Lake Guntersville Warning

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Lake Guntersville Warning

Post by kantuckyII »

Talked to a guy who works at the sporting goods store where I go to last night. He was telling me that him and several others just got back from Guntersville. While he was there, a cop came over and told them that they should watch where they park and kinda stick together as they have had three people's windshields busted who were from out of state because the locals are upset over the guy's raping the lake. I sure don't think that's right..obviously!

however..it was funny as I had just discussed this the night before last with someone as.....I DOOOOOOOOOOO have a plan to make the entire lake and all lakes totally and completely catch and release that I believe will please everyone...and I'm going to start publishing it soon on a website and see if we can get a petition going

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: Lake Guntersville Warning

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:.....I DOOOOOOOOOOO have a plan to make the entire lake and all lakes totally and completely catch and release that I believe will please everyone...and I'm going to start publishing it soon on a website and see if we can get a petition going
1. You'll NEVER get it accomplished.
God didn't put those fish there for your cruel pleasure.

2. If you do get it accomplished you'll get more than your windshield busted. :lol:

Haven't you ever read the Bible ??

Give a man a fish and you've FED him for a day.
Teach him to fish and you'll FEED him for a lifetime.

FEED & FED = To EAT !!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

however..it was funny as I had just discussed this the night before last with someone as.....I DOOOOOOOOOOO have a plan to make the entire lake and all lakes totally and completely catch and release that I believe will please everyone...and I'm going to start publishing it soon on a website and see if we can get a petition going[/quote]

What will long john silvers do???

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:.....I DOOOOOOOOOOO have a plan to make the entire lake and all lakes totally and completely catch and release that I believe will please everyone...and I'm going to start publishing it soon on a website and see if we can get a petition going
1. You'll NEVER get it accomplished.
God didn't put those fish there for your cruel pleasure.

2. If you do get it accomplished you'll get more than your windshield busted. :lol:

Haven't you ever read the Bible ??

Give a man a fish and you've FED him for a day.
Teach him to fish and you'll FEED him for a lifetime.

FEED & FED = To EAT !!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Eat catfish or carp? why not bluegill or crappie? Water dogs would be good for you...and I'm quite sure that ain't in the Bible lol

Oh...there's no way in the world after a few years people would even think of going back. Consider WV's Stonewall Jackson, it's crowded as could be there and the best lake in the state. People come from all over the area to fish in that lake because it IS catch and release only and the catches show the difference. Large bass and lots of them. Meat hunters like you would be glad to eat carp from the lake I'm sure. Get you some Wheaties and enjoy one of those big orange slabs. Seriously, why not?

I do have a great plan in mind to make everyone happy, except meat hunters and most them will just migrate to a more suitable species for them. It will, ensure great catches of not only numbers but size too and it will allow tournaments as well. It's a WIN WIN solution!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

LOOK OUT BUBBA.....YOU"RE GONNA GET SWAMPED !!!

"First of all, I must confess that I'm not a fishing tournament guy; however, it's obvious that fishing tournaments are definitely here to stay. Just look at one of the televised major fishing tournaments and you may see 15,000 people jammed in a stadium as they patiently wait for the fishing competitors to have their bass weighed. Today, these tournaments easily outdraw some of the NBA basketball games.

An item in the Nov.-Dec. issue of the International Angler, IGFA's informative newsletter, caught my attention:

"The ESPN programmers intend to turn pro bassin' into the next sports culture with householod heroes, patterned after the promotion and marketing of the NASCAR circuits," the newsletter reported.

Whoa!

I don't watch NASCAR, but I do know that it is a very popular, fast-growing event, so it's going to require some very ambitious and creative marketing for fishing tournaments to begin to approach NASCAR's immense following.

Most of the fishermen I know claim that they've watched several Bassmaster and other tournaments on TV, but after a few minutes they reach for the remote channel changer. Click!

Watching a two- or three-pound bass literally surfed across the water's surface isn't their idea of spine-tingling TV excitement, they explain. Nor mine.

According to the IGFA newsletter, ESPN president George Bodenheimer is certainly aware of this and recently approached Ray Scott, the founder of B.A.S.S. and the Bassmaster tournaments.

"Ray, in your opinion, what can we do to make this more exciting?" Bodenheimer asked.
:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

LOOK OUT, BUBBA, YOUR FAVORITE "SPORT" IS GOING THE WAY OF THE DINO-SOUR :razz: BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:
Consider WV's Stonewall Jackson, it's crowded as could be there and the best lake in the state. People come from all over the area to fish in that lake
As a kid I always enjoyed DODG'EM CARS at places like Camden Park and Coney Island but I don't think I would go too much for DODG'EM BOATS and FLYING HOOKS on ANY lake as you apparently would. :mrgreen:
Sounds like loads of fun and the place to be to me.

Here's my plan to make you happy:
I'll buy your W. Va. annual fishing license if you'll leave for Stonewall Jackson tomorrow and not come back 'til Dec. 15th, 2011.

Now, get cha some of that !!! :mrgreen:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:
Eat catfish or carp? why not bluegill or crappie? Water dogs would be good for you...and I'm quite sure that ain't in the Bible lol
Well, since fishing for FOOD was on this earth LOOOONG before tournaments and "lazy guys that don't have anything better to do" fishing, perhaps you should give way to the longest tradition and start FISHING for Carp and Catfish and quit disturbing MY fish.
I have a good recipe for doughballs I got from Ba** so you could start on them ol' turdrollers tomorrow.
Sounds fair to me.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Catch and what?!?!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

boo, i wondered where my wheatie ball recipe went. :-D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Got back from Guntersville and still have all of the original glass in my truck :122245

The only time I was worried about vandalism was when we went out for a while night fishing and had to leave the truck and trailer at the launch from 10pm to 1am. We parked right under a large light pole where it was lit up.

Never heard of any vandalism, but we went in several places to eat lunch on the lake that had signs put up inside telling fisherman that "If you are a meat hunter, we dont like you or want you here. If you want to eat fish at Guntersville, go to Captain D's or Long John Silvers."

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

How'd you do? man, I've only gotten to fish 2 half days all year so far and it's going to be over a week before I can go again. It's killing me!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

kantuckyII wrote:How'd you do? man, I've only gotten to fish 2 half days all year so far and it's going to be over a week before I can go again. It's killing me!

A cold front came through early last week down there along with severe storms. It had the bite messed up through most of the week. We got down there on Wednesday and fished through Sunday. We caught close to 30 each the first day, then the temps came up and we started catching a decent amount of fish. It wasnt the 100 bass a day we caught down there last year in April, but we still did well. Biggest bass from our group (2 boats) was 7lbs. I caught probably 20 over 4lbs and had 5-6 over 5lbs. My biggest was right at 6lbs.

There were several guys down there last week from our area that litterally only caught 10 bass each in 3 days. The bite was that far off.

Anyone going down there at the end of this week and next week should be able to catch plenty of fish down there.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That's why I started going after the spawn now the last few years. Might not catch as many but I've gotten nailed by those cold fronts before. However, sounds like you done pretty darned good to me..maybe not like in the past but still? you sure won't do that at Grayson lol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Our local lakes are very poor for both quality and quantity when compared to what you can catch with just a 5-7 hour drive from here.

Dont get me wrong, I have had good days at some of our local lakes. But I have had very few bad days when at places that we take trips to.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

As much as I love to fish, I am so confused that I remained in this area all my life. Go figure?!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

As much as I love to fish, I am so confused that I remained in this area all my life. Go figure?!

I wonder why I moved back here after fishing places like Sam Rayburn and lake fork.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

So you can nail one 9" bass after another?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

A man from Louisa Kentucky had his truck keyed from one end to the other at Lake Guntersville last week. Some of you might know him, his first name is George and he used to fish out of a LONG red Bullet bassboat

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

kantuckyII wrote:A man from Louisa Kentucky had his truck keyed from one end to the other at Lake Guntersville last week. Some of you might know him, his first name is George and he used to fish out of a LONG red Bullet bassboat

Wow that sucks. I know the locals down there are getting really upset over people keeping fish out of the lake.

The did a study this year and found that there are 35% LESS bass in Gville than there was last year.

IMO, they should make Gville a catch and release only lake for the next 2 years and let the population build back up beyond what it even used to be.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

DO you know who I'm talking about Bleeding Red?

The thing is though, I believe the locals are raping that lake too. You can only harvest so many bass, even in a lake like that, before you begin to really impact it. It's a shame that Kentuckians are getting the blame only when I am quite sure the local boys are taking a lot and those from Tennessee and Ohio as well. I know if a guy who put the knife to an 8 lb bass down there about 10 or so years ago. Some of the locals came to talk to him about it a couple days later but he was already back in Ohio.

One thing though...if out of state people do stop going down there to fish, can you imagine the impact it would have on their local economy? Hotels, campgrounds, groceries, gasoline, fishing license etc etc it would all add up

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”