Places to fish in southern ohio

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: Places to fish in southern ohio

Post by The Enforcer »

Yes thats a Good spot on the Hocking, Also if you stay on the Rd and go past the bridge and take the Rd to the Right Go up about half a mile till you See a Cell tower n the Left on the Hill , theres a pull off to the right , Theres a greatCat spot there too with lots of room ro Fish

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Salt Creek enters the Scioto outside of Richmondale. Been there several times but i haven't had any luck. I use to fish off Eastern Ave in Chilli but i thought i heard that they posted it a few years back so i'm not sure if its still an option. The 35 bridge looks promising but i've only been there a few times. I've had some fun at the bridge outside of Lucasville but never caught anything over ten lbs but i'm sure there is a few lurking around. The Scioto changes so much from year to year (and finding somewhere that isn't posted) that i haven't fished it like i did 10 plus years ago. I usually end up at one of the dams on the Ohio.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ironman I have a camp on that creek, There is alot of deep holes along Dixon Mill road where my camp is.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I'm not familiar with Dixon but I haven't been there much since I was younger. We spent most of our time fishing the Scioto out thru there. If I remember right there use to be like 3 different places we'd go (railroad tressel,trackside,and a culvert a few miles down the road). Dad use to talk about fishing Salt Creek growing up but if we hit a creek it was usually Paint or one of the 2 Brush Creeks.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

Isnt Dixon right before salt creek headed toward chillicothe on 50? we went up that way and it was all posted and no where to fish

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

From Chilly you go East on 50 and the first road past Londonderry is Dixon Mill. Theres several deep holes along that stretch. You can also go to the other end at the bridge on 327 I think is the road and park and walk to the bridge at 50. Wear swimming trunks because you will have to wade some but its a all day trip. I have seen people canoe it or flat bottom boat it.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

u can find good fishing up dixon mill been around that area my whole life but id prefer richmondale myself some big cats up there...

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”