Crow huntin!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Crow huntin!!!

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Any one ever been? What calls do you use?

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: Crow huntin!!!

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Hunted crows for YEARS but for the last few years they have removed the best time of the year from the agenda. :evil: There used to be no closed season on them and, in fact, there was even a bounty on them. I used to buy shells to hunt them with from the bounty money I got from them.... but I guess those days are gone forever. :cry: :cry:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I done this when I was young. I had decoys and a call. I don't know why I done it now though. It's not like I was going eat 'em and back then I didn't know any of them Portsmouth boys like biggdowgg and Ozzie Ohio to give em' to who like eating crow.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Now adays ever thing is seems to be going that way, I went to sell some coyotes and they offered me $5 a piece so I said I would just keep them and save the gas money. I mean that trip would of probably made me a buck or 2 lol.

Isnt crow season in the summer? I think its in june but I cant remember for sure.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:Isnt crow season in the summer? I think its in june but I cant remember for sure.

Crow season this year is from June 6th, 2008 until March 15th 2009. From March 16 'til June 6th (the best time of the year to hunt them) IT IS CLOSED.
AND, when the season is open the rest of the year, it is FRIDAY, SAT. and SUNDAY ONLY !! :evil: :evil:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

What kind of calls do you use to call them in? I have a crow gathering call and a crow halk death cry tape that I use. The crow hawk fight gets them pretty fired up and they come in real close and you also get hawks to come in and show off alittle :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:What kind of calls do you use to call them in? I have a crow gathering call and a crow halk death cry tape that I use. The crow hawk fight gets them pretty fired up and they come in real close and you also get hawks to come in and show off alittle :lol:

I still have a couple of 50 year old "Olt" brand mouth calls that I use when I RARELY go anymore. I've never tried any of the tapes or electronic stuff.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I havent Crow hunted in about 10 years , but the last time we went I think we used a tape to call them in and it worked pretty well.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:What kind of calls do you use to call them in? I have a crow gathering call and a crow halk death cry tape that I use. The crow hawk fight gets them pretty fired up and they come in real close and you also get hawks to come in and show off alittle :lol:

I still have a couple of 50 year old "Olt" brand mouth calls that I use when I RARELY go anymore. I've never tried any of the tapes or electronic stuff.

i did a little last year when i had the chance and we did use the tapes, although i think it helps to throw a mouth call in there. they would just hang up on us sometimes with the tapes

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”