Rain gear

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Rain gear

Post by BigBlueNation »

Found out today I need to buy me some quality rain gear for fishing. My buddy talked me in to going to Grayson this morning and got drownded. I have some FroggToggs but don't like them,so I bought some from BPS not to long ago and it was a waste of about $90.00 bucks. Any suggestions.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Rain gear

Post by Bleeding Red »

I had the same problem with Frogg Toggs. Completely overrated IMO.

I have the BPS Pro Qualifier bibs and jacket/parka. They are not cheap, but I bought mine a couple years back during the big February fishing sale at the BPS in Cincy.

I have fished in complete downpours at G-ville and St Clair and never got a drop of water inside of them.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I spent a lot of money on BPS's Dry As A Bone and the only thing dry, is my bones. The jacket isn't too bad but the pants? not so good as where I'm sitting down..I got soaked from the knee to the crotch

Frogtoggs? how do they stay in business?

Now, I don't know if you're ever considered it but....as for me, I can't wear a hooded jacket. I broke my neck when I was young and it causes me a lot of pain and if I wear a hood, I'm miserable so I bought me one of these a few years back. Yes, it's expensive but I wouldn't be without it. Not only is it more comfy than a hood, it keeps your head dry and...you can hear clearly as your ears aren't blocked. It has materal sewed in the brim that makes it float too. The brim is very wide so no water runs down your back or drips on your face. If you take care of it, and don't lose it, it'll last you for many years I'm sure. I don't believe you'll ever regret getting one if you do

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Research- ... r_ap_fbt_2

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh, and I dearly LOVE fishing in a slow steady rain! I love the solitude you usually enjoy on the lake - it's really nice. My dream day is to never see another human all day long lol. Needless to say, you don't see me fishing tournaments and I've only fished with another person a handful of times in years

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote:I had the same problem with Frogg Toggs. Completely overrated IMO.

I have the BPS Pro Qualifier bibs and jacket/parka. They are not cheap, but I bought mine a couple years back during the big February fishing sale at the BPS in Cincy.

I have fished in complete downpours at G-ville and St Clair and never got a drop of water inside of them.
Thanks Bleeding Red. I looked at the one you have and the 100mph ones and yes they are not cheap. I think I will wait and try to catch them on sale too.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

luvbigcats wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I had the same problem with Frogg Toggs. Completely overrated IMO.

Thanks Bleeding Red. I looked at the one you have and the 100mph ones and yes they are not cheap. I think I will wait and try to catch them on sale too.

A buddy of mine has the 100mph suit. It is very nice, especially early spring and fall when it gets colder. But it is a bit warm for my taste. Thats why I liked the Pro Qualifier suit better. Not as hot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm a cheapskate, i have an ole army poncho from the army /navy store. it'll get the job done, lol

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”