Steve Hayes's article on todays Comm.Common ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Steve Hayes's article on todays Comm.Common ?

Post by ManitouDan »

about deer hunters taking out family pets in a "mass extermination" style ? The article is entitled " Hunting's dirty little secret " and supposedly he interviewed several hunters about the topic. Sounds like BS to me but I'm not a serious hunter .

The jist of the article is that every fall lots of family pets turn up missing because deer hunters shoot them to protect their turf or hunting zones. He said he didnt want to tarnish the reputation of hunters who would never do this but even as a non hunter I thought the piece was an absolute slam job on hunters.

opinons ? do hunters routinely take out dogs in their hunting area ? he made it sound like it was common practice. MD

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Steve Hayes's article on todays Comm.Common ?

Post by BigBlueNation »

Thats a bunch of crap. Sounds like the animal rights idiots are making up stories again I cant believe some of the stuff these idiots come up with. I had a place to hunt several years ago the land owner told me I could hunt under one condition there was a pack of wild dogs on his property and if I had a chance he wanted me to kill the wild dogs. These dogs would stalk you to your stand and they would come to your tree and growl at least once they did anyway. These wild dogs were not afraid of any thing they were very mean. They even killed some of the land owners animals, it took awhile but they were exterminated. I can see in this case hunters killing dogs but I think if a little house dog wearing a collar comes strolling through the woods during hunting season its pretty safe. Thanks for posting that MD I didn't get to see the article.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

tag em and bag em. i never liked the neigbors dog anyway, it eats my cats food

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I think most hunters are very respectable to animals, but don't be fooled there are rogue rambo's out there,I personally know a few who have admitted they will shoot anything they can find just for the thrill of killing,this makes me sick and they know it, but they think nobody will catch them way out in the woods, and I keep telling them this will come back to haunt them someday one way or another, karma is a b**ch.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

SWbaseballFan wrote:tag em and bag em. i never liked the neigbors dog anyway, it eats my cats food
then heaven help your kitty kat if it strays on to your neighbors property..... :122247

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”