rifles

Boonedawg
S

rifles

Post by Boonedawg »

Just orderd one of these in .22-250
http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... 00_VTR.asp

Going to mount my leoupold vari-x III 4.5x14 for preadator hunting. Seen 2 nice bobkitties this last weekend. Got me wanting to go hunt this spring.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: rifles

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

That rifle looks awsome! What round are you looking at shooting with it? The only thing I hate about my 22-250 is paying $16 for 40 rounds :cry:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thats a nice riffle, have you guys ever tried reloading your own bullets?

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I do. I shoot a speer 55 gr bullet and 39.2 gr of h380.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Boonedawg wrote:Just orderd one of these in .22-250
http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... 00_VTR.asp

Going to mount my leoupold vari-x III 4.5x14 for preadator hunting. Seen 2 nice bobkitties this last weekend. Got me wanting to go hunt this spring.

Where do you live at that you have bobcats? I thought I saw one in our woods one time and i live in gallia county but never said anything about it because i never saw anymore and didnt think they were around

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

very nice gun and they are extremly fast guns. I traded my 223 for one last fall.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I know the 22-250 amo that I buy is 4000 fps :shock:

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Yeah, thats why I posted this thread so we can keep our gun stuff in one thread.

Brutus you buy Federal ammo? It's the best I've found for factory ammo. I live in Grays Harbor County in Washington state. If you look at a map of WA, Grays Harbor is out on the coast on the Olympic Peninsula. We have cougars,bobcats,black bear,coyotes and ol sasquatch out here to varmit hunt. Well, you need a tag for bear and cougar. The population has exploded the past 10 years on predators, they don't allow hound hunting or trapping here anymore. Now we have 150 lb cougars stalking house pets in town. We have had a couple kids a year get mauled too latley.......So I go out and get "pay back". :twisted:

Ive seen 4 bobcats and 2 cougars since deer season, It's just crazy....I NEVER saw a cougar here till 5 years ago. Deer and Elk herd's are getting hammerd by the cats now.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

never been a fan of all the "wildcat" rounds. . .there has just been an explosion lately. . poeple just like to play with bullets it seems. .
but the 223 always takes the lil' ones. .
244 mag. .or 6mill rem (same deal) works for larger
and 30-30, 308, and 30 aught 6 and 44 mag for larger game

really you can reload the basics to get most of the ballistics you want from them by tweaking. . . . .i'm just too lazy to try and figure out new bullets. . that took me forever to get good loads down with the basic rounds
plus my old books have no idea what the heck these things are. .

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

The new short mag and ultra mag rounds are deffinatley breaking down some barriers in ballistics though. The steeper angle on the short mag case neck is pushing the fps up on old calibers. I know my "next" toy is going to be the 7mm STW....from what Ive read and talked to folks this thing is a long range monster.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

no, I buy winchester ammo just beacause it is the cheapest I can find for the 22-250. It seems to shoot pretty well in my rifle so I just always have stuck with it.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”