Waterboy

Trail Cams

Post by Shavony »

What is the best trail cam?

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Re: Trail Cams

Post by Baz55 »

Its really all about how much money you want to spend....check out chasingame.com there are A LOT of camera reviews on there. Hope it helps. I prefer the DLC Covert2. Super fast trigger speed, long distance, great IR pics, about the size of a popcan, and the batteries last forever ( had the same set of cheap Rayovacs in it since May and still have full battery life)
I also make my own trail cameras as well...
Homebrew S-40 camera
DLC Nighttime pic
Day Time DLC

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good pictures!

I like the Moultrie I40 trail cameras. Great cameras for around $200. Fast trigger speed, good pic quality and great battery life. The Bushnell Trophy Cam is very small and has the above features too, same price range.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

It's hard to beat the Covert 2's and Bushnell's for quality pics, price and battery life. I also have an older Leaf River flash cam that just keeps on taking great pic after great pic and the battery life is good on it too.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Nice pictures Bazz. I'd hate to see you lose a camera that takes pictures that nice.....so I'll volunteer to come out in about a month with my bow and guard that DLC camera for you... no charge, either. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

lol... i think i might be stationed close to that one ;)

I actually have 10 different bucks that are 125 or better on that one mineral site... the big bucks have pretty much stopped hitting the minerals and transitioned to the beans...

Here are a couple more pics :)
PS: ALL these bucks are public land deer :shock:

Shavony
Waterboy

Post by Shavony »

Thank you for the info. I like the DLC and will probably be going with it.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”