S

Re: Frog Gigging

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I haven't been froggin for a lot of years.... :aaaaa61

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Around 10 years or so ago I was bass fishing on the Ohio River just above the Reedsville dam and I found a frog gig floating in the water. The only thing I use it on is gigging ground moles in the yard in the summer. They really cut a shine when you forkem :!: :lol:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Yeah I have went a few times the last couple years. We made our gigs out of littel trees and screwed soem spikes in them. I have a few ponds at my house that are just loaded with them. I just stocked the mane bull frog pond with alot of bass a couple years ago so they are starting to thin out alittle now :lol: We went to 2 little ponds one night and caught about 40 :shock: I have never been around many people that have went but that seemed like a lot to me for just a couple of ponds that added up to about 1/2 acre.

LoganFootball63
JV Team

Post by LoganFootball63 »

yea me and some friends went frog giggin at the neighbors pond, one of my buddys leaned over the edge and fell outta the boat aimin for a frog

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I love frog legs. My problem is frying them and trying not to eat them as I cook them!!! When I was a little girl my father always went frog gigging. I loved watching him grab a frog out of the bucket and swing it around and knock it's head up against a tree, ( I know it sounds grosss) then continue to cut them up!!! My grandmother would tell my dad that he should't let his little girl watch him kill the frogs, that it would cause me to have bad dreams!! Not me, I just dreamed of eatting those critters!! :shock: :o :shock:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

those frog giggers work well to tear down yellow jackets nest when they build them in your basement :122246 for frogs not sure :aaaaa104

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

My buddies and i go swveral times a season. I think we have about 12 or 13 foot giggs made out of bamboo.( it works great!) I think the best way is to find a nice creek and just wade down the middle of it and with that long of giggs you can get them on either side, we gigg several a night!!!!

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I can remember moving to Germany back in the early 80's, and having the movers pack up my stuff at my mother-in-law's house. When we unpacked our stuff in Germany, low and behold there was my father-in-law's frog gigger!! The packers had packed it up, and shipped it!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

been many years since i frog gigged we would make a night of it, setting jugs for catfish, and snappers. and limb lines as well. then gig frogs while we waited on the jugs to start running. man, them was some good old days. :aaaaa104 :aaaaa121 :aaaaa5

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”