New toy

Boonedawg
S

New toy

Post by Boonedawg »

vltor forged upper, 16 inch black hole weaponry 3 groove polygonal match barrel, rock river arms mil spec lower parts kit. Adams Arms piston kit, Vltor casv hand guard with yankee hill machine front flip up iron sights and an A.R.M.S L40 rear sight. 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards. Going to start building an upper for it soon running either the 6.8 spc or the .300 blackout. Leaning to the 6.8 right now for the reach out and touch somebody range.

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: New toy

Post by The Enforcer »

That thing is Sweet!!!!! Why didnt You go with a black scope?

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

That's just an old red dot off one of my .22's. Can't wait to scrape the coin for an eotech before i get out and shoot it. :122245

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

I use the EOTech and Ive used the Surefire, both I recommend, but I use them exclusivly on shotguns. Let me know how well they work past 100 yds. I also like the 6.8 but you will probably want to consider getting the dies and reloading over purchasing the ammo.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Boonedawg wrote:Image

vltor forged upper, 16 inch black hole weaponry 3 groove polygonal match barrel, rock river arms mil spec lower parts kit. Adams Arms piston kit, Vltor casv hand guard with yankee hill machine front flip up iron sights and an A.R.M.S L40 rear sight. 1.5 inch groups at 100 yards. Going to start building an upper for it soon running either the 6.8 spc or the .300 blackout. Leaning to the 6.8 right now for the reach out and touch somebody range.

Looks great. I have a tricked out DPMS with the flat top upper, grip pod, red dot, 5x slide out magnifier.....the works. Love mine. Very fun to shoot to say the least. I hope you enjoy it, and I would definitely recommend the grip pod.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Those grip pods are pretty spendy. The whole vertical foregrip thing feels foreign to me. I may give one of those magpul angled ones a try, they feel a little more natural to me. I'm saving my nickles now for either an eotech or an aimpoint micro. Not too concerned with a magnified scope for this rifle, I have better choices than the 223/5.56 for long range work.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cool new rabbit gun, big guy.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Boonedawg wrote:Those grip pods are pretty spendy. The whole vertical foregrip thing feels foreign to me. I may give one of those magpul angled ones a try, they feel a little more natural to me. I'm saving my nickles now for either an eotech or an aimpoint micro. Not too concerned with a magnified scope for this rifle, I have better choices than the 223/5.56 for long range work.
The boys ordered me a Sightmark dual shot out of Cheaper than Dirt for about $80.
All my shootin buds said it wouldnt hold up on my tactical shotgun but Ive put hundreds of rounds through the gun and the Sightmark has held up well. They also have UTG red and green dot sights starting around $30 to $50 but I dont have much experience with UTG.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Been awhile since we heard anything about your new toy. Havin any luck?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Boonedawg wrote:Those grip pods are pretty spendy. The whole vertical foregrip thing feels foreign to me. I may give one of those magpul angled ones a try, they feel a little more natural to me. I'm saving my nickles now for either an eotech or an aimpoint micro. Not too concerned with a magnified scope for this rifle, I have better choices than the 223/5.56 for long range work.

Check out Slide Fire. Google it. Watch the You Tube videos.

I dropped $349 for it and I can honestly say it is worth every penny if you want to have some serious fun with your AR.

baseballvenom
Waterboy

Post by baseballvenom »

I want to french kiss this fine piece of machinery..your a LUCKY person..i bet you drive a nice car with a heater!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Seen those slide fires, not really my gig. Been running a few local 3 gun matches. Tell ya what it's a lot of fun and will show you where you need to practice on your skills real quick.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”