Tennessee Non-resident Fishing License - OUCH

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Tennessee Non-resident Fishing License - OUCH

Post by kantuckyII »

Jeesh - geesh! just checked the rates..this is nuts! 50 bucks for 10 days..80 bucks for annual non-resident. Holy Cow! I can fish for a week in Alabama for 26 dollars.

Ace
Freshman Team

Re: Tennessee Non-resident Fishing License - OUCH

Post by Ace »

You can fish in Alabama for $24 less, but how much more in gas is it gonna cost you to get down there compared to Tennessee? That's assuming you drive down. And if you break it down by daily rates, you're only talking $5 per day in Tennessee compared to $3.71 in Alabama.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, true. I think I might do better in Alabama though. I called last night and found a place to stay starting Sunday night for a week or so. If I was going to fish in Tennessee, it would have been on Kentucky Lake in Paris, Kentucky so the drive would have been comparable. What's probably winning me over though is that the temps in Alabama are projected to be a few more better than in Paris. The weather prediction for next week (subject to change ;-) ) is awesome...low 70's for daytime..upper and mid 40's at night. They're wrapping up the national tournament down there tomorrow and it appears they got some lousy weather

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

However...again, I feel that fishing in Kentucky Lake might cater to my strong point, fishing jigs. I can't help but think (at least sitting in my computer room) that I KNOW where the fish will be on Kentucky. Guntersville? I'll have to search for them. I hope they've moved to shallow water and aren't on deep water structure as I'll be lost then

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes but TN s u c k s and Alamaba doesn't . (I hate the big orange) lol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its hard to beat Gunnersville in the spring. I have heard it is great in the fall too after the grass starts dying out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SUPPOSED TO BE HOT IN GUNTERSVILLE RIGHT NOW , WITH TOPWATER FROGS AND SWIMBAITS RIGGED SIDEWAYS TO GET THROUGH THE GRASS.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh, it is not YTB, where did you hear that? their tournament a couple weeks ago was poor - the pro's were struggling with 15 lbs bags and those were the winners.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

S Carolina use to be real reasonable for a 7 day license but i haven't been down to Santee Cooper for several years so it may have went up. I'm thinking i paid around $15 but i may be mistaken. They say the mind is the first thing to go....

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”