S

OMEA State Finals Bands by Class

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Number of Bands by Class as of 10/22/2013
C Bands – 7
B Bands – 18
A Bands – 40
AA Bands – 40

I have watched over the last few years as fewer and fewer C bands make it to state finals, what can be done about this, I mean this year there are more class A bands then Class C and B combined. It looks like the OMEA is trying to shut out the smaller schools, I think it is time for their to be a small school uprising about this. Also, while on this topic is the disparity of 1 rankings at state between the classes, last year one class C band received a one, it seems that once you make it to state smaller schools are judged as if they are a AA band instead of what they truly are.

mglight88
SE

Re: OMEA State Finals Bands by Class

Post by mglight88 »

Qualify for state this year has taken on more meaning than In years past. Previous, marching bands made state by obtaining so many points. This year, points is not the measure. Bands must receive a I or a superior rating in four areas to qualify. There was one comp, I witnessed where a band received several trophies based on their performance in their class, but did not qualify for state. However, another band received only one trophy, but qualified for state.
Hats off to local schools who made state. (Minford, Portsmouth West and Northwest) to name a few, plus I believe Wellston, South Point, Chesapeake also have made it.

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Re: OMEA State Finals Bands by Class

Post by BurgBalla »

Rock Hill made it today, also Coal Grove has made it.

Return to “The Off season”