good catfishing trip.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

good catfishing trip.

Post by ManitouDan »

a friend of mine from the Wellston area took me and my daughter cat fishin' on Paint Creek Lake last sunday. Had a great trip , drifting with cut bait and shad. Caught 32 , kept 20 , all the smaller ones under 3 lbs , the other 12 big ones were mostly 4-6 lbs but my daughter actually nailed a trophy channel cat ---19 lbs . the guy we were fishing with said in 10 years of fishin cats including lots of tournies he has only caught 2-3 above 15 lbs. Since Im a musky guy it was cool to actually catch a bunch of fish. MD

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: good catfishing trip.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'd have loved to have been there.the lake looks awesome , not fished there yet though.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I know I got a couple new spinner baits. Took them out on the river. In about 3 hours..one was ruined by a catfish I stuck laying next to a log about 30' from the bank..the other was bent to pieces by a drum

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ManitouDan wrote:a friend of mine from the Wellston area took me and my daughter cat fishin' on Paint Creek Lake last sunday. Had a great trip , drifting with cut bait and shad. Caught 32 , kept 20 , all the smaller ones under 3 lbs , the other 12 big ones were mostly 4-6 lbs but my daughter actually nailed a trophy channel cat ---19 lbs . the guy we were fishing with said in 10 years of fishin cats including lots of tournies he has only caught 2-3 above 15 lbs. Since Im a musky guy it was cool to actually catch a bunch of fish. MD
Sounds like you and your daughter had alot of fun thats what it is all about. I mostly fish for big cats but sometimes will go to catch a bunch of smaller ones that always alot of fun. My last trip to Santee Cooper in 3 days we caught over 400 from 3 to 20 lbs, brought back 4 coolers full of fillets mostly blues man them South Carolina catfish sure are tasty. That really surprises me the guy you was fishing with said in 10 years of catfishing including tournies he has only caught 2 or 3 fish over 15lbs can understand if he was talking about channel cats. I do alot of catfishing in the Ohio and Scioto river and if I don't catch at least 1 fish over 20 to 30lbs i'm disappointed I guess I have spoiled myself. I have a 12 year old son that has probably caught around 40 fish over 20lbs I think I probably have him spoiled also. I will have to say that in all my catfishing don't know if I have caught a channel cat that size congrats to your daughter.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Manitou Dan my hat goes of to you for being a musky guy I don't have that kind of patience. I tried it one summer in scioto brush creek went 3 or 4 times caught 1. The fish that I caught he came up after the bait and missed it started the figure 8 he hit it I set the hook he came up out of the water and landed right in the boat 32inch fish, we fished 12 hours that day and that was our only fish we caught and our last musky fishing trip. Musky fisherman our truly dedicated to their sport don't see how you guys do it , but have been told several times that you either love it or hate it. My hat goes off to you all.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Sounds like a great trip. I went out the other night using chicken liver and caught 5 in a lil over 2 hours 3-8 pounders and a couple between 2 and 4 pounds.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the comments bigcats....yes were just fishing channels that day .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

luvbigcats wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:a friend of mine from the Wellston area took me and my daughter cat fishin' on Paint Creek Lake last sunday. Had a great trip , drifting with cut bait and shad. Caught 32 , kept 20 , all the smaller ones under 3 lbs , the other 12 big ones were mostly 4-6 lbs but my daughter actually nailed a trophy channel cat ---19 lbs . the guy we were fishing with said in 10 years of fishin cats including lots of tournies he has only caught 2-3 above 15 lbs. Since Im a musky guy it was cool to actually catch a bunch of fish. MD
Sounds like you and your daughter had alot of fun thats what it is all about. I mostly fish for big cats but sometimes will go to catch a bunch of smaller ones that always alot of fun. My last trip to Santee Cooper in 3 days we caught over 400 from 3 to 20 lbs, brought back 4 coolers full of fillets mostly blues man them South Carolina catfish sure are tasty. That really surprises me the guy you was fishing with said in 10 years of catfishing including tournies he has only caught 2 or 3 fish over 15lbs can understand if he was talking about channel cats. I do alot of catfishing in the Ohio and Scioto river and if I don't catch at least 1 fish over 20 to 30lbs i'm disappointed I guess I have spoiled myself. I have a 12 year old son that has probably caught around 40 fish over 20lbs I think I probably have him spoiled also. I will have to say that in all my catfishing don't know if I have caught a channel cat that size congrats to your daughter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------dude pm me, we gotta get together in live on lake white here in waverly.i love catfishin.pm me, i'll send you my phone number.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in the past several days , i have caught a 13 pounder, and an 11 pounder.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:in the past several days , i have caught a 13 pounder, and an 11 pounder.
wow !!! what do you put in your dough balls ??

here's a photo of a 14 pounder i caught yesterday.

:lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHEATIES, A LIL ANISE OIL, AND SOME VANILLA.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”