Slow Hunting

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Slow Hunting

Post by 1darkhorse »

I've been out about a dozen times this year and I'm not seeing much. I've been all over scioto county from South Webster, Lucasville, and Otway. Any body else having a hard time pin pointing deer?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Slow Hunting

Post by Bleeding Red »

They are there. This warm weather has made it tough. This weekend you should start seeing more action with the full moon passing and cooler temps. If you dont, I say time to move!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Supposed to be dropping into the low 30s at nite next week, should heat up the action

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

The Enforcer wrote:Supposed to be dropping into the low 30s at nite next week, should heat up the action
That's good to hear! I love enjoying the outdoors just as much as the next hunter, but going out time after time again having no deer to look at is hard on the morale

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

With the warm temps, the phase of the moon and acorns all over the place makes for some tough hunting.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Known as the October lull, hunting can be brutal during warm or windy parts of the month, but it will get much better in the next 10 days.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote:Known as the October lull, hunting can be brutal during warm or windy parts of the month, but it will get much better in the next 10 days.
Amen! Bleeding Red that is for sure. I think you should see a big difference by the end of the week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

luvbigcats wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Known as the October lull, hunting can be brutal during warm or windy parts of the month, but it will get much better in the next 10 days.
Amen! Bleeding Red that is for sure. I think you should see a big difference by the end of the week.

And when it gets better, I think me and my buddy luvbigcats will be waiting on them! Stick a big one!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I just hope to get to hunt got to go back to work in the next week or two. I dont get to hunt much this time of the year because of my job. Most years I dont get to bowhunt much until the middle of Dec, it can be tough that time of year but it can also be awesome if you can stand the cold. As for sticking a big one, hope to but dont worry to much about it anymore, if it happens great if it dont fine, just enjoy spending time in the woods. Good luck! Stick a big one.

baseballvenom
Waterboy

Post by baseballvenom »

i seen a bobcat on my trail cam..if i can im going to try to trap it..and let it loose in my trailer with my wife and kids and see what is does..

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

Could that be considered animal cruelty ?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

baseballvenom wrote:i seen a bobcat on my trail cam..if i can im going to try to trap it..and let it loose in my trailer with my wife and kids and see what is does..
:122246

BlueGold23
Waterboy

Post by BlueGold23 »

The only thing I saw while I was out was a small doe. Nothing much here lately. A lot of people from Jackson County have been hitting some nice bucks this year though.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”