SEOPS HO

Anyone fishing?

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

In this heat and are they biting?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Anyone fishing?

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was catching a lot of fish before the river came up was catching white bass, sauger ,walleye, smallmouth and spots on crankbaits. The catfishing been tough this year for bigfish there is so much commercial fishing on the river its getting a lot harder to catch big fish. I have caught several cats in the twenties but that was back in the winter and early spring. Went to lake white a couple of weeks ago fished from 6:30 to 3:30 and only caught 3 small bass.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What are you catching the bass on

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Crankbaits and some plastic

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Me and my son fished the river today and on my third or forth cast I caught a 14lb musky on a crankbait sure was a pretty good fight on a 6'9" med heavy casting rod, very strong fish. Didn't have anything to measure it. My son told me just like you always tell me dad you never know what your gonna catch in this ole river. The bass surely was biting very good only caught 3.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'm working out of town in southern pa. Been catching some nice smallies this past month several 2 to 3 pounders with the biggest over 4. It is catch and release in the area I'm fishing and in april and may you are not even aloud to fish for smallies.
Was told by the game warden that the fish are not reproducing like they should so that is the reason for the restrictions. I have been fishing the susquehanna river and some of its tributaries.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Waiting for the lake to freeze. Then ice fishing !

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Caught some good catfish the day after thanksgiving in the ohio river. Caught two under 10 two in the teens a 20, 24, 28, 34 and a 39 all blues it was a pretty good day.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

That's fish is on My target list in 2014, I've never caught a Blue Cat but would love to hook into a big one

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”