Wild boar in Vinton county

dilligaf
S

Wild boar in Vinton county

Post by dilligaf »

Anyone on here hunt for wild hogs. any tips would be appreciated
Last edited by dilligaf on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bassmaster
S

Re: Wild bore in Vinton county

Post by Bassmaster »

Unique up on em :!: :lol:

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

the best place i have heard is in zaleski.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I used to own some property along what is called the Salt Creek Narrows. We boarded a large cornfield, that Wild Hogs would feed in at night. We saw them a several times, but they were nervous and always took off. Their were some nice size Hogs in that group of 8-10. We talked to the farmer's, and they told us that those Hogs sure did a lot of damage to their corn crops. We found where they had wallowed in the mud along several small streams, but could never get a shot. I also heard about some Wild Hogs being killed during Slug Gun Deer season up along Rt 328. The Hunter supposedly had to climb a tree to get away from the rest of the hogs. Good luck to hunting these ferrell Hogs. Born & Raised in Vinton County :-D 74 Viking

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Bassmaster wrote:Unique up on em :!: :lol:

Bassmaster, That was funny!!!! :lol: :lol: Thanks I needed a laugh 74 Viking

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Thanks for the info

dilligaf
S

Re: Wild boar in Vinton county

Post by dilligaf »

Well hunted from 9 am until 5 pm saturday didnt see any wild hogs but did find a set of fresh boar tracks.I think it might have been to cold for them hogs to be moving much.I will go back this weekend try it again when i finally get one i will post the pictures on here

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

bucksbacker wrote:the best place i have heard is in zaleski.

About where around Zaleski? I only live about a mile past the powder plant, at Eberts curve and I havent seen any sign of boar anywhere near here.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Space Cowboy wrote:

About where around Zaleski? I only live about a mile past the powder plant, at Eberts curve and I havent seen any sign of boar anywhere near here.

Space Cowboy. They have been sighted along rt 328 where it gets close to the back side of Zaleski State Forest. I know of 2 younger one's and one around 200# they had been harvested. Exact spot is like getting someone to tell you where their favorite fishing is located.

Good Luck In Getting a hog :-D :-D

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

1974Viking wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:

Space Cowboy. They have been sighted along rt 328 where it gets close to the back side of Zaleski State Forest. I know of 2 younger one's and one around 200# they had been harvested. Exact spot is like getting someone to tell you where their favorite fishing is located.

Good Luck In Getting a hog :-D :-D

That isnt far from me at all.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

My nephew saw 3 hogs around 10:30 this morning less than 300 yards out from the back of my house. Might have to get me one of em. Ive never seen them before out here but it doesnt suprise me much. We see about every other kind of wild game out here.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

In was in Lancaster's newspaper with photo of a man from Fairfield County, showing a wild boar weighing 350 plus pounds with 4" trusks. He said he had killed it on the Zaleski State Forest land. He has seen several others and is still hunting for them. Space Cowboy that is close to where you live if I am not misstaken. He stated he had shot it with his high power rifle as it is legal to shot them with any firearm you choose. My self I don't think I would shot one with a Red Rider, it just doesn't have the knock down power as it did when I was a kid, and I can't run as fast as I could as a kid either. Keep an eye out for them they are multipling like crazy, and do a lot of damage to fields :-D :-D

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ive already told the boys if they go up in the field where my nephew saw 3 , to go togeather and take nothing less than their shotguns (with slugs) and each to carry a sidearm (both have 1911s and GP101s).

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Space Cowboy wrote:

SpaceCowboy.... I think he may have been talking about the the ones found in Deano's Bar on any given Saturday night in the heart of downtown Zaleski. :lol:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8
Yes and you can find some big sows in there from time to time.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Update..... My nephew came in from deer hunting yesterday and said that he had seen between 15-20 hogs a little over 2 miles west of my house.
That would put them about a mile east of the post plant on SR93, near the old dump.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Might go get me one. i know they use to run in the lil area of ray also.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”