Should rifles be permited for deer hunting in Ohio?

Should the state of Ohio be able to hunt deer with a rifle

Total votes: 0

Vladd
Freshman Team

Re: Should rifles be permited for deer hunting in Ohio?

Post by Vladd »

Another possible problem with allowing rifles is thatiin my hunting area where my family owns a quite large block of land, we still have a serious problem with people being able to read all the signs we have posted "Hunting With permission Only" signs we have posted everywhere. We really don't mind other people hunting on our properties, but man it gets old year in and year out the large amount of people who trespass onto our properties with no clue who'sand their on or where they are at. that is why we started posting it in the first place. We really got tired when we would be on our own property and have a safe organized hunt poing on, and next thing you know we have a group of 10 or more start blasting away right in the middle of the people we have hunting. It never fails, when you ask them who gave them written permission they say they had persission from so and so and it never is anyone we have ever heard of. I can understand if these were new properties we had purchased, but this problem has been going on for over 30 years. If someone has the dencency to come and ask for permission to hunt on our properties, we seldom have turned anyone down. We have even hunted other places because of the fact that we gave other hunters the on to hunt in a certain day. We are hunters ourselves and all we ask is just ask and we will try our best to work things out. But is ruins our hunt when people think they can just go anywhere they want. I don't hunt elsewhere I have not gotten written permission first and checked to make sure the day or days I want to hunt that no one else will be there for safety reasons above all other reasons. I have had way too many close calls where you can hear a slug/s slapping the trees and ground all around me. I can't imagine what would happen if these nuts, as I do not call them real hunters because of the their unsafe actions. I am not s sring chicken anymore but when slugs are close enough to me to hear them hitting all around me, I can turn into a world's class sprinter in a heartbeat. But I know I can't out run a slug much less than a high powered rifle.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Another possible problem with allowing rifles is thatiin my hunting area where my family owns a quite large block of land, we still have a serious problem with people being able to read all the signs we have posted "Hunting With permission Only" signs we have posted everywhere. We really don't mind other people hunting on our properties, but man it gets old year in and year out the large amount of people who trespass onto our properties with no clue who'sand their on or where they are at. that is why we started posting it in the first place. We really got tired when we would be on our own property and have a safe organized hunt poing on, and next thing you know we have a group of 10 or more start blasting away right in the middle of the people we have hunting. It never fails, when you ask them who gave them written permission they say they had persission from so and so and it never is anyone we have ever heard of. I can understand if these were new properties we had purchased, but this problem has been going on for over 30 years. If someone has the dencency to come and ask for permission to hunt on our properties, we seldom have turned anyone down. We have even hunted other places because of the fact that we gave other hunters the on to hunt in a certain day. We are hunters ourselves and all we ask is just ask and we will try our best to work things out. But is ruins our hunt when people think they can just go anywhere they want. I don't hunt elsewhere I have not gotten written permission first and checked to make sure the day or days I want to hunt that no one else will be there for safety reasons above all other reasons. I have had way too many close calls where you can hear a slug/s slapping the trees and ground all around me. I can't imagine what would happen if these nuts, as I do not call them real hunters because of the their unsafe actions. I am not s sring chicken anymore but when slugs are close enough to me to hear them hitting all around me, I can turn into a world's class sprinter in a heartbeat. But I know I can't out run a slug much less than a high powered rifle.
Ive got 97 acres out near Allensville that has been in my family for 6 generations, and every year, I still hear that so-and-so gave them permission to hunt. Like you, I dont mind people hunting on it, but Im starting to get nasty with some of them.....especially when they want to get an attitude back at me. Im about to the point where I will start confiscating firearms, 4 wheelers, and trucks. Ive even caught people dumping trash and cutting firewood.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I know this is wishful thinking. but wouldnt the world be such a better place if every man respected the other man's property? i just laughed a little.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”