Cheerleaders! Who had the best this year!?!

General Chat
warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Cheerleaders! Who had the best this year!?!

Post by warriiorfan »

They work hard too, should give them their due... Who do you think had the best routine or whatever they call it!?! :122248

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Cheerleaders! Who had the best this year!?!

Post by ManitouDan »

If you really want an opinion I'll give you one ------- do away with the whole mess of them ---let them still "do their thing" at competetions but quit dragging them out to games they have very little interest in. They can have their flipping contest and head bobbing , smiling contest and award a big trophy to the winner. But could we just do away with the "cheerleader" title ---90% are not leading anyone in any cheer. call them a competetive gymnastics team . ( I do believe they are athelets)

I guess being a Greenup grad has kinda soured me on cheerleaders. The huge % of them were 10 x more worried about their next competetion or performance than who actually won a game . so it could free up both sides, the girls could use the time to train and the boys would have alot more time to watch their coach :razz: MD

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia's cheerleaders are really good....

toddboeckman4prez
Riding the Bench

Post by toddboeckman4prez »

South gallia and Oak hill

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

most cheerleaders I've seen just chat with each other and put on hair spray while leaning on the
wall. I waste of bus seats. I agree do away with them. take them and all the bags they bring to the game
and the teams would have a lot more room to let the players relax.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

god what a disaster those things turned into. . .you ever seen how stupid those girls look for competitions. . hahahaha never seen make up like that since mimi on the drew carey show
but thats mostly incorrect. . about them not caring. . thats just the schools where they actually think they are good. . whatever that means??. . then they dont care for the most part. . . . .most schools have normal descent squads. .

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I used to really rile them up by saying cheerleading wasn't a sport. . .haha they'd freak out. . .
but you do have to compete against some one for it to be a sport. . as they do not. . it is not a sport... . . they would have a cow every time

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford's cheerleaders really cheered well this year.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

OVCfan32 wrote:god what a disaster those things turned into. . .you ever seen how stupid those girls look for competitions. . hahahaha never seen make up like that since mimi on the drew carey show. .

I'll definetly have to second that one.Heck, it looks like most of em jus fell into a daggone box of crayons, put on their lil skirt, and showed up!!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Shouldn't this be moved to the cheerleading forum? I believe such a thing exists according to the board index.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

yep, probably right-didnt realize there was a cheerleading forum, put it here I guess because that's where I saw them, at boys' basketball games... but anyway,
Warren's are much improved...
Saw Belpre's a few times and they were real good, probably a good move that they no longer use the chair prop like couple years back... that routine was quite....uh, risque :122246

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

If you think dropping cheerleading is good you're CRAZY!!!! I never respected High School cheerleading as a player in Southeastern Ohio. South Gallia's cheerleading coach is a militant and has her girls prepared. They are awesome with all of their gymnastics they pull off. I am proud to have them as our team cheerleaders!!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

futurebkstar wrote:If you think dropping cheerleading is good you're CRAZY!!!! I never respected High School cheerleading as a player in Southeastern Ohio. South Gallia's cheerleading coach is a militant and has her girls prepared. They are awesome with all of their gymnastics they pull off. I am proud to have them as our team cheerleaders!!!!

Suck Up :lol:

itownpaw
All Conference

Post by itownpaw »

Ironton Middle School was very good this year. They won 2 first place trophies and Grand Champions at COA.

rebelgirl22
Waterboy

Post by rebelgirl22 »

South Gallia definetly!!!To be good you have to have great personality, motions and tumbling.South Gallia had it all.Everyone wants to see the great tumbling during games.Winning nationals is also a very big accomplishment and says a lot.I went to every game and no team was even close to the South Gallia varsity cheerleaders!The tumbling was definetly a lot better.I only saw one other full and that was from Oak Hill. South Gallia has two.Also, South Gallia has five round-off tucks butalmost has six.Next year these girls will be just as good or better!!!!Good luck girls.

dell
Waterboy

Post by dell »

well i heard that they are great... i heard the from some people that they had great tumbler and great motions... At the last competition i heard that they was great... I heard that they had at least two fuller and they are anwsome tumbler.. that is what every team around here needs... Good job to sg cheerleading what i heard of you are a great team and can have a great future ahead of you.. futurebkstar"]If you think dropping cheerleading is good you're CRAZY!!!! I never respected High School cheerleading as a player in Southeastern Ohio. South Gallia's cheerleading coach is a militant and has her girls prepared. They are awesome with all of their gymnastics they pull off. I am proud to have them as our team cheerleaders!!!![/quote]

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

It sounds like some people on here are jealous of the cheerleaders. I have two grandaughters who are varsity cheerleaders at Jackson and they do care about the football team and the basketball team. Every year they feed the boys breakfast before the first game of the year. They decorate the senior boy's cars and homes before senior night. They decorate their lockers and make goodies for the locker room. Don't think the boy's don't appreciate it either, because I know they do because I had a grandson on the football team a couple of years ago. I have never seen our cheerleaders spraying hairspray or leaning at a game, they cheer. They do compete against other teams at competitions and camps which makes it a sport. Jackson won two first place trophys and the top banana award at camp this year. They didn't have a competition squad this year, but last year they did, and placed third in the international competition held at Disney World. I think our girls are an asset to our sports program.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

do the southren cheerleaders also work at with the cattleballs?

GO EAGLES!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

tommygnosis wrote:do the southren cheerleaders also work at with the cattleballs?

GO EAGLES!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

South Gallia has an awesome program! I really admire their coach and the girls determination to be great!

Return to “The Off season”