ohio river fishing

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

ohio river fishing

Post by buckeyes41 »

have been fishing the ohio river for bass and doin pretty good. Caught 7 spots this past weekend early in the morning on a buzzbait. Only fished about a little over an hour. Smallies and largemouth are starting to nest. Anyone else doin any good?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: ohio river fishing

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Havent been on the River yet this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i miss fishing the ohio. i'll have to settle for scioto now, for the most part.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ROFL, you're only like what, 25 minutes from the Ohio River. How far were you when you lived in Kitts Hill?

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

havent been on the river yet this year. was on yatesville lake 2x this past weekend, friday and today. friday was a good day caught about 7 and 4 were good keepers over 15" but today was tough. had 1 keeper all day. the water temp is 67 you would think they would be stacked up in the coves on beds but that wasnt the case. i plan to get out on the river one day this week in the eve. the little sandy has been chocolate milk, the last few days i expected the river to be a little too dirty yet. good to hear they are biting.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Me and my oldest son bass fished the river sunday evening and done pretty good caught 12 in a couple hours. Would've liked to been fishing a tournament with our top 5 fish we probably would had around 9lbs which is good on the river considering all the baitfish and we fished behind another boat. We caught mostly spots no smallmouth.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What was you using?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:What was you using?
Strike King series 3 crankbaits, I'm not telling the colors. :lol: :lol: :lol: SORRY.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You don't have to worry about Oz, he doesn't fish crankbaits or jigs

....uh, how many cats did you catch? seems anytime that I toss a crankbait very long, I have at least one cat that tears up my crank bait, literally

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kantuckyII wrote:You don't have to worry about Oz, he doesn't fish crankbaits or jigs

....uh, how many cats did you catch? seems anytime that I toss a crankbait very long, I have at least one cat that tears up my crank bait, literally
One and there is a big gar swimming around somewhere with a crankbait is his mouth.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hmmmmmmmm bonus crankbait! Oz will kill himself trying to find that gar to see what color you was a using!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

kantuckyII wrote:Hmmmmmmmm bonus crankbait! Oz will kill himself trying to find that gar to see what color you was a using!
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have no room for crank baits, dont like and never could catch a fish with them around here but did like them in Texas.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I have no room for crank baits, dont like and never could catch a fish with them around here but did like them in Texas.
That's just about the only thing I throw on our part of the river and about the only place I throw them, but will throw a buzzbait and some plastic every once in awhile. If my 13year old son wasn't ate up with bass fishing I would not fish for them at all. That's the only way I can get him to fish anymore if it's bass fishing, so I make the sacrifice.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”