What does SEO carry for CCW?

The D
JV Team

What does SEO carry for CCW?

Post by The D »

Going to take my class in a couple months, wondering what you all carry?

right now I'm looking at three options for mine:

1) H&K USP compact
2) Sig Sauer P239
3) Taurus 24/7 compact

Badboy
Varsity

Re: What does SEO carry for CCW?

Post by Badboy »

both the hk and sig are great choices. not a big fan of the taurus.

kimber has the new solo which is a 9mm. outstanding little gun but you cant feed it cheap ammo. it will only eat the good stuff. expensive to shoot, but most people dont shoot their ccw very often anyways.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

If price doesn't bother you, the Kimber ultra carry in .45 ACP is an excellent handgun as is the Glock22 in .40S&W.
Personally, I just put up with the bulk of a full size 1911

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

+ 1 KIMBER

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Ruger SR40

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

.357 SMITH AND WESSON, AND I DON'T HIDE IT.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

Elmer is just a wabbit hunter but wanders why in the world wood any bodies bee wanting to carry something as heavy as a Kimbers 1911 in a 9mm, which elders thinks is a crappie round! If'uun you be carry that kimber (which Elmer lubs) then go aheads and use the 45 cause that'is the ways 2 goes. You cant beats the 45

kimber in 9? Elmer pukes!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Can't go wrong with a Sig Sauer...or the Gloch 40.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Taurus 9mm Millineum. Hasn't locked up yet and I get cheapest ammo I can find.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:12 pm Taurus 9mm Millineum. Hasn't locked up yet and I get cheapest ammo I can find.
I liked that gun when you let me shoot it out at the trails that time. You got your CCW now, Bolt? Didn't know that. I haven't got mine yet, but I got a cheap high point 40, and it's olive drab green in color. :lol: It locks up at times, but didn't the last time a shot it with ole JA. :lol: Went through about two boxes of bullets too.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

No been wanting to get it but just never got around to it yet. Bigger fish to fry right now. I call it my CFHP ( Carry for home protection) floor or ceiling ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:15 pm floor or ceiling ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: The floor would be the decision for me. :lol: :lol: Ole PW. What a character he was. Never know what he would say. He was definitely a mystery type guy with what he was thinking. Remember onetime he said all these houses around here had little camper sinks. :lol: :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SIG SAUER P320 9mm
Springfield XDS 45
Springfield XD 40mm
Glock21 45acp
Ruger LCR 38 special +P
Ruger LCP .380
CZ SP-01 9mm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I did mine with sheriff Charlie reader here in pike county, before he was elected sheriff he was employed at the prosecutor's office. I did mine at bill William's gun shop out on 772, near Bainbridge. shortly after that the gunshop caught fire and burned down.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

GLOCK 19 GEN 5

Pathfinder278
Waterboy

Post by Pathfinder278 »

Big fan of the Smith & Wesson shield line of pistols myself. I carry the 2.0 45acp and the first gen 9mm depending on how I'm dressed that day.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am SIG SAUER P320 9mm
Springfield XDS 45
Springfield XD 40mm
Glock21 45acp
Ruger LCR 38 special +P
Ruger LCP .380
CZ SP-01 9mm
All at once?! How you keep your pants up?! 🙃

Just being silly
Last edited by kantucky on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Ruger LCP 380, no, it's not the most ideal personal carry but my its easy to carry. Drop in front pocket and I forget it's there

Also, I like the ability to palm it in my hand and keep it concealed. I've done that a couple times when I've been approached in an isolated area and alone. First thing someone would want to do is gain your trust and then knock you to the ground. With it in your palm, the next thing they'd experience is that man shooting them while on his back in their gut.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

kantucky wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am Ruger LCP 380, no, it's not the most ideal personal carry but my its easy to carry. Drop in front pocket and I forget it's there

Also, I like the ability to palm it in my hand and keep it concealed. I've done that a couple times when I've been approached in an isolated area and alone. First thing someone would want to do is gain your trust and then knock you to the ground. With it in your palm, the next thing they'd experience is that man shooting them while on his back in their gut.
I like those little 380's. Handy and fits the hand like a glove. No knock down power, but will get the job done when in time of need. If not, fire again. My neighbor has one and I loved the way it felt in my hand. I know where you are coming from, Kantucky. Feels good and comfy in your hand.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:05 pm
kantucky wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am Ruger LCP 380, no, it's not the most ideal personal carry but my its easy to carry. Drop in front pocket and I forget it's there

I like those little 380's. Handy and fits the hand like a glove. No knock down power, but will get the job done when in time of need. If not, fire again. My neighbor has one and I loved the way it felt in my hand. I know where you are coming from, Kantucky. Feels good and comfy in your hand.
I like Rurger’s cheap compact guns

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”