Ruger's New LC9

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ruger's New LC9

Post by kantuckyII »

Anyone else looked at this pistol? I looked at one the other day and I have to say, I love the way it felt in my hands, the size and everything else about it. Of course, I've not fired it and at 17 oz. I'm sure it's a bear to hold onto. As one reviewer says about it:
Thanks to the base plate’s pinky extension, it’s easy enough to get a proper hold of the gun. But keeping her nose down for follow-up shots requires a steady hand, a proper stance and a death grip; the checkering on the front of the LC9′s frame leaves a lasting impression on your bottom three fingers. After a while, it starts to sting the body electric.
Anyone have any experience with the pistol? it's a sweet priced gun too at around 350 bucks.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Re: Ruger's New LC9

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I wish I could offer some insight on this gun, but unfortunately I'm still searching for a decent handgun.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If I had my rather, I'd like to have a Kimber 1911. Nothing in my life I've ever put in MY hand that felt so natural and familiar. Never fired one though. However, I can't believe how easily I can instinctively point with it and then check to see if I'm on target with the laser. I don't have to look at the sights and can put in within a couple inches at 20 yards (a miracle with me) without looking down the sights

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

You would never regret springing for the Kimber.
I installed a short trigger and it fits like a glove.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm jealous as all get out! about a year and a half ago, I had the money and was getting ready to get one. Couldn't decided on the Ultra or the Pro. The pro felt the best of all three but it would be hard (at least, for me) to conceal IMO. I also was worried about the recoil as I have a serious neck injury and didn't know if I could even handle it but since then, I've read enough and talked to enough people that I see my concern was for naught...but now, I don't have that much laying around...shoot..should have bought when I had the chance, huh? :122247

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I bought mine as a cc and as an investment.
Since then I believe that a hammerless wheel gun is the best choice for cc.
However I never would want to part with my Kimber.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

My wife has a S&W 642CT. It's very nice, 15 oz. You pull the trigger, it goes bang, you pull the trigger it goes bang..bang bang bang. Never jams, never misfires. Easy to conceal for her as well. I've looked long and hard at a Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace Grips. It's around 5 hundred and only weighs 13 oz! IN MY HAND, it felt very good. Never fired one though

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

I got me a barret 50 cal last night. I thought my neighbor's trailers wall would stop it but no, it went wizzing by the neighbor. SHe went n calld the law on me n they was about to lock me up but then i shot 2 of em, took my trailer off the blocks and drove off.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Wow! talk about a harrowing story! I swear, they're trying to take all our liberties away now! Darned cops!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Im a die hard 1911 guy, but a friend of mine bought a Glock 22 in .40S&W. After firing a couple of clips full at 25 yds., fell in love with it. Accurate, light, easy to keep on target (even with double taps), and much easier to conceal than my GI Issue .45

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You carry a full size 1911? I dont know how you guys do that. They make my Elsie Pea sound sOund do much better when I think what you're carrying. Then again, the firepower and accuracy sure beats what I got not to mention I honestly forget its in my pocket

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Wear my .45 inside the waistband but, even then, its still bulky.....but the stopping power :122246

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I open carry most of the time. G21 and a spare mag. 25 rounds of critical defense between the spare and the loaded weapon. Concealed I run my kimber pro carry in a shoulder rig.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

New Commemorative Pistol

Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of the United States Senate and the House of Representatives. It will be named the “Congressman”.

It doesn't work and you can't fire it.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”