It Must Be True

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tom Cruice and Katie Holmes are still very, very attracted to each other. Holmes 28, reports that Cruice,45, her husband of just over one year,is particularly partial to the sight of her in business attire. "I like it when he likes it," she says. "It makes me blush!" Holmes for her part, says she gets excited watching Cruice pursue his latest hobby: flying planes. "He knows what he's doing," Holmes says. "It's hot,"

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

One May 25, 1935, Babe Ruth hit his 714th (and last) home run.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

There are twenty 'baby teeth'.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Banana stalks are not trees in the correct sense of the term. They are large perennial herbs that reach their full growth in one season

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

In the fifth century A.D. the barbers in Rome extracted teeth, treated wounds, and bled patients as part of their professional work.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

There is no proof that Barnum once said, 'There is a sucker born every minute'

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The first bathtub installed in the United States was installed in Cincinnati, Ohio, home in 1842. It was made of mahogany and was lined with sheet metal.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The bazooka, developed by the United States Army, was first used in 1942.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The flattened beaks of ducks enable them to shovel their food from the muddy bottoms of streams.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

An object that weighs five pounds on the earth would weigh two pounds on the planet Mercury.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

There are ten million bricks in the Empire State Building in New York City.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A dead Chilean man surprised attendees at his wake by sitting up and demanding a glass of water. Relatives had found Feliberto Carrasco,81, so cold and apparently lifeless in his home that they called for a funeral director rather than a doctor. After friends and relatives had gathered to toast his memory, Carrasco regained consciousness. "I couldn't believe it. I thought I must be mistaken,and I shut my eyes, said Carraco's nephew Pedro. "When I opened them again, my uncle was looking at me."

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The English, not the Germans, invented the goose-step for its soldiers.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The fish opens and closes his mouth to pass water through the gills to obtain oxygen. The action is part of the breathing operation.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: It Must Be True

Post by noreply66 »

The Swiss company Rinspeed has built the world's first truly functional underwater car. The craft is a pet project of Rinspeed's CEO, Frank Rinderknecht, who had been consumed with the idea ever since he saw Roger Moore drive a submersible Lotus Esprit in the 1977 James Bond film The Spy Who loved Me. called the "sQuba" (the capital "o" is a nod to Bond's gadget expert), the new electric-powered auto can do 77 mph on land, 3 mph on the surface of water, and about 1.8 mph at a depth of 30 feet. It will make its official debut at the Geneva Auto Show next Month.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dozens of Scottish schoolchildren have been injured in a freak corridor pileup. Children were apparently streaming into class after recess at Falkik's Denny High School when one girl lost her shoe. Bending to retrieve it, the girl tripped. As the kids behind her kept waking, it set off a domino effect that ended in a heap of 25 fallen children, several of whom were hospitalized with sprains and bruises.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A Florida family says their toddler's beloved talking Elmo doll had an abrupt personality change and started threatening to kill him. Melissa Bowman says the cuddly Sesame Street character used to sing songs and talk about colors, to the delight of her 2-year old son, James. After its batteries died and were changed, however, the doll would only say "kill James," in a sinister singsong cadence. "It's not something that you would think would ever come out of a toy," his mom says.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Visitors to Amsterdam's popular Vonde;park will soon be allowed to have sex in public,under new rules adopted by the city. That decision drew immediate protest from animal lovers who were outraged that city officials also announced that dogs would no longer be allowed to roam in the popular park without leashes. Alderman Paul Van Grieken defended the new regulation, explaining that unlike free-roaming dogs, public sex"isn't a nuisance for the other visitors, and gives a lot of pleasure to a certain group of people.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Producers of the lucrative Harry Potter movies are worried that Daniel Radcliffe's off-screen behavior may tarnish the wholesome image of the boy-wizard, says the London Sun. A source says that Radcliffe, 18 has been" been having late nights out with stars like Kevin Spacey," and has suddenly acquired a pack-a-day cigarette habit. Producers have asked Radcliffe not to smoke in public, but on the movie set, he's a virtual chimney."Every time they call CUT, he lights up, says the source. It's disgusting.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A Chinese woman has been arrested for impersonating a male army officer in order to trick the families of young women out of money. One victim's father says he was approached by a university educated army major named Li Zhanyu, who "said he wanted to date my daughter, but first needed money to break up with his current girlfriend." The family, impressed with the major's status, paid more than $20,000, but Li then disppeared. Police tracked "him" down to an internet cafe. Authorities suspect the "major," whose real name is Li Zu, has been running the scam for at least two Years.

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”