Waterboy

Frog Gigging

Post by coonhunter »

I did a lot of gigging this summer and really enjoyed it

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Frog Gigging

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I did a ton of that back in the day about 14 surgeries ago.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Not a wimp by far but haven't got the heart to do this either. If I would have to survive out in the elements I'd be in deep trouble. I'd have to plan like a squirrel I guess. Gather and store nuts and stuff for the long winter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we had fish frys all the time. gigged frogs, noodled turtles, set jugs for catfish n turtles, set trotlines n limb lines. would go panfishing and just slay the bluegill n crappie and clean stuff all day. I never did eat much bass, never could bring myself to do anything but throw them back I always catch n release bass. I absolutely love walleye, but have never caught one. I love turtle soup n fried turtle neck. frog legs are the bomb if done right. and you can't beat eatin a fresh caught channel cat with some frishe's tartar sauce, and some fries n hushpuppies n cole slaw. I love perch too, but haven't caught many.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've ate groundhog stew before, but kinda stringy for me. I ain't much on venison, and other beeves like that. I love hog meat and pork. but mostly what I eat is fish. I don't hunt. squirrel and rabbit hunted a few times but too much of an animal lover. I'd say 95% of everything I catch I release. so I can catch it again. I ran with buddies in high school that would eat anything and hunted everything that flew, crawled, ran or swam and several of them have passed on. I rarely do it anymore. I praise god when I fish kiss em, n throw em back, except for that occasional chubby channel cat.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Eating all that wild stuff might have been what got them. I have heard you don't want to eat too much fish out of these city rivers and streams because of high PCB and mercury levels. My brother eat a lot of fish he caught and a lot of wild game he hunted when he was younger and he died when he was 46.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:40 am Eating all that wild stuff might have been what got them. I have heard you don't want to eat too much fish out of these city rivers and streams because of high PCB and mercury levels. My brother eat a lot of fish he caught and a lot of wild game he hunted when he was younger and he died when he was 46.
I liked ole Bill. Miss him when I come up there. Always had long conversations with him about many things. The classic tea making saying he had that I will always remember. "Quickest way I know to cool it off" :D Loved that. 8-)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Dang maybe i should stop eating what i like. Frog legs venison catfish never had turtle but would love to try it..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 pm Not a wimp by far but haven't got the heart to do this either. If I would have to survive out in the elements I'd be in deep trouble. I'd have to plan like a squirrel I guess. Gather and store nuts and stuff for the long winter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You mean people kill these animals and just don't drive down to the local piggly wiggly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 am Dang maybe i should stop eating what i like. Frog legs venison catfish never had turtle but would love to try it..
you would like it I spect.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Some of these older ladies I been eating are really wild. Sort of gamey taste based on how long they had those depends on. When we used to eat frog legs if you put ‘em in the pan quickly they would kick around. Nothing like these little old ladies from the senior center though. They wiggle like crazy when you eat them.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”