Any Smallmouth Fisherman out there?

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Any Smallmouth Fisherman out there?

Post by hilltopkid »

Theres nothing like catching a bronzeback. Pound for pound, it has to be the most exciting freshwater fish to catch. When I lived outside of Wheeling I used to hit some of the tributaries of the the Ohio and caught some really nice smallmouth. Especially using ultra-light gear.
the best thing about smallies is, if you're willing to travel a little bit, you can fish them from virtualy year-round. This time of year if you head down to Dale Hollow or any of the TN/KY lakes, you can have a blast catching your limit, and quite possibly catch one over 5 pounds. Anyone who knows much about smallmouths, knows that catching one of these bad boys over 5 lbs isn't like catching a Larger mouth over 5lbs. I have a 6 pounder on my wall I caught at Dale Hollow and I can still remember the excitement of reeling it in.In the spring and summer you can hit just about any stream or tributarie w/ a swift current. Then in the fall, you can head back doen to TN/KY and fish in the evening.
The SOuth branch/North fork of the Potomac is probably one of my favorite small mouth streams along w/ the New River. Dale Hollow has lost it's popularity some, but it's still a good place to go in March.
Anyone else into the smallies?

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: Any Smallmouth Fisherman out there?

Post by The Enforcer »

I love to smallmouth fish , They are the best fighting fish around.

constantine
Waterboy

Re: Any Smallmouth Fisherman out there?

Post by constantine »

We used to do really well at Erie before the new laws. We still do pretty good just not like the old days.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”