No Trout stocking this year

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

No Trout stocking this year

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I just talk to ODNR and KY wild life. The hatchery was renovated last year and had a low trout hatching. Right now they only have 4000 trout and there going to streams and lakes up north. No stocking in southern Ohio, also Greenbo in KY didnt have a stocking this year so it looks like no trout. I wonder what they will do with the local trout derby.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: No Trout stocking this year

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great talking to you. i wished they stocked lake white here with trout.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I just talk to ODNR and KY wild life. The hatchery was renovated last year and had a low trout hatching. Right now they only have 4000 trout and there going to streams and lakes up north. No stocking in southern Ohio, also Greenbo in KY didnt have a stocking this year so it looks like no trout. I wonder what they will do with the local trout derby.
Probably release one or two and state it has been restocked. Heck, all of them drunk fishermen won't know the difference anyways ;-)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Just found out that they stocked Greenbo lake last friday.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

When you goin' to Greenbo?

They also stocked 5,500 rainbow the last part of October and 5,000 a week or so ago. I was there on the lake around Tday before the colder weather set in and I could see them everywhere in about 6' of water on my graph

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”