://www.hauntedhocking.com. Lots of places in southeastern Ohio with history and information.

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

I have done quite a bit of "ghost hunting" around South eastern ohio, The Inasane asylum in Athens ive been to about 5 times and each time nothing at all has happend, Moonville tunnel is creepy, the group I was with heard footsteps behind us on more than one occasion, and Hanning Cemetary in Albany is pretty creepy as well

gtown girl
Waterboy

Post by gtown girl »

I grew up in Georgetown Ohio and I lived in a haunted house for a few yrs. Its located on N. Main st. It was supposedly a residence and drs. office back in the 1800's. The story goes, a woman who was considered a hypochondriac came to see the doc with complaints of sickness. He ignored her and left her sitting in the waiting room and she died.

We would hear people walking up and down the stairs, pictures would come crashing off the wall and down the stairs. A smell of lilacs would fill the whole house. It was so strong it would literally make you sick at your stomach. I had money thrown at me in the shower, and I would hear people callin my name while getting ready for school in the same bathroom as the money being thrown at me.

It loved to pick on my dad everytime he was in that bathroom. It never scared me. It didnt seem bad, just trying to get our attention. Adults could not sleep in my brothers room. If we had our grandparents over they got my room. They tried sleeping in my brothers room once and woke up to the bed rocking. Mamaw said she would never sleep in there again.

Return to “The Off season”