What are the best knots?

dish it
Riding the Bench

What are the best knots?

Post by dish it »

I've tried so many different kinds but they pretty much all seem to get the job done, what do you thinks the best?

Bassmaster
S

Re: What are the best knots?

Post by Bassmaster »

I use a Trilene knot.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I dont like the trilene knot

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Heres the knot I use just click on the numbers, and yes it works on fishing line.

http://www.thejump.net/fishing-knots/fi ... tm#Palomar

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Theres all kinds of Knots in the link above.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Theres all kinds of Knots in the link above.

Now I see your problem with catching fish. You're supposed to use a hook, not a wrench.

PS.... Nice, helpful site.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yes and when I miss them I lose a lot of wreches.:aaaaa8

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i used to use the trilene knot a lot. but have forgotten how to tie it , thanks for the link. remember , always wet your knots , they will tie tighter , when moist. i just use my mouth.

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I used to use the regular fishermans knot, but now I find myself tying the Palomar Knot more often.Last year I started using the Trilene.
Last edited by hilltopkid on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I've used the Trilene knot for 30 years. My older brother uses a Palomar knot and swears by it.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Bassmaster
I've used the Trilene knot for 30 years. My older brother uses a Palomar knot and swears by it.

I swear by the palomar knot also! Just try tieng both knots to seperate hooks, then with out useing a sharp object see witch one you can get loose.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

the knots I tie 200,000 times a season in AK are the clove hitch and a bowline, or a bowline on a bight.....I can do a bowline with one hand in about 3 seconds......try that at home. I do some cable splicing too....If I have too....lol

Most of the time fishing, I tie an Egg knot....don't ask, I'd have to show ya.
:-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I've been using an improved clinch knot for about 45 years or so. I'm probably the only one on the planet who still does though.

I can't hardly tie this thing sometimes though with my old eye sight. It's hard enough threading the line through the hook eye..it's all a blur these days. Last year I spent five minutes trying to pass line through worm slip sinker till I finally gave up..found my glasses and discovered the hole was pinched in. I still would have been trying to push the line though that sinker! this bad eye sight is a new game for me.. :lol:

if you tie the improved clinch, you have to make sure the line passes through both hoops..wetted and then pulled snug before you trim any excess off..if it isn't passed through the second loop, it will slip...if it it is, the line will break long before the knot fails

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Boonedawg wrote:the knots I tie 200,000 times a season in AK are the clove hitch and a bowline, or a bowline on a bight.....I can do a bowline with one hand in about 3 seconds......try that at home. I do some cable splicing too....If I have too....lol

Most of the time fishing, I tie an Egg knot....don't ask, I'd have to show ya.
:-D

Sorry friend, I'm going have to call you on that number

if you tied a knot that many times scattered over 365 days, it would mean you tie a knot 548 times a day. You would have to tie a knot 35 times an hour..16 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. Now, if you tied it in your sleep as well, you could cut your hourly rate down some but still?

and you're saying season and that doesn't even take in cable splice but..I will note that you can do the bowline in one hand in 3 seconds so if you used both hands, each tying a knot..well..

Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;-)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

kantucky.....the improved clinch knot is identical to the Trilene knot except the improved clinch knot only goes thru the eye once on some website's illustrations. . I've used it for over 30 years.

http://www.animatedknots.com/improvedcl ... dknots.com

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Jeb has a knot he favors but I can't recall the name right now.... :oops:

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”