This Year

General Chat
BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

This Year

Post by BurgBalla »

How are the different schools band programs doing this year?

I know Chesapeake has most of their show done, and Rock Hill looks a lot better. Also, I hear Coal Grove lost their percussion instructor, and a good bit of their players.

How is everyone else doing?

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Re: This Year

Post by grndma1 »

Jackson has over 140 members this year. They had meet the band night last week. Looked and sounded really good. Mr. Rex and his assistants have done a wonderful job.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

Is Jackson a competition band or pep band? I have never seen their band before.

Also, Rock Hill now has their entire show on the field, and South Point has at least three songs on. Most of the Scioto County bands are performing at the fair this week, and not working on the show right now. We will see how they do against the Lawrence/Jackson/Gallia County bands, I guess.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Jackson is a show band, but haven't seen them perform at competitions. Minford Falcons competition show this season is called "Heartbeat". They sounded really strong at the fair and they also have been invited to Next July Independance Day Parade in Washington DC....Quite an honor.
South Webster has a great band this season around 80 members, with Minford Alum Ryan Donini leading the way. Shame they don't have a football team, to march on the field every week, but might see them at some comps and the river days parade coming up.
Best of luck to all the area bands this season!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logan just finished up pre-band camp and are heading into band camp this week.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The Coal Grove Hornet Band of Pride has their entire show on the field and our new percussion instructor has that section sounding better than it ever has. Should be a good year for the Band of Pride.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

2trap_4ever wrote:The Coal Grove Hornet Band of Pride has their entire show on the field and our new percussion instructor has that section sounding better than it ever has. Should be a good year for the Band of Pride.
Any idea how many kids they have in the band this year?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I want to say close to 60 but I am not really sure, only thing I know is I have heard them practicing and they are looking great with the marching and sounding great with the music.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

got what watch the Logan Marching Chieftains last night... WOW they sounded great!!! all 138 members.

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

seen trimble band look and sound alot better this year

Return to “The Off season”